best wheelie sprocket combination

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:48 PM

minisf4i is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: best wheelie sprocket combination

clutching is def. the best way to go you have more control on when the bike comes up and sprockets only really help for getting higher gears to come up for example 3rd gear on my f4i won't clutch up but 2nd will so i went -1 front +4 rear now i have 3rd and 4th clutch up for highway wheelies and my top end is about 145 so i didn't loose too much but deff. go with clutch up you will same effort and time learning
Old 07-16-2006, 09:51 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by minisf4i
clutching is def. the best way to go you have more control on when the bike comes up and sprockets only really help for getting higher gears to come up for example 3rd gear on my f4i won't clutch up but 2nd will so i went -1 front +4 rear now i have 3rd and 4th clutch up for highway wheelies and my top end is about 145 so i didn't loose too much but deff. go with clutch up you will same effort and time learning
stock f4i will come up in 4th with a clutch and a bounce
Old 07-17-2006, 01:11 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

+1, i was doin 3rd gear sitdowns stock
Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Big Sprockets Are Cool But Stuntin With A Stock Sprocket Is Cooler
Old 07-17-2006, 03:21 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
Big Sprockets Are Cool But Stuntin With A Stock Sprocket Is Cooler
false...
when u're workin on no hander ****, with stock sprockets, and u stall and nail your *****.. it gets old real fast
Old 07-29-2006, 02:53 AM

gspotzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

i went one down in front and 3 up in rear, ive been workin on clutchin them up with just the one down in front and next week the up 3 in rear should be here so ill hopefully be doin better wheelies, i have been practicing in 1st gear clutching them up... any more advice?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:58 AM
B.T.M.

gearing isn't going to make it any easier, i told you that, so get that outta your head, my advice is do standups, you're not going to progress doing sit downs.. clutch it, be smooth on the gas, and watch the rear brake, even apply a little pressure to it, cuz if u're not trained with brake, and a panic situation comes, u won't hit it.. so if u keep a little pressure on it, and overpower it with gas, and realize that as soon as u let off it comes down cuz u're already on brake, u'll be ok
Old 07-29-2006, 04:04 PM

solidjohnny is an unknown quantity at this point

the 636 has great gearing stock IMO. If you don't know how to use the rear brake, you'll just be winding out faster and your wheelies will be shorter.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:18 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Gearing it is just going to make 2nd like 1st used to be. You'll just be pulling them in 2nd instead of 1st........who's on 1st?
Old 07-29-2006, 07:58 PM
The 09 Takeover

JSkillz23 is an unknown quantity at this point

dude are you serious ?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:26 PM

righthooks is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah clutch it up....and throw some spreaders...
Old 07-31-2006, 03:09 PM

20f4i03 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive got an 05 r1 ... gettin it up isnt the problem but ive been learning slow sh*t and right now i can get it up goin about 5 mph but from looks of it a bigger sprocket would make thing a whole lot easier ... any input would help
Old 07-31-2006, 03:29 PM
B.T.M.

u lift it up at 5mph.. then at what speed are you at bp, and how far can u carry it
Old 07-31-2006, 03:32 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do people stunt R1's?? I don't get it
Old 07-31-2006, 03:36 PM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

For Sprocket Help Search Previous Threads
There Is At Lest 2 New Threads Started A Week For The Same Dumb ****---learn Balance Point Before You Jump Up 10 Teeth
Old 07-31-2006, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
u lift it up at 5mph.. then at what speed are you at bp, and how far can u carry it
i can hit bp right away and keep it there about half the time ... im just having a hard time slowin them down
Old 07-31-2006, 04:46 PM
B.T.M.

Originally Posted by 20f4i03
i can hit bp right away and keep it there about half the time ... im just having a hard time slowin them down
if u're at 5mph, why would u slow it down? u're probably goin around 20.. turn your idle up
Old 07-31-2006, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Why do people stunt R1's?? I don't get it
its not my first choice but its what i have to work with ... the shitty part is i sold my f4i for the r1 before i started stuntin
Old 07-31-2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
if u're at 5mph, why would u slow it down? u're probably goin around 20.. turn your idle up
your right once its up its around 20 or so ... ive been tryin with the idle around 3000 and it seems a little smoother ... probably just need practice with it but should i try throwin a bigger sprocket on or would it be better to learn with out
Old 07-31-2006, 04:54 PM
B.T.M.

learn with out it.. all u gotta do is have it back just a little farther.. u'll feel it, but sell that r1 asap

Quick Reply: best wheelie sprocket combination