xdl comp. is BS in my book whats your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: xdl comp. is BS in my book whats your thoughts

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
This is an opportunity for some very hardworking stunters to put a good face on our sport for a huge audience. We should support it. As the sport gets bigger I'm sure the lesser known talent will have a chance to be represented as they are in x-games. I wish everyone involved the best of luck, as up to this point the best in stuntriding are putting alot of time, money, and hard work in without always getting the most tangible rewards in return.
WELL SAID I AGREE I JUST WANTED SOME FEELINGS ON THE THING AND MAYBE GIVE THE PEOPLE PUTTING THIS ON SOME HINTS FOR NEXT YEAR BUT I DO HOPE IT BRINGS GOOD LIGHT TO THE SPORT AND ONE OF THE SHOWS IS ONLY AN HOUR FROM ME BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE LESS FORUNATE HAVE A CHANCE ALSO:YEAH
Old 04-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

Originally Posted by nsaneobsession
WELL SAID I AGREE I JUST WANTED SOME FEELINGS ON THE THING AND MAYBE GIVE THE PEOPLE PUTTING THIS ON SOME HINTS FOR NEXT YEAR BUT I DO HOPE IT BRINGS GOOD LIGHT TO THE SPORT AND ONE OF THE SHOWS IS ONLY AN HOUR FROM ME BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE LESS FORUNATE HAVE A CHANCE ALSO:YEAH
the one thing that i see, is people putting in the time, and yes the comps are getting bigger, but look at the xsba, people can talk big all they want, the xsba was a sanctioning body for this sport and how many people competed in that, what maybe 20 per comp. now the people that have been putting in constantly are getting there shot, so the people that are good riders have untill the next big comp to prove themselves. or they could go to starboyz stuntfest and prove themselves there.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by Judd
but just because someone stays in there own spot and rides like hell, then decides they want to compete when something like this rolls around, doesnt mean its gonna happen. this isnt some small competition held at the local dragstrip, alot of people put in a lot of time into getting this set, and alot of riders have been busting there *** out there putting on shows and doing competitions for a chance like this
I CANT DO IT I JUST WANTED SOME INPUT........................ILL HAND ALL THESE GUYS THERE *** IF THERE JUDGING HOW GOOD YOU CRASH
Old 04-23-2006, 10:31 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

its about politricks, not your bag of tricks......
Old 04-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
its about politricks, not your bag of tricks......
:YEAH
Old 04-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

ha, you guys are funny with your comments like "deep pockets" and "not being able to afford to drive around the country proving themselves"!

i'm a TEACHER, yet somehow i've managed to do what i've done. without risk there is no reward.

there are a million guys out there on the playgrounds as good as some of the best guys in the NBA, but for some reason, whether location, lack of connects, poor home life, drugs, etc - they aren't int he NBA.

its the same thing here man. you cant expect to just ride at your local spot and then be invited to do anything, nevermind a national championship basically. all that qualifying stuff costs money and time, and why does anyone who rides in their back yard deserve any of the rewards given to those who are out there doing it?

and Z young grasshopper, don't misuse my beloved 'politricks' phrase in the wrong context!!

as a matter of fact, all you new englanders have a chance to prove yourselves in the following 3 series championship:

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157043

there are comps and shows everywhere to make a name for yourselves, it is each riders choice to make it happen and do it - or make excuses and watch others do it
Old 04-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
ha, you guys are funny with your comments like "deep pockets" and "not being able to afford to drive around the country proving themselves"!

i'm a TEACHER, yet somehow i've managed to do what i've done. without risk there is no reward.

there are a million guys out there on the playgrounds as good as some of the best guys in the NBA, but for some reason, whether location, lack of connects, poor home life, drugs, etc - they aren't int he NBA.

its the same thing here man. you cant expect to just ride at your local spot and then be invited to do anything, nevermind a national championship basically. all that qualifying stuff costs money and time, and why does anyone who rides in their back yard deserve any of the rewards given to those who are out there doing it?

and Z young grasshopper, don't misuse my beloved 'politricks' phrase in the wrong context!!

as a matter of fact, all you new englanders have a chance to prove yourselves in the following 3 series championship:

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157043

there are comps and shows everywhere to make a name for yourselves, it is each riders choice to make it happen and do it - or make excuses and watch others do it
IM NOT MAKIN FU(KIN EXCUSES I DONT COMPETE ,DONT WANT TO COMPETE AND I DO HAVE THE MONEY TO GO ANYWHERE I WANT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE OTHERS OUT HERE SEE THAT OPP. AND AS FOR THE NBA BULL A LOT (MOST IM SURE)WHERE SEEN IN HIGHSCHOOL AND PROGREESSED FROM THERE AND YOU KNOW JUST LIKE I DO THERE ARE ALOT OF REALLY ROUGH SCHOOLS OUT HERE THAT SCOUTS WILL NOT GO TO SO THAT SCENARIO DONT WORK AND AS FOR YOU BEING A TEACHER YALL DONT MAKE THAT LITTLE OF MONEY IR YOU WOULD NOT DO IT AND IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHAT AREA OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM CAUSE WHERE I LIVE MINIMUM WAGE IS ONLY 5.25 AN HOUR THAT AINT **** AND ALSO YOU BEING A TEACHER I WOULD THINK YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE LESS FORTUNATE PROGRESS WETHER IT BE STUNTIN OR WHATEVER BUT I GUESS IT ALL ABUOT THE BENJAMINS LIKE IN EVERYTHING ELSE ..............................BUT ALL BULLSH1T ASIDE YOU A GREAT RIDER WHY ARENT YOU COMPETING
Old 04-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

this is to big of an event, let the best rep for us so it will have a strong following till the next one.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:34 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, know what your B I TCH ING about before you B I T C H!!!

Thomas, was accepting pictures and videos of any riders who think they deserved a chance to compete. THIS IS A MAJOR EVENT WITH MAJOR SPONSORS!!! If you had proper LOOKS, i.e. Rider appearance is "flashy", bike is not "beat up" and you got enough ALL AROUND skill, then you could have a chance to compete.

It doesn't take much to look "professional". And if your good, it shouldn't be that hard to go out there and get a few sponsors to help you out. It just takes time and effort!!!

I don't know if its too late, but if you think you got what it takes with proof, then get a hold of Thomas.

Peace...
Old 04-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by socalstunts
First off, know what your B I TCH ING about before you B I T C H!!!

Thomas, was accepting pictures and videos of any riders who think they deserved a chance to compete. THIS IS A MAJOR EVENT WITH MAJOR SPONSORS!!! If you had proper LOOKS, i.e. Rider appearance is "flashy", bike is not "beat up" and you got enough ALL AROUND skill, then you could have a chance to compete.

It doesn't take much to look "professional". And if your good, it shouldn't be that hard to go out there and get a few sponsors to help you out. It just takes time and effort!!!

I don't know if its too late, but if you think you got what it takes with proof, then get a hold of Thomas.

Peace...
I KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKIN ABOUT I KNOWN THOMAS SINCE I STARTED RIDING WITH THE FU(KIN EAST COAST STUNTERS YEARS BEFORE THOMAS MOVED TO CALI. IF YOU WOULD READ ALL THE FU(KIN POST YOU WOULD FU(KIN KNOW I DONT HAVE **** AGAINST ANY OF THEM I WAS ASKIN SOME FU(KIN OPINIONS SO WE WOULD ALL HAVE SOMETHING TO BULLSHIT ABOUT THAT ISNT THE SAME OLD **** AND ALSO THROW UP SOME IDEAS FOR NEXT YEAR AND AS FOR SPONSORS THERE ARE THOUSANDS MORE SPORTBIKE **** ON THE EAST COAST AND THOUSANDS ASKIN FOR SPONSORSHIPS IT AINT THAT ****IN EASY AND I SPONSOR RIDRS MYSELF
Old 04-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

I Love Stuntlife It Has More Bbbuuulllsssshhhiiitttt Than A LAdies Restroom
Old 04-24-2006, 12:00 AM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

:YEAH Drama!! You can get your daily dose on any given day here at Stuntlife!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Regular StuntLifer

pineapple is a decent person

just look at it this way... all of the riders rep our sport, and our life style. they are good riders. yes.. but they are there for the crowd. and from what i have seen from all of them.. i think they will rep. our sport to the fullest. and have busted their *** to ride, at that event.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:34 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

quote from the XDL and GT Live site

If you are a rider and would like more information about the competition please contact Thomas Evans at dsogthomas@yahoo.com.

invitation only means that no scrubs can show up the day of the show and pay $20 to come wreck in the middle of the program endangering thier lives or anyone elses...are you honestly trying to tell me that all of the 100 people who "tried" to qualify at stuntwars should have been out there??

lots of people have a great chance and have impressed me... I saw a lot of unknown riders at stuntwars who are welcome to contact me and compete at the east coast event..

people who are coming up like Luxury Joey out here in the west are also welcome too

This is the bottom line...

if you dont think you are good enough to come then most likely you arent

If you feel like you ride well and take pride in yourself and your motorcycle then you should contact me.. have evidence of your ability and professionalism in hand
Old 04-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas

If you are a rider and would like more information about the competition please contact Thomas Evans at dsogthomas@yahoo.com.

invitation only means that no scrubs can show up the day of the show and pay $20 to come wreck in the middle of the program endangering thier lives or anyone elses...are you honestly trying to tell me that all of the 100 people who "tried" to qualify at stuntwars should have been out there??

lots of people have a great chance and have impressed me... I saw a lot of unknown riders at stuntwars who are welcome to contact me and compete at the east coast event..

people who are coming up like Luxury Joey out here in the west are also welcome too

If you feel like you ride well and take pride in yourself and your motorcycle then you should contact me.. have evidence of your ability and professionalism in hand

good post
Old 04-24-2006, 11:42 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by nsaneobsession
well if they held smaller qalifying competitions then Gary from o-town would have a chance at 10,000 but he wont if they keep picking riders and yes there all GREAT riders
which is true Gary could have a damn good shot but thats also all the west coast guys. the east cost comp is too far away he'll be noticed but i also agree its too early in the event stages to hold a qualifier this could very well end up like the NSRA unfortunately which could have been great for the sport. I wish that would have pursued. But with thomas running this one I have a feeling its going to be a good thing for the sport as we know it.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas

nice nice. If I'm still invited I might try to make it if brandon ever gets home
Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

So bottom line is KELM invited?????
Old 04-24-2006, 12:39 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point

i had somethin all written out but i decided not to post it because i dont feel i will get enough appreciation for the amount of time i have invested to just throw it out there

so im gonna say this, if you got enough money to do whatever it is you want but it upsets you this much that other people cant, why dont you help them out, give them some money to travel or help them raise money and sponsors to travel if thats what they really want, and if they are talented enough
Old 04-24-2006, 12:44 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

What it basically breaks down to is you shouldnt have to beg and plead to get into the xdl or any invite only event, your resume, personal apperance, bike appearence, and overall professionalism should get you in, you would already be noticed.

I know for a fact that Thomas himself only got this gig cause of his reputation as the best, and hes trying to make it work for everyone. If you were the same then your name would be up on that list.

As far as rich and famous, thats a joke, no one is famous, maybe in our own little minds. And rich, now thats funny, outta the list of people competing:

one gave up everything he knew at his home of many years, up and moved to socal on a dream and is making it work, lived offa credit cards and what he could, not rich

one still goes to college and im pretty sure doesnt live the rich lifestyle youre talking about

One is a west coast hood star haha, street king, living where he rides

one works his *** off at his local job just to be able to go riding at night, and have the few things he has that does the job.

etc etc

so just realize that the list is only there cause they deserve it, once these parking lot pimps that you mention deserve it then they will be noticed!

Quick Reply: xdl comp. is BS in my book whats your thoughts