Cr 125 Stunna...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 03:45 AM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
Cr 125 Stunna...

well...i am selling my 4 wheeler tomarrow...im buying a 2002 cr 125...cheap and easy to rebuild. im going to start trying slow stuff...will this be to hard with a 2 stroke?? im going to work on my rolling stoppies..circle burnouts.....and slow wheelies...+ im going to start working on cirlces and hcs and so on ....im just worried with a 2 stroke it will be way to choppy..
Old 04-17-2006, 05:26 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person
Re: Cr 125 Stunna...

it will be choppy, it will be good for burnouts and u can learn long stoppies on it, BUT u will have heaps of trouble doin wheelies on it so dont even bother!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:38 AM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

dude if you learn to slow wheelie that 125, youll be able to ride anything..
Old 04-17-2006, 11:39 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

not a chance.. go get a 4 stroke
Old 04-17-2006, 12:14 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

Don't listen to speculators, and post vids with your progress.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

ummm... hey bill, have you ever ridden a 2 stroke?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Relentless Dedication..

haha lots of clutch work i do it on 2 stroke 4 wheelers...and yea il post vids of my progres for sure...im mainly getting it to practice circle burnouts..and my rolling stoppies...and just to goof off on rainy and raly windy days
Old 04-17-2006, 12:37 PM

I rode a cr 250 for 4 yrs, not many places to ride so mostly on back roads w/friends doing wheelies & what not. I've got a ktm sx motarded and would like to get my hands on a 125 2 stroke myself. 125 is alot smoother on the gas than a 250. It will force brake control as engine brake is nearly non existant. Sure it would be nice if we could all just go out and get 4 stroke motocrossers, motard them and go have fun. The sad reality is that it's difficult to find one in decent shape for less than $3000 or more, and by the time you've put wheels/tires and brakes on it's not hard to spend another $2000-$2500 on top of that. I don't know what it's like where you live, but I see clean two strokes for $1500 and less pretty often around here. They aren't hard to maintain, and once you get over the entire stigma that they are physically impossible to stunt they begin to look like a very affordable route into stunting. I say if he can get a good deal on it and wants to stunt it then do it.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:42 PM
B.T.M.

The point i'm trying to make is that a 2 stroke has a nasty powerband which i'm sure you know. If he's trying to learn slow and idle wheelies on it, it's not gonna happen. It in no way correlates to idle, throttle and brake on a big bike. I think a better bet would be to spend say 700 on a fifty, which can teach you fundamentals of a big bike, and go from there.. you can learn circle burnouts on the gixxer.. u don't need a "special" bike to do burnouts..
Old 04-17-2006, 12:43 PM
B.T.M.

well u know what, one of my buddies just got a cr125 lastnite.. maybe i'll ride it this week and let you know
Old 04-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Tony D kills a 2 stroke. But he's tony-d.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:54 PM
B.T.M.

point proven.. but hey.. he's tony D
Old 04-17-2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
Tony D kills a 2 stroke. But he's tony-d.

A 250 no less.

Agreed crtchrktrcr, he won't be doing idle tricks like you would on a 50, but as far as brake control, coasting, feathering the clutch and slowing the wheelies down on throttle/brake, I think it will be a good trainer. I'm hoping it will be for me at least. That's all I have to say about it until I can post vid. myself, anything else would be speculation on my part.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by YellowGixxer
well...i am selling my 4 wheeler tomarrow...im buying a 2002 cr 125...cheap and easy to rebuild. im going to start trying slow stuff...will this be to hard with a 2 stroke?? im going to work on my rolling stoppies..circle burnouts.....and slow wheelies...+ im going to start working on cirlces and hcs and so on ....im just worried with a 2 stroke it will be way to choppy..

Do you plan to run 17" wheels from the start or will you run street tires on the stock rims?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

get a 125 four stroke, super smooth power band and plenty of engine brake.

you cAN learn on the two stroke, but ti's kinda like getting a +20 sprocket before you can even wheelie your big bike. it'll just hold you back.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
Do you plan to run 17" wheels from the start or will you run street tires on the stock rims?
im running whats on it..haha prolly some kinda dunlop dirttires... those will grip in a stoppie right?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
get a 125 four stroke, super smooth power band and plenty of engine brake.

you cAN learn on the two stroke, but ti's kinda like getting a +20 sprocket before you can even wheelie your big bike. it'll just hold you back.
ahh i dbout it..ill post a video of riden after a week and we can see where im at. prolly nowhere but hey **** it i want someothing to ride the **** out of
Old 04-17-2006, 02:01 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
not a chance.. go get a 4 stroke
i stunt my freinds cr250 all the time..feels jus like my drz400
Old 04-17-2006, 02:03 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

but your gona need something other then dirt tires bra...get some flat track tires...only 19in street titres made
Old 04-17-2006, 02:06 PM

If you stay squared up on the dirt tires you can wheelie alright, but as soon as you do anything inconsistent to cause the back wheel to go to one side or the other it seems like it wants to roll over the edge of the middle recangular lug (on the dirt tire) and swing out from under the bike. Life will be alot easier with some sort of street tire on there.

Quick Reply: Cr 125 Stunna...