Is the bag of tricks almost empty??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:22 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the bag of tricks almost empty??

With the introduction of handbrakes and the introduction of working the clutch and handbrake simutaniously I've seen some truely amazing things on sportbikes in the past year or so..... but, I'm starting to think I may have seen it all. Is the barrell running dry?

What do you think is the next awe factor trick/setup coming to the world of stuntriding?.....or....has everything possible been done on sportbikes with the current modifications we have made?

What's left to do that's not too gimmicky?? (ex. handbrakes mounted in odd places)..

What are some of you top dogs working on in the stunt labratories accross the country ?

There has got to be more I say!!

Last edited by Brett256; 04-10-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:24 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough
Re: Is the bag of tricks almost empty??

switchback stoppies??? who knows
Old 04-10-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
switchback stoppies??? who knows
that's been done.. Dan Jackson and a few others I think. but if they actually rolled them out it would be new.

I'm really wanting to hear someone say fast, wide sitdown circles...cause I don't think it's possible!
Old 04-10-2006, 03:32 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

maybe the bag of tircks is up but theres always room to improove tricks that arent beeing mastered yet.....take the burnout...when is EVEREYONE GONA START killing switch abck burnouts
Old 04-10-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by middleschooler
maybe the bag of tircks is up but theres always room to improove tricks that arent beeing mastered yet.....take the burnout...when is EVEREYONE GONA START killing switch abck burnouts
true .. there will always be variations to try...just wandering if there's anything left with a shock factor!
Old 04-10-2006, 03:36 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

im still waiting to see switch back wheelies at balance,and unicycle on big bike..like people do on the 50s
Old 04-10-2006, 03:38 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

As soon as there is any money to be made in this sport its game on! There is a ton of things I think about every session but don't try. This is a hobby to most of us including myself so the drive to do a good amount of the “crash or do it perfect” tricks is just not worth. I can’t afford to buy more than a hundred dollars in parts a month and my real job is physical and requires 100%. If I'm hurt I'll be broke in a couple months, so until that point is reached no kung fu tricks. I think Shamil (Rus Extreme) is a great example of what tricks are out there. That man has no regard for his body and I ****in love it. If I lived in the same city as him there would be maximum danger at all times. Manna, Manny, and Ernie (E-dub) too, those men will always find something we've missed.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

it just means that whoever invents the next big thing will get lots of credit.
theres always more stuff on the way, but once in a while you hit a dry season. its just like any other sport: i.e. fmx, bmx, skating... theres always room for new sh*t

i'm workin on my switchback spreader circles as we speak
Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

but that's not that impressive.. yeah a switchbag burnout 0 would be hard.. but come on now.. it's gonna come down to switchback 0's and ****.. i don't even know.. the circle combo pretty much encompases every trick... really hard to duplicate.. and if anyone can do fast sit down o's it's probably you brett.. you can control that bike drifting like crazy.. i'm sure some of those fundamentals come into play
Old 04-10-2006, 03:42 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

If you get bored, build a teeter totter from a 2x12 and wheelie over it
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
As soon as there is any money to be made in this sport its game on! There is a ton of things I think about every session but don't try. This is a hobby to most of us including myself so the drive to do a good amount of the “crash or do it perfect” tricks is just not worth. I can’t afford to buy more than a hundred dollars in parts a month and my real job is physical and requires 100%. If I'm hurt I'll be broke in a couple months, so until that point is reached no kung fu tricks. I think Shamil (Rus Extreme) is a great example of what tricks are out there. That man has no regard for his body and I ****in love it. If I lived in the same city as him there would be maximum danger at all times. Manna, Manny, and Ernie (E-dub) too, those men will always find something we've missed.

good post.
agreed
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

frog podium rev limiter coasters.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
frog podium rev limiter coasters.
Fromingo haha
Old 04-10-2006, 03:47 PM

i know a sicccck stunt some stunter should try..take your stuntbike on the highway (wow i know im crazy),but after you get over the fact your riding a sportbike on the highway downshift a couple gears and clutch up a wheelie.

wow ok no one will do that its too dangerous sorry,i guess im crazy

carry on in the parking lots
Old 04-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Plots 4 Eva
Old 04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
i know a sicccck stunt some stunter should try..take your stuntbike on the highway (wow i know im crazy),but after you get over the fact your riding a sportbike on the highway downshift a couple gears and clutch up a wheelie.

that's where you learned your tricks doodle... then you moved them onto the street.. don't act like you learned circles in intersections
Old 04-10-2006, 03:54 PM

I know you guys are having fun, and I see a lot of talk about from you all about how you're riding the street/freeway. But do you really think we don't know how to do it? I'm a little old to get arrested and I'm not on stuntlife to pull my **** out and say it’s huge. Don't get me wrong, street is fun, but just because you do it has nothing to say about skill, only that you don't think of the repercussions of getting caught. I can name a bunch of hard core St. Louis kids on here doing combos at the speed you rock staggered. You don't see them talking about it.

In fact this is a progression post, not a what were people doing back in the LVX days. Paul is down the street from me, perhaps I should shoot him a call to put a street clip out and claim badness.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:11 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

supreme ownage i must say
Old 04-10-2006, 04:19 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nick Apex

I know you guys are having fun, and I see a lot of talk about from you all about how you're riding the street/freeway. But do you really think we don't know how to do it? I'm a little old to get arrested and I'm not on stuntlife to pull my **** out and say it’s huge. Don't get me wrong, street is fun, but just because you do it has nothing to say about skill, only that you don't think of the repercussions of getting caught. I can name a bunch of hard core St. Louis kids on here doing combos at the speed you rock staggered. You don't see them talking about it.

In fact this is a progression post, not a what were people doing back in the LVX days. Paul is down the street from me, perhaps I should shoot him a call to put a street clip out and claim badness.
to add to nick... streets are fun, FTP is fun, yea yea, it's all way more fun than lots till **** goes south and you have a felony evasion charge, you paid ~2k in bail to some bondsman, ~3k in impound, and ~5k in lawyer fees, lose your license for a year or so/on probation, possible jail, losing your job, yadda yadda. It's not a matter of being scared of the "danger", it's a matter of being scared of ****ing your life over for doing some wheelies on a different set of of pavement with more spectators.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:26 PM

circles are pretty much the only thing i learned in a lot..the only transportaion i have is my stuntbike so yeah i learned 90% of the stuff i can do on streets and highways

Quick Reply: Is the bag of tricks almost empty??