Powers customer service is kinda LACKING

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 06:36 PM

NickIF is an unknown quantity at this point
Powers customer service is kinda LACKING

So I bought a powers cage from meacham that didn't have any bolts. I called up powers to order a bolt kit the beginning of this week, I need it ASAP for a big ride this weekend which I told them. I was planning on ordering it next day for an additional $30 shipping but whoever answered the phone there said it wasn't worth it, he checked ground shipping and it will get here thursday... which is today. Now here I've sat all day waiting for the UPS man to deliver these bolts and NOTHING. So now I've wasted my only day off waiting for a package that never came. Even if it does come tomorrow I'm working a 16 hour shift so I won't be here to accept it. I tried calling them around 4 to get a tracking # but I guess they close at 4:30 ET

LAME.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:42 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Powers customer service is kinda LACKING

Dude! I feel ya! I hate getting stuff delivered to me. I might as well just have them hold it at the distro center cuz I'm never aorund to accept ****
Old 05-05-2005, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Albgixxer
Dude! I feel ya! I hate getting stuff delivered to me. I might as well just have them hold it at the distro center cuz I'm never aorund to accept ****
ya it's not the UPS man's fault though it's powers. I've been sitting here literally ALL day. (and it's beautiful out first 70+ day in a while). complete ****ing waste.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Rando1100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get ur **** at a hardware store for like 10 bucks total... thats all you get from them anyways
Old 05-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Their cages suck *** too. Mike broke before I even dropped my bike.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:52 PM
BEST RIDER EVER

taubr unit is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a powers cage and love it, dumped it hard as hell on both sides and held up good as ***, nick, just get them from a hardwhear store!! i dunno bout a 636 but the f4i's are the same stock bolts just a bit longer!!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NickIF
So I bought a powers cage from meacham that didn't have any bolts. I called up powers to order a bolt kit the beginning of this week, I need it ASAP for a big ride this weekend which I told them. I was planning on ordering it next day for an additional $30 shipping but whoever answered the phone there said it wasn't worth it, he checked ground shipping and it will get here thursday... which is today. Now here I've sat all day waiting for the UPS man to deliver these bolts and NOTHING. So now I've wasted my only day off waiting for a package that never came. Even if it does come tomorrow I'm working a 16 hour shift so I won't be here to accept it. I tried calling them around 4 to get a tracking # but I guess they close at 4:30 ET

LAME.

this really needed to be posted on this site and stuntusa
Old 05-05-2005, 09:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

905 is the only way to go, excellent customer service too.......i have a powers cage for a 636 i'll sell cheap, i think i would honestly rather stick butter up a wild cat's a$$ than use a powers cage.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:31 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NickIF
ya it's not the UPS man's fault though it's powers. I've been sitting here literally ALL day. (and it's beautiful out first 70+ day in a while). complete ****ing waste.
I agree man...I feel ya

Power cages are some of the strongest though. The first cage I got was a piece of crap but after they redesigned the gsxr cages they are like tanks. I love having so much armor on their. Unless 905 changed recently they bend like noodles when you really put them down hard.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

You'll have it saturday or monday I bet. If you ordered it Monday it probably didn't get into the UPS truck till wed. Then at least a day to get to IL, and another day or 2 to get out locally.

I hate it when places tell you one thing and it comes a week later. 905 is the same way. I ordered stunt stay on a monday, he said it will go out on wednesday. I called thurs. the next week and it still wasn't shipped out. I even asked him what day will this go out, if your backed up its fine and he insisted I'd have it by the coming tuesday. I knew it wouldn't make it. Then he charged me $30 some dollars for shipping and the label on the box says it only costed $5.

I think 905 has the worst customer service, Chico or whatever his name is called me back when I left a message to order a stay. Than no response for 2 weeks from emails messages or anything concering the shipment.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:17 AM

none of the places I've tried (about a dozen) carry the 12" bolt..

some of these companies need to need lessons from Bill at FullThrottle inc... that guy is awesome
Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 AM

Rando1100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ur not looking for metric are u? the one that goes all the way through on a gixxer only threads into the nut you put on the other side, so pretty much any thing will work as long as it fits through all the holes... Dont kno about on the kawi's though. I got mine at Ace
Old 05-06-2005, 05:30 AM

slikz is an unknown quantity at this point

I like my powers cage? It's on a 636, and this thing has gotten mad air and bounced quite a few times and it has barely even tweaked.

Fitiment is pretty bad though, but whatever you learn to take it on off with ease after a few times.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 AM

kirk newcomer is a decent person

Pep Boys Had The Bigger Motor Mount Bolts.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:45 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

nick-your never going to find a metric 12 inch bolt at a hardware store, do what i did, get a 12inch threaded rod, slap a washer and a bolt on one end and a nut on the other end and your good to go.

racing 905 has quality ****, if you break something they replace it ASAP and they support a lot of stunt teams.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:58 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

if anyone ever needs a bolt kit or a long bolt, hit me up. i always have them in stock. 8-12" 14" and 16" the 14 & 16 have 2" of thread so you can cut it down for inbetween sizes.

i have every M10 1.25 you can think of, thats pretty much the standard front mount bolt. some bikes are a m12 1.25 or a m12 1.5 and i have all those too.

you guys need to give them a break though. everyone has problems getting stuff out sometimes, there are delays that arent controllable sometimes. i had a guy notify paypal today because DHL didnt come and pick up his package, even though i called it in. thats

even bill at full throttle missed my order for my hand brake. i had to call him 2 weeks later and re order it, no big deal, i got it and its a great product.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:58 AM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Well after my powers cage busted my stator cover open and took nearly 4 hours to remove, I sent it back to them over 2 months ago to fix/replace. Still have'nt heard from them. ?????????????? I love my freestyle cage.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:00 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

...Oh yea--do NOT buy a Powers wheelie bar--it BENDS. My bar bent so bad its scraping the bottom edge of the plate. As usual, Im waiting for a freestyle bar to come in now....
Old 05-06-2005, 01:33 PM

I called and got a tracking #, they're suppose to be here today. Hopefully everything fits.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:32 PM

SVDragon is an unknown quantity at this point

I had called Powers trying to get a cage for my SV650. Since they didnt carry one yet they said if I brought my bike up they would give to me for free. At this point I am pumped made the appointment for that weekend. Had my bike loaded up and ready to go up to PA and drop it off. They called me the day before and told me they had to cancel, that they had another SV to fit up. The day before!!!! What the FFFF!!!!! That was just foul and just an up the *** business move.

I will never deal with them and run them into the ground every chance I get. The cage didnt even come out until like a 4 months after, not like I wouldnt have paid them for it. ***** move by a ***** *** company making a ***** *** product.

My 2 cents

Quick Reply: Powers customer service is kinda LACKING