Powers customer service is kinda LACKING

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 03:44 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Powers customer service is kinda LACKING

only stunters should build cages,i'm not slaming the other companies ,but c-mon you would'nt send a mc donalds worker into a operating room for brain surgery would you

www.nwstuntbike.com mxd knows what he's doin as well
Old 05-07-2005, 08:52 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mofat01
You'll have it saturday or monday I bet. If you ordered it Monday it probably didn't get into the UPS truck till wed. Then at least a day to get to IL, and another day or 2 to get out locally.

I hate it when places tell you one thing and it comes a week later. 905 is the same way. I ordered stunt stay on a monday, he said it will go out on wednesday. I called thurs. the next week and it still wasn't shipped out. I even asked him what day will this go out, if your backed up its fine and he insisted I'd have it by the coming tuesday. I knew it wouldn't make it. Then he charged me $30 some dollars for shipping and the label on the box says it only costed $5.

I think 905 has the worst customer service, Chico or whatever his name is called me back when I left a message to order a stay. Than no response for 2 weeks from emails messages or anything concering the shipment.

That's weird that happened to you man, and i'm sorry you feel that way. But from what i've dealth with, they've sent me new bolts for free, fixed my cage, really fast shipments. A ton of people on here I think agree, they have excellent customer service. His name is aaron I think, and Stephanie is there as well.

I'm kind of scared getting a powers cage for my 9 now that I'm reading this thread.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:06 PM

NickIF is an unknown quantity at this point

well i got my bolts yesterday but the right motor mount bolt wasn't long enough. Had to trim down the hollow bolt it goes through to get the cage to fit. The right side also didn't clear the header so I had to dent it in a bit. The cage looks super strong but they could have done a better job with fitment
Old 05-08-2005, 07:16 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but I've been there and been through it. You cant compare that cage to a 905. I had it for a few months and I thought they were great people and I wanted it to work but it broke my oil pan like three times and it was impossible to get to fit correct0 Where the cage comes in at an angle through the header it is too close, on the right it hits the xhaust and on the left it hits the oil pan. I have had none of these problems with 905, it is rock solid and their customer service is the best in the industry. Not bustin on Powers but from experience you can't compare the 2.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:23 AM

in no way am I raggin' on the strength of the cage. I haven't dropped it yet but it looks strong as ****, especially with the gussets. Where I recently seen the right side of a 905 get almost torn in half after flopping a 12 at 15mph. Powers or FI, but I'm not touching a 905 cage...
Old 05-09-2005, 12:02 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I guess anything can happen but I have the same bike and all I can say is my 905 has taken serious abuse and held up and my powers was horrible. All I am saying is good luck.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:38 PM

ah8u-up is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SVDragon
I had called Powers trying to get a cage for my SV650. Since they didnt carry one yet they said if I brought my bike up they would give to me for free. At this point I am pumped made the appointment for that weekend. Had my bike loaded up and ready to go up to PA and drop it off. They called me the day before and told me they had to cancel, that they had another SV to fit up. The day before!!!! What the FFFF!!!!! That was just foul and just an up the *** business move.

I will never deal with them and run them into the ground every chance I get. The cage didnt even come out until like a 4 months after, not like I wouldnt have paid them for it. ***** move by a ***** *** company making a ***** *** product.

My 2 cents
Sounds like the only reason you're mad is b/c you didn't get one for free but you should try and get a real stunting bike instead of those girly sv's. Wipe your tears and save some $ $ and get a real bike . I rock a powers cage on my GSXR and get nothing but compliments on style, looks and toughness . Like they quote :YEAH "built for war!!" :YEAH
Old 05-12-2005, 04:48 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

my powers cage is pimp..... all good things to say about those guys....
Old 05-12-2005, 04:56 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i had a brand new powers cage that came with my 636---junk junk junk---the ****ing bolts didnt even line up under the headers, what the hell is with that??? especially a brand new cage, i never had that problem with 905. then the 12 bar that came with it....wow....that's a whole different story, i had to cut 3 inches of it off to make it sit at 12, and now when i try to rest it on the bar you can visually see the supports flexing and the bike wants to tip side to side.....what exactly to you call that????

cbo----knock your **** off...this company is putting garbage out, recognize.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:24 AM

BUSA KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

why wouldn't you leave a note on the door for the ups man to leave it there.

We have installed powers cages and bars on almost every bike. Never had a problem. as for the 12 bar on the 636 you must have it on wrong all the ones we have work great.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:57 AM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

We (StuntMetal) have never had any problems with POWERS. Matt always keeps in touch with us to see how things are going for us and to see if we need anything.
My cage bolted right up w/ no problems. :YEAH
Old 05-13-2005, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by BUSA KILLER
why wouldn't you leave a note on the door for the ups man to leave it there.

We have installed powers cages and bars on almost every bike. Never had a problem. as for the 12 bar on the 636 you must have it on wrong all the ones we have work great.
why don't you read the whole thread before you throw in your

They don't ship UPS either they ship DHL