Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 10:25 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
Re: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

i cant wait to be in attendance for this event, thomas the dewaction sports thing looks very sick if that happens, WELL!!!! fmx judges will proably be even more crucial than antoher rider judging or what have you.this is such a positive thing that is happening for this (sport) and maybe after this it can be proudly called a sport knowing that the corporate side of things are starting to have our backs. well i dont kow im just rambling here but what i do know is people that come on here and do nothing but talk down about things they dont know the whole story about shouldseriously just keep their motuh shut.or at least have a good reason for talking dumb and making your self juts look stupid. so just "KNOCK IT OFF"
and thomas ill be there what can i do to help . you know im always at events doing nothing but riding and i cant ride this one so holla . i got yo back dogg *** the haterz

sincerely,
mike
Old 12-13-2004, 11:21 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

i will be charging 1 t-shirt at the houston border for all people coming to my city... so i expect alot of shirts thanks .. i wear an xl
Old 12-14-2004, 12:11 AM

JasonS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be heading down with a decent-sized group of stunters/riders from Dallas/Fort Worth. Probably going to trailer the bikes down and find a good local spot to hit up. I'll keep my eyes on the board for anything you local boys might pull together.

As fans of this sport, everyone who attends this event needs to do everything they can to show the event organizers and sponsors that there IS a market for Street Freestyle and it is worth their support and involvement! That means CHEERING our asses off in the stands, wearing our stunt T-shirts/gear, dragging our friends/family to the event and getting a huge turn-out, etc...

I'm a big believer that this sport is on the verge of making a break-through into the mainstream (something I support), and I really think that this event is a major first step in the right direction. The rider's definetly need to do their thing, but we all know that they'll represent. It'll be the fans that will play a much larger role in helping sponsors decide if these types of events will continue at other venues.

Congatulations to all the riders chosen to compete.

- Jason
Old 12-14-2004, 12:49 AM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
robbie,

still working on the info you need...bear with me.

fmx judges will be judging the sportbike freestyle...we already have a plan in place to educate them and whatnot-they will be observing our practices and we have a specific individual for them to use as a resource...no worries there.

as for the xsba thing: i'll leave that alone for now, i haven't the patience to explain it to everyone. anyone who bitched about the xsba never showed up to support it (save for the daytona event), and so their thoughts and opinions are worthless to me, and so are they. the PEOPLE behind the xsba are true to their intentions and only want the best for US....they have sacrificed time, money, and family lives to try and make this work for US. i would hope that we would support them in turn.

as far as thomas' comments, they are true. in the future, if this turns out positively for US, there WILL be a qualification procedure so that everyone has a chance to qualify-whether through same weekend quali's or through other event quali's or even by qualifiying through your results and reputation----in other words, there are people watching us and they know who is what and where. wanna have a chance to ride in something like this the next time it is around? show your support for the things we are trying to do and make a name for yourself by traveling and competing...just like anyone else.

robbie, your answers are soon. i got out on my fiddy track yesterday and the knee is fine: watch out motard races, i wanna bang bars!

**** it we're flyin down ,i'm just jealous is all it's like the whole voting thing if you don't vote you don't have the right to bitchh!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 01:07 AM

a little o/t but just want to add to somthing:thomas these ''rookies''are some of tomorow's pro's granted they need to pay there's due's and all but as i watch and particapate in events i as well as many other's notice one thing,rookies are entertainment and although we don't like it the general public who doe'nt know a spreader from a christ air love to see crashes,goofs,sillyness near misses the list go's on and those are the people we as a stunt community need to atract ,it seems more and more stunter's are forgetting that.when we put on show's we never do more than 4-5 circle wheelies at a time cuz frankly thety get old real fast to the average joe,people want to see acro tricks as well they don't pay $$ to watch us have a slow wheelie pissing match ,and one more thing no more judges that think there above the rest of us ''this person's exact words were-ah bar tricks is gay he gets a zero'' and they should at least watch the peoples full run,and not turn to there fellow judges and ask what he gave him.......

not starting any beef i'm just tired of everyone bitchin about things around the house but not sayin anything to the people that might actualy help with it a couple of us will defenetly be there on the 22nd to show our support
Old 12-14-2004, 01:37 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

LOL mekrew i got 1 for ya....

good attitude Jason

BG.... Im not hating on up and comers by any means....but what would it have been like if everyone had to qualify and compete inside arco in the little 30 minute sessions when we were there.....gaaabage

its just not the place
Old 12-14-2004, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
LOL mekrew i got 1 for ya....

good attitude Jason

BG.... Im not hating on up and comers by any means....but what would it have been like if everyone had to qualify and compete inside arco in the little 30 minute sessions when we were there.....gaaabage

its just not the place
yeah i understand that the slick concrete is bad enough

------------------------holla atcha boy---------------------------------
i luv that opening track ''cacalak''
Old 12-14-2004, 01:45 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

if its that glass concrete....we just spread Coka Cola all over it....
when it dries its nice and sticky

$10 fix
Old 12-14-2004, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Robbie
if its that glass concrete....we just spread Coka Cola all over it....
when it dries its nice and sticky

$10 fix
are'nt you still runnin those pink training wheels anyway
Old 12-14-2004, 01:53 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

actually i just hold the POM POM's and cheer on my fav rider...

u might know him....his name is brian green
Old 12-14-2004, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Robbie
actually i just hold the POM POM's and cheer on my fav rider...

u might know him....his name is brian green
lol,yeah i hear that guy is rocking sit sitter's and no handed peg standers
Old 12-14-2004, 08:57 AM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey....why is ther no backflip allowed in the fmx session???? anyway.....i would like to come, and drag my wife and kid with me.....how long of a drive is it from southern ca............also......i'm glad it's not an open invite comp......it's embarassing enough when people that can hardly do power wheelies call themselves stunters....let alone those that would actually do their power wheelies in front of a crowd and think that they are putting on a show. (myself included........i would never want to ride in front of a crowd at a stunt show......i would be embarrased as hell!!)....not to mention that it's dangerous
Old 12-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZANNMANN
i cant wait to be in attendance for this event, thomas the dewaction sports thing looks very sick if that happens, WELL!!!! fmx judges will proably be even more crucial than antoher rider judging or what have you.this is such a positive thing that is happening for this (sport) and maybe after this it can be proudly called a sport knowing that the corporate side of things are starting to have our backs. well i dont kow im just rambling here but what i do know is people that come on here and do nothing but talk down about things they dont know the whole story about shouldseriously just keep their motuh shut.or at least have a good reason for talking dumb and making your self juts look stupid. so just "KNOCK IT OFF"
and thomas ill be there what can i do to help . you know im always at events doing nothing but riding and i cant ride this one so holla . i got yo back dogg *** the haterz

sincerely,
mike
your my hero
Old 12-14-2004, 12:18 PM

Buddha43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DAN1978
hey....why is ther no backflip allowed in the fmx session???? anyway.....i would like to come, and drag my wife and kid with me.....how long of a drive is it from southern ca............also......i'm glad it's not an open invite comp......it's embarassing enough when people that can hardly do power wheelies call themselves stunters....let alone those that would actually do their power wheelies in front of a crowd and think that they are putting on a show. (myself included........i would never want to ride in front of a crowd at a stunt show......i would be embarrased as hell!!)....not to mention that it's dangerous
I am not sure about my answer, but I think the reason that there is no flips early in the show is so that the "big" stuff is saved for the end of the show. Kinda like a grand finale. By putting no flips in the early round, then by the time one of the fmxers gets to huck one....the crowd will be READY for it.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:44 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

While I wont be attending due to monetary constraints, I'll certainly be interested in how the event turns out. I'm hoping this is the stepping stone the sport needs to get a national series started next year. I've been a fan of stunters ever since I saw Gary Rothwell perform at the Pocono races many moons ago. I've been to every XSBA event at Summit Point and went to Psychofest and the Baltimore Bike Blast this past summer. If a national series develops, I'll support it by attending any event near me on the east coast. Does anyone know if this comp will make it on TV? With Clear Channel's connections, I certainly hope that's a possibility. Good luck to all the fellas, but TEACH is da man!
Old 12-14-2004, 01:20 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mekrew
i will be charging 1 t-shirt at the houston border for all people coming to my city... so i expect alot of shirts thanks .. i wear an xl
mekrew is a stingy bitch haha...i just charge beer , but if u want to gimme a shirt instead i wear an xl too haha. found ne spots yet grego?
hopefully we can find a decent spot asap, this even is coming up quick as fk.
is everyone looking for a parking lot? or just a road? mekrew is good at just browsing mapquest, i on the other hand, have no patience whatsoever. lol.

so lot or road?
Old 12-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

jbad is working on a lot...but any other help would be great.

the idea is that ALL the stuntriders will hang/ride at a specified location for a few hours on friday night and maybe sat afternoon, then head over to Reliant for the show, and then downtown for the afterparty...
Old 12-14-2004, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
jbad is working on a lot...but any other help would be great.

the idea is that ALL the stuntriders will hang/ride at a specified location for a few hours on friday night and maybe sat afternoon, then head over to Reliant for the show, and then downtown for the afterparty...
now we gots ta drive down
Old 12-14-2004, 03:21 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got an idea. Since some you guys will be getting big time exposure, how 'bout getting advertisements on your bikes that cover the entire bike? Having one big *** logo that completly covers the bikes farings-tank-seat is a hell of a way to advertise, and could be worth a hell of a lot of money. Can't you see it? Bikes covered with the logos of Miller, Budwieser, Dew, Coke, Xbox, Ebay, Microsoft, Burger King, Nextel...
Old 12-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by f4rider
I've got an idea. Since some you guys will be getting big time exposure, how 'bout getting advertisements on your bikes that cover the entire bike? Having one big *** logo that completly covers the bikes farings-tank-seat is a hell of a way to advertise, and could be worth a hell of a lot of money. Can't you see it? Bikes covered with the logos of Miller, Budwieser, Dew, Coke, Xbox, Ebay, Microsoft, Burger King, Nextel...

great idea, and that is the way we would want things to go, but as of right now, there is no TV sponsorship, so that is not very valuable....

i already do that with ARGO Cycles...without them, i would not be riding!

Quick Reply: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??