Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:06 PM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
you got any conneks with a spot to ride for those who want?? if there is anyone who knows anyone, i'm sure i can find a nice ClearChannel letterheaded letter explaining what we are doing, etc...

we need a place to ride in or around Houston so that those not competing will have a place to ride at during the day...
Clear Channel is already organizing a few promotional autograph sessions for the riders on Friday night, along with Miller Light. Maybe at "Outbacker's Pub" in Houston? Still working on it. There is a patio for autographs, and a decent parking lot for the riders to put on exhibitions all night.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Re: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

we want to try and find a place to ride for those NOT competing...make the event a little more enjoyable for those who are making the trip....
Old 12-13-2004, 03:23 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Congrats to all that were invited! You have all put in your work and are getting recognition! Best of luck to all involved!!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:59 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

In case anyone cares or doubts...if this event goes well then we will be invited to a few similar events like this throughout the US next year

www.dewactionsportstour.com
Old 12-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

congrats to the people who were invited and did all the hard work, should set the stunt scene STRAIGHT!
Old 12-13-2004, 05:17 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point

you got any conneks with a spot to ride for those who want?? if there is anyone who knows anyone, i'm sure i can find a nice ClearChannel letterheaded letter explaining what we are doing, etc...

we need a place to ride in or around Houston so that those not competing will have a place to ride at during the day...

Teach, as I have said, Im working on all of this and check your phone VM
I left you a message this morning
DSOG thomas call me again I need to know how many big wigs will need VIP and such for the afterparty (KEN Abbot and such)
Old 12-13-2004, 05:25 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by godslayer
Not much of a "competition" if there is no competition, is it?

XSBA tried their thing with the AMA circuit and now they are trying again with the MX circuit? Sorry, no disrespect to the "chosen" competitors, as they are all good at what they do, but lets just keep it straight here. If you are going to deny someone with the appropriate credentials, funding, and skills from entry into this event then you should take this event at face value. It is an exhibition NOT a competition.

i will refrain from commenting on your inability to see the bigger picture here

Last edited by Ryan Cramer; 12-13-2004 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:30 PM

Buddha43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Demo or Comp? Who cares. The riders will compete, therefore it is a competition.

The X Games and Gravity Games are both by invitation only. And to get an invitation, you have to do well at other qualifier events. In Sportbike Stunt Riding (SSR for short) there is no qualifier events and no functional sanctioning body. So how do you chose? I think the list was formed because riders were fully evaluated, and I think the event will be a good one because I know there was some hard work put into it already.

As far as the audience and pushing SSR to a new level, if the powers that be are in attendance and they like what they see..... :YEAH
Old 12-13-2004, 05:55 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

jbad there are a few industrials i still havent gone to check out .. around 610/288 area .. i was going to go this weekend but ended up practicing .. ill try and get out to those spot and check them out and take some pics and post em up
Old 12-13-2004, 06:09 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

remember not to bring a vid camera in the building for the event...
CC staff with cut ur head off...lol...they will take ur cam and ur tape
just a heads up...its there rights, not urs.

and im still wanting for a few questions to be answered.....
sorry im not bigtime...

Rob
Old 12-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Regular StuntLifer

godslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
i will refrain from commenting on your inability to see the bigger picture here
No bro, I see the big picture here...but by calling it a competition and then saying that there are only a few who will be allowed to compete is just a little strange in my thinking. XSBA has been tried before and it seemed to fail. Then when it failed I heard a lot of stunters talk bad about it(would you like the all-star list of names?) and how the new revolution was to be that little deal that Tim Barnes and Kyle Woods tried hyping up at the Biker Bash in Dallas last year. They got a little publicity in the rags (Super Street Bike?) and that was that.....
Now the XSBA is trying another stab at it with slightly different affiliations and I hope to god it works. But like the first time around, the XSBA will not let everyone play, and if those that are invited to play the game decide it is too much work and give up on it I think we will see the same results. If those guys all stick to it and git'r'dun, then yes, many a door will open for everyone!
Old 12-13-2004, 07:54 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck everyone,hope it works,just sucks that none of the rest of us could go and try hell it's on the way to stunt wars ,but maybe next time

just remember that your competing for a lot more than money
Old 12-13-2004, 08:27 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

the reason it is not an open competition is because I will not allow a hundred rookies to embarass me trying to qualify for a top 10 spot, we dont have the facilities, the time or the patience to deal with that

anyone see the schedule? its two 30 minute sessions

thats definately not time for rookies to play...

on top of all that it is in a small area inside the arena and it is polished concrete....if anyone wants to be pissed cuz they dont have a chance to "qualify" then be pissed at me....but you actually should be thanking me for not letting you waste your money cuz you probably wouldnt qualify anyways

do I need to remind anyone of the 20 riders who said they could do 800 ft plus coasters at stuntlife last year?? and only 5 broke the 800 foot mark

and the so called "failure" of the xsba in whatever sense you may put it just isnt true, when you have misguided VP's who tell the sales department to sell sponsorships for some bullshit *** flattrack events and tell them not to worry about selling sponsorships for FormulaUSA and XSBA the of course there isnt going to be money in the budget for events.....

The Dew Action Sports Tour has put up more purse money for this event than we ever had for any XSBA event,

either come and have fun,
support it on stuntlife,
or dont say anything at all

I am not sitting here saying that this event is the second coming and will gaurantee that we get in the X games....all i am saying is that I think its going to be a really fun event and I am proud to be a part of it....even though I know that gravity games representatives will be there and they will make the decision wether to include us in more events or not after that event.......I have learned to not expect anything....so with that being said I am going there to have fun with a great group of riders that I consider friends and rip **** up on the microphone so hard that the crowd is going to boo the FMX announcer when he gets back on the mic......whatever happens happens...we are gonna do our best regardless

so quit with the ****** pussyaching
Old 12-13-2004, 08:38 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FOTOgrapher is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck on the event to all involved. Wish I could make it, but it is not in the budget right now.

Dav
Old 12-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

Nicely said thomas, nicely said. Congratulations to all of the riders choosen to ride in this. i am going to support this as much as possible. and possibly fly down to it to be a spectator. we'll see. but once again congratulations to everyone involved. and to all the haters keep hatin and bitchin about it on the sidelines. and if it fails because not enough people support it, blame yourselves, because without support this will go nowhere.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:50 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

I may have missed where who is judging the comp and desides who the top are to advance...is it the crowd or hand picked peolpe...if so who are they?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:55 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

please let them be handpicked. **** ill even volunteer lol damn. theres some stupid fkin people down here in houston. and a bunch of inbred redneck bastids who are even more stupid.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:01 PM

yungryder is a decent person

****, i think if u get some H-Town underground artists to perform to draw a crowd who knows little about the sport, would have an excellent outcome..But I know little about these thangs, so don't mind me....But I do know Houston has a lot of up comming rappers that people from other states have no clue exist, so it would be good exposure for all...
Old 12-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

robbie,

still working on the info you need...bear with me.

fmx judges will be judging the sportbike freestyle...we already have a plan in place to educate them and whatnot-they will be observing our practices and we have a specific individual for them to use as a resource...no worries there.

as for the xsba thing: i'll leave that alone for now, i haven't the patience to explain it to everyone. anyone who bitched about the xsba never showed up to support it (save for the daytona event), and so their thoughts and opinions are worthless to me, and so are they. the PEOPLE behind the xsba are true to their intentions and only want the best for US....they have sacrificed time, money, and family lives to try and make this work for US. i would hope that we would support them in turn.

as far as thomas' comments, they are true. in the future, if this turns out positively for US, there WILL be a qualification procedure so that everyone has a chance to qualify-whether through same weekend quali's or through other event quali's or even by qualifiying through your results and reputation----in other words, there are people watching us and they know who is what and where. wanna have a chance to ride in something like this the next time it is around? show your support for the things we are trying to do and make a name for yourself by traveling and competing...just like anyone else.

robbie, your answers are soon. i got out on my fiddy track yesterday and the knee is fine: watch out motard races, i wanna bang bars!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:10 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

robbie,

still working on the info you need...bear with me.

fmx judges will be judging the sportbike freestyle...we already have a plan in place to educate them and whatnot-they will be observing our practices and we have a specific individual for them to use as a resource...no worries there!
you're so on top of this, i hope everyone appreciates it, as silly as it sounds i got faith in you to make things happen in the future

Quick Reply: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??