View Poll Results: 12'S, GOOD OR BAD FOR THE SPORT?
GOOD
67.11%
BAD
8.22%
HAVEN'T GOTTIN IT YET
19.41%
OLD HAT'S FOR ME
5.26%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

12's, Good Or Bad For The Sport!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 11:50 PM
Triple Xtreme Moderator

BROCK XXX is an unknown quantity at this point
12's, Good Or Bad For The Sport!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
I KNOW WHAT I THINK.
I WANT TO HERE WHAT YOU ALL THINK.

LET'S GET SOME FEED BACK...
Old 02-07-2003, 12:07 AM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point
This topic is going to be good.....

I believe that 12o'clock wheelies are good and bad for the streetbike stuntriding sport. Good because these wheelies add variation to the numerous of different stunts that can be performed on a sportbike at shows and competitions. They also show how much in control of a bike we all(most of us) are.

Bad, because everyone in the sport right now is doing and/or trying them and that is about it. Last month at StuntWars, every stunter out there was doing super slow stuff, w/ the exception of Darius, and a couple other stunters pulling scary fast combo wheelies. Slow wheelies(12 oclock), kind of get a little old after watching them for about an hour or so. I think at shows and/or competitions, there should be a variety of slow wheelies and also fast paced (scary to the public) type wheelies... combos are good.

my .02 cents,
Old 02-07-2003, 12:20 AM

Chach is an unknown quantity at this point
Y would you think they are bad ??

Kind of a dumb question to me ??

Call me crazy but anything is good for the sport if its on a postive note, and 12's a def postive ... so many variations

just my .02

peace
Old 02-07-2003, 12:31 AM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
scotts right, 12's get boring. gotta bust out some crazy ****. dont ask me what, use your imagination and make it happen.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:38 AM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
dang its all sick to me.. dont know what u mean by bad? ...fast slow, whateva, all awesome stunts to watch in my eyes..
Old 02-07-2003, 12:41 AM

I did say they were bad... your right. I only said this because it seems like that is the only stunt that everyone is doing right now.

Seriously, at the last event you went to, what stunt was most everyone doing, and yes, it does get old after awhile of watching them, this is my personal opinion.

Do not get me wrong, I also believe that 12's stepped the game for everyone in the industry. I just think that everyone needs to realize that streebike stuntriding is also a spectator sport, and for this sport to make it BIG, we need people(spectators), that want to come to events to watch us all get crazy, if you know what I mean...

I hope that I am not pissing anybody off,
Old 02-07-2003, 12:42 AM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
put yourself in a spectators shoes who doesnt know the sport like we do and doesnt notice the things we do. it gets real boring. if we wanna attract more attention and more spectators, then tricks gotta evolve. my 2 cents, take it or leave it.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:43 AM

Richie,
Maybe I have a long loss brother out there, I guess we are on the same wavelength tonight, LOL.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:12 AM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
spectator?????????????

More than half do not understand what it takes to do these tricks.
don't tell me you saw something for the first time and thought you could do it. Did you try it??? Couldn't do it. NOPE.
It is understanding the difficulty what make a trick exciting.
Back to FMX. Everyone knows that you can not go out and jump 70 ft and bust out a trick. There is adrenaline just jumping 70 ft and the spectators feel it.
We as stunters don't show the adrenaline like they do in FMX.
If I bust out a 12 at a competition, what is your reaction? Who is that, OK he did a 12 that is how we react, instead of bombarding me and congratulating like they do in FMX.
When everyone realizes it is about showmanship and personal accomplishment, is when we will make it. Especially, with endos, 12 oclocks, combinations or any stunt that can not be performed by just jumping on bike and doing it.
SHOW THE EXCITMENT so the spectators feel it to.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:30 AM

se7en750gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
12'o clock

come on guys 12'o are not that eazy.it may look like that but it not.if 12'0 clock is getting wack make some new **** up.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:57 AM

Caliboyzstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
wow alot of this topics are poping up lately. Well heres my opinion, i think that the 12oclock wheelie takes, Skill, Balance, know how on a bike, style, grace and xtreme amount of brake knowledge. I dont have them on lock like most of the stunnas out there today, but i can scrape if i have 2. Now heres the downfall, it looks to easy, you can have a bar put on the back of your bike...yes the bar does save plastics and is a complament to alot of the combos involving 12. The bar makes it seem like anyone who knows first gear can pull it up and put it back on a bar. I dont think that it should be an asked question like Good or Bad, casue its easy to figure out that some like and some dont like, its just another trick in the book. Backflips, 360elevators, Saranwrap over the bars wheelies, Handstand to front flip 2 land over the bars....I mean the tricks will come and they will go....but its how you inovate that trick with your style,grace, and creativity..so what im saying is Yes i love watching 12's it takes skill....i love watching combos....it takes skill...i love ...well **** everything we do takes skill...o yea thats why we are called PROS...funny we dont act like them all the time...theres my opinion...
Old 02-07-2003, 02:02 AM

GEISTSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point
12s are tha shizzy!!! they always were on tha street and still r---as far as borin---well not namin names but sum of u out there got a little help from your pizza pan gearin!!! if u really wanna b pimp and really wanna amaze peeps do it on a stok bike--not rigged with pizza pan gears!!! its hot rite now in comps but was always hot on tha street-i think peeps need 2 lose tha gear lose tha bars and all that and work a stok bike with tha price tag on it thats gangsta pimp skillzs!
Old 02-07-2003, 02:28 AM

mattdedes is an unknown quantity at this point
12's are awesome for the sport period. it shows incredible balance and brake control. 12s are PIMPIN
Old 02-07-2003, 08:59 AM

Swayz is an unknown quantity at this point
If the question is only bad or good I would with out a doubt say good . Now if you are impling that 12vs may be bad cause everyone seems to be pulling them out now a days well hmm this can go 2 ways , compare it to the regular wheelie or the endo when we first saw them done , its the same thing! all tricks have a origin and a progress till no one does it and the stunt gets lost if forgoten . things become old fast and what is fresh to some is old hat to others .we all were amazed at seeing a stunt for the first time then the stunt progressed into a new stunt and that lead to another creation and another , now we look back at the begining again and the plain OLD endo is now boring and were once a select few were able to acomplish now many are doing and those creators either continue to create or " When your drive is done then its time to give those that coming up some run so you can see were there from , and since the product is good were going to sling it from the slums of the hills of the hood till its understood " now there is another way this question could lead , and thats the crowd , I have answers . I was a manager of a major high line car dealership here in NY now trying to find a way to earn a living by stunnin or back to the car dealership by september if I cant earn a dollar , I am here for ya all
Swayz
Old 02-07-2003, 09:38 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
GOOD

Yet, when doing shows you will obvioulsy need to have a varation of 12's to Fast speed stuff inorder to keep the spectators entertained. Nobody wants to watch the same thing over-and-over again. Right now 12's are cool for fellow riders or people that live the bike life. Now for your average spectator, they want to have their heart pounding in fear that somebody could get seriouly hurt while attempting a particular stunt. Sounds morbid, but it is the same concept as Nascar or any other extreme sport. You gain most of your crowd through the "WHAT IF" factor....

WHAT IF that happened...
WHAT IF the tire blew...
WHAT IF he fell of the tank....

You get the picture .
Old 02-07-2003, 10:32 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
i like em and i dont. ive been seeing 12's for awhile know and i can do em with 1 tooth dropped in the front,not that it matters but i also think they get old quick. the sport seems to have (slowed) down lately in my opinion due to the 12 o clock,its not all hair raising antics anymore it seems. sure they r fine to watch when your on a bike too cuz watchin your friend do one makes you wanna do a better one than he did but for shows it needs to get wild and crazy to get the spectators involved.

lata,
zannmann
Old 02-07-2003, 10:39 AM

2xtreme50 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think 12's are good and bad people that stunt realize how hard it is to do it but if ur an average person goin to a stunt show 4 the weekend cause its close to your house and you see every one there scrapin the hell out of the tail they think wow it cant be that hard everyones doin it so it dosent seem that amazing but like in mx they see mad mike pullin back flips and he and a hand full of people r the only ones doin it people go crazy. People dont realize how hard it is to control a bike at slow speed
Old 02-07-2003, 11:20 AM

Skuba Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Scott@STUNTERS
This topic is going to be good.....

I believe that 12o'clock wheelies are good and bad for the streetbike stuntriding sport. Good because these wheelies add variation to the numerous of different stunts that can be performed on a sportbike at shows and competitions. They also show how much in control of a bike we all(most of us) are.

Bad, because everyone in the sport right now is doing and/or trying them and that is about it. Last month at StuntWars, every stunter out there was doing super slow stuff, w/ the exception of Darius, and a couple other stunters pulling scary fast combo wheelies. Slow wheelies(12 oclock), kind of get a little old after watching them for about an hour or so. I think at shows and/or competitions, there should be a variety of slow wheelies and also fast paced (scary to the public) type wheelies... combos are good.

my .02 cents,
word
Old 02-07-2003, 11:25 AM

Skuba Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Scott@STUNTERS
I did say they were bad... your right. I only said this because it seems like that is the only stunt that everyone is doing right now.

Seriously, at the last event you went to, what stunt was most everyone doing, and yes, it does get old after awhile of watching them, this is my personal opinion.

Do not get me wrong, I also believe that 12's stepped the game for everyone in the industry. I just think that everyone needs to realize that streebike stuntriding is also a spectator sport, and for this sport to make it BIG, we need people(spectators), that want to come to events to watch us all get crazy, if you know what I mean...

I hope that I am not pissing anybody off,
Word again.
12's are dope. I wish I could bust that ****.
Nevertheless, 5 hours of just slow **** gets old to watch. Like anything else you need variation.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:46 AM

kraker is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel that the innovation of the scrape/twelve wheelie has stepped up the level for this sport. All of the riders know how hard and how much skill it takes to pull this stunt. Therefore, in the circle of stunters community the twelve is where its at. However like others have said, when you are performing most of the spectators have no idea what is involved in the twelve. They feel that speed=danger, so that automatically increases the difficulty level. So when performing, there MUST be variation of some slow and mostly fast stuff. This is the only way to keep the spectators interested. (i.e., at stuntwarz I was in the crowd watching all you crazy mo fo's. The crowd started to talk among themselves after about the third stunter doing a twelve). The only time the crowd was really in to the twelving action was when Garms, and I'm not sure of the other from redline had to scrape before they got off the track. This got the crowd involved because they thought the two had never scraped before so they were a part of the riders new experience.

So what the hell am I trying to say by all of that? Twelves are good, but do not make them the focus of your routine because the general public are easily bored by them.They even get boring to a stunter after a while too.

In order to get this sport to become "mainstream" I feel that the stunters have to do whatever it takes to please the crowd(the people who spend their hard working money to come see you).Lets face it, If there 's public interest, no sponcers are going to knock your door down with a big check! So I feel that all the focus on twelves in the shows is not the right step for this spots future.

Thats my humble opinion.

Quick Reply: 12's, Good Or Bad For The Sport!!!