View Poll Results: 12'S, GOOD OR BAD FOR THE SPORT?
GOOD
67.11%
BAD
8.22%
HAVEN'T GOTTIN IT YET
19.41%
OLD HAT'S FOR ME
5.26%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

12's, Good Or Bad For The Sport!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 05:44 AM

gsxrballa is an unknown quantity at this point
12's....good for the sport. Street bikes are not made to be 12 o'clocked, dirt bikes are made to be jumped. The "WOW" factor is there for me when i do, or see someone 12 a street bike. Sure people aren't going 150mph when they 12 a bike...but speed isn't whats hard to me. Its technicality. My 2 cents

PeAcE
Old 02-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Triple Xtreme Moderator

BROCK XXX is an unknown quantity at this point
O.K. I AGREE WITH MOST YOU, 12'S ARE COOL AS **** AND VERY ADDICTING, BUT LETS NOT MAKE THIS THE ONLY THING THAT WE DO. TO BE A PRO IT'S NOT JUST 12'S, YOU HAVE TO BE A WELL ROUNDED RIDER, DO A LITTLE OR A LOT OF EVERYTHING. AFTER I LEARNED 12'S MY RIDING AS A HOLE GOT A LOT BETTER, SO IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT YET I WOULD SAY LEARN THAT TRICK, BUT DON'T MAKE THIS THE ONLY THING YOU DO.

EXAMPLE, WHEN I MEET MY GIRLFRIEND SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN I TOLD HER WHAT I DO. SO I SAID LETS GO AND I SHOWED HER, BUT ALL I DID WAS 12'S AND SOME DRAG COMBO'S. I PULLED UP TO HER AND SHE SAID THAT DOESN'T LOOK HARD AT ALL. THEN SHE SAID CAN YOU STAND ON THE TANK WHILE THE BIKE IS MOVING OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I LAUGHED AT HER AND SAID ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! SO I DID THAT FOR HER, THEN I SKETCHED OFF THE BACK, DID A SWITCH BACK AND ENDED IT UP WITH A LONG *** STOPPY. THAT WAS IT, FOUR TRICKS AND I WENT UP TO HER AND SAID WHAT DID YOU LIKE THE BEST, I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID (STANDING ON THE TANK AND RIDING BACKWARDS) SHE IS A NORMAL PERSON IN THE WORLD. THAT IS WHO WE HAVE TO APPEAL TO, SO I STARTED PRACTICING 2ND GEAR HIGH CHAIR PAULY'S OR STUFF LIKE THAT, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

SO PEOPLE DO 12'S AND PRACTICE THEM BUT DON'T MAKE THAT YOUR ONLY TRICK. AFTER ALL WE ARE AMERICANS SO LETS ACT LIKE IT AND GET ALL OUT OF CONTROL, THAT'S OUR STYLE **** THE EUROPEANS AND ALL THAT SLOW IN CONTROL ****. I KNOW WHAT I AM, I AM A OUT OF CONTROL MATHA *****........AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!

AND THAT'S MY TEN CENTS, CAUSE MY TWO CENTS IS FREE..

Last edited by BROCK XXX; 02-08-2003 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2003, 03:11 PM
www.purebredriders.com

DIGIDY PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
there is more than just wheelies in a street bike show

wow factor with the crowd BURNOUTS

that crazy jumpy **** that thew does and long stoppies

there is three things to wow the crowd with and they work way better than any wheelie ever will

so by the time you show them alittle of each of these catagories
and then blow your tire

i dont care what wheelie you do if you do it all together and do it good the crowd will love it and they will come see it because its the new thing and this world has way more followers than leaders

AND I BET IF GIESTAR PUT A PIZZA PIE ON HIS BIKE HE COULDNT RIDE A STEADY IN CONTROL 12
Old 02-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Hater proof

CrazyJ is a decent person
brock u took the words right out my mouth

this summer better have health insurance ......because we gonna **** it up:devil
Old 02-08-2003, 08:21 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
does it have to be slow to be a 12?

cause i got one mean 50 mph coaster in my bag!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 08:46 AM
CAT

CAT is an unknown quantity at this point
This question, "Good or Bad?" could be asked of ANY stunt.

ANY stunt done in repetion is going to get boring for anyone watching a show. I agree totally to the "What If" factor. If Steve and I got out there and only did ONE tadem stunt the entire competion it would loose that WOW FACTOR.

I can't do twelves....so to me they are awesome to watch. Even cooler when the stunter does stuff like Patrick with Point of Balance and busts out Captin America on a 12. But originallity on ANY stunt is key. Do it with your own style and it will wow any spectator.

Fans don't know when we mess up like when Kyle fell of his bike surfing and chased it down back in August....the guy from TNN filming asked him to do the trick again.....Kyle was like man that wasn't a trick I just fell off. So they don't know.....Kyle is so well known for his original stunts and the way he works the crowd....to me....that is what is key to this sport making it BIG!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Re: TEACH

Originally posted by thew1096
I'm not the one that spends all day on the school playground. Come clean and admit that teaching is just a beard covering up the truth.

shhhhh! dont tell my boss!

ps. at least my beard is still brown!
Old 02-10-2003, 02:05 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
im new to this sport so im not makin an opnion yet but i do have one thing to say.....it seems like almost everyone on here really wants this sport to get commercialized...why? I dont understand, this underground type of community is the kinda thing that will help this sport evolve better and quicker, when your stunnin cause you love not cause you just wanna get some cheese....i used to rollerblade constantly, and the rollerbladin community is just like this one is now, most people knows it there but nobody really knows how big and family like it really is...once i started to compete, got in some mags, couple vids, some sponsors, then they were tellin me how to skate, when and where and all this other ****, skatin got really ****** gay and i went back to one thing that was always fun..doin wheelies, then i found out about this community and holy **** im glad to have to opportunity to be part of it but im seein the same **** that happened in rollerbladin happenin here....sorry for such a long post, im not tryin to **** anyone off but id really like to know what you guys think about this

all im sayin is stunt to get that same feelin you got the first time you rode a dope wheelie, not for anyone/thing else.......and im not talkin about being a sell out, but letting/helpin the sport get commercialized

Jim
Old 02-10-2003, 02:48 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear ya loud in clear Merk350....I too ride for me and only me! As far as 12's go, haven't learned them yet, but when I do, it's not going to be the only thing I'm doing! Gotta have variety! Big props to all the stunters that mix it up a little bit out there!:D
Old 02-12-2003, 03:40 PM

wheelie man is an unknown quantity at this point
up here in calgary canada there are only like 4 of us that can do them and no one is trying to do them so it makes us look that much better
Old 02-12-2003, 06:18 PM

Lokes is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, after reading all that it seems to point to one conclusion.

WHO IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST TO DO A 60MPH 12'? (Just a small touch and go would suffice.)

Any big ballas in the house? Shout out. I know someone's gotta be working this angle.

-THE END-
Old 02-13-2003, 12:57 PM

poppawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point
u gotta scrape to be a stunna...
I just learned 12's and it makes u better at everything.
Also, big gears don't make it easier to scrape. If anything it's harder to be smooth. It just helps u go s l o w .
BUT you're all right.
I watch most of the videos and it's getting pretty boring these days. But "Servin it up" is the only vid I've seen in years that's had me on the edge of my seat. The reason is that Darius looks like he's gonna ball it at any time. He's so loose that the shock factor is there...
Old 02-13-2003, 01:05 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Lokes
Okay, after reading all that it seems to point to one conclusion.

WHO IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST TO DO A 60MPH 12'? (Just a small touch and go would suffice.)

Any big ballas in the house? Shout out. I know someone's gotta be working this angle.

-THE END-
High speed 12's really aren't that hard... I can throw her back there no prob at 50-60mph.. Just gotta watch out for brake fade
Old 02-13-2003, 04:35 PM

blasphemy is an unknown quantity at this point
they're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!
Old 02-13-2003, 08:15 PM
Guru

Joe Brown is an unknown quantity at this point
brock

brock maybe your just mad because you cant do slow wheelies or controll your bike your ticks are older than todd colbert
Old 02-13-2003, 08:53 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
ohh ****, somebody got busted on!! I think Jason B did the oldest apehanger at 35 but then Tim from P.O.B did one and he's 37, I said who wants to see a 30 year old do a wheelie anyways!
Old 02-13-2003, 09:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: brock

Originally posted by JOE XXX
brock maybe your just mad because you cant do slow wheelies or controll your bike your ticks are older than todd colbert
Old 02-13-2003, 09:27 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
Re: brock

........damn

In corner 1 weighing in at 175 lbs.......world record stoppie holder......Joooooooe Browwwwnnnn. And in corner number 2 weighing in at 200 lbs.........the XXX Gangsta South Florida PimP Brooooock Catriaaano.

......watch out for low blows guys!!!

......READY........FIGHT!!!

Old 02-13-2003, 09:39 PM

DSOG ED is an unknown quantity at this point
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets see them battle out during bikeweek
that would be fun
Old 02-13-2003, 10:19 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by #1 stunna
ohh ****, somebody got busted on!! I think Jason B did the oldest apehanger at 35 but then Tim from P.O.B did one and he's 37, I said who wants to see a 30 year old do a wheelie anyways!

lol

Quick Reply: 12's, Good Or Bad For The Sport!!!