View Poll Results: 12'S, GOOD OR BAD FOR THE SPORT?
GOOD
67.11%
BAD
8.22%
HAVEN'T GOTTIN IT YET
19.41%
OLD HAT'S FOR ME
5.26%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

12's, Good Or Bad For The Sport!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Triple Xtreme Moderator

BROCK XXX is an unknown quantity at this point
CHECK IT MR. JOE BROWN

Originally posted by JOE XXX
brock maybe your just mad because you cant do slow wheelies or controll your bike your ticks are older than todd colbert
ANYWAYS, JOE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE FOR MOUNTHS AND THIS IS WHAT YOU COME UP WITH!!!!!
GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD THEN GET BACK WITH ME.

I HAVEN'T DONE A 12 IN ABOUT TWO MOUNTH'S, NEVER SAID THAT I WAS THE SLOWEST AT THEM ANYWAY. I CAN DO A 12, BIG DEAL, REAL ******* EXCITING. I'D RATHER BE AT HOME SLEEPING!!! THAT'S HOW MUCH I CARE FOR THAT TRICK. WHY DON'T YOU TRY WORKING ON SOMETHING NEW FOR A CHANGE JOE. YOUR WHEELIES IS GUBAGE, THEY CAN BE FOUND IN THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF GUBAGE!!!!

I STILL LOVE YA, IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!

P.S. TRY HANGING WITH SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES YOUR SELF....
Hanging With: My Self
Old 02-13-2003, 11:35 PM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DSOG ED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JOE XXX
brock maybe your just mad because you cant do slow wheelies or controll your bike your ticks are older than todd colbert
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets see them battle out during bikeweek
that would be fun

Brocks already got the arrangements for the boxing ring at bikeweek.....

Last edited by underzen; 02-14-2003 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:48 PM

gr8whytehunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CHECK IT MR. JOE BROWN

Originally posted by BROCK XXX
ANYWAYS, JOE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE FOR MOUNTHS AND THIS IS WHAT YOU COME UP WITH!!!!!
GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD THEN GET BACK WITH ME.

I HAVEN'T DONE A 12 IN ABOUT TWO MOUNTH'S, NEVER SAID THAT I WAS THE SLOWEST AT THEM ANYWAY. I CAN DO A 12, BIG DEAL, REAL ******* EXCITING. I'D RATHER BE AT HOME SLEEPING!!! THAT'S HOW MUCH I CARE FOR THAT TRICK. WHY DON'T YOU TRY WORKING ON SOMETHING NEW FOR A CHANGE JOE. YOUR WHEELIES IS GUBAGE, THEY CAN BE FOUND IN THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF GUBAGE!!!!

I STILL LOVE YA, IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!

P.S. TRY HANGING WITH SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES YOUR SELF....
Hanging With: My Self

Gotta a question for Joe. How come you still use the Joe XXX as your screen name? I thought they booted you out months ago. Seems like someone is trying to hold on to the past.

Last edited by gr8whytehunter; 02-13-2003 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:48 PM

DSOG ED is an unknown quantity at this point
GOOD

BOTH YALL GOT MAD SKILLS
AND BROCK WE ALL KNOW IF U GET ON YOUR BIKE YOUR GOING TO BUST A 12 OUT IN LESS THEN 2 MIN AND U LOVE DOIN IT
Old 02-14-2003, 07:54 PM

lloydchristmas is an unknown quantity at this point
12's are hot but....

12's are one of the hotteset tricks around and definately the gateway to all the nasty stuff that the top dogs are doing these days....the problem is that when you are performing in front of a crowd that is 95% non-stunters to them its just another wheelie. 12's only show off your skill to those of us who already understand the level of difficulty. But I think theyre cool so keep rippin 'em!!!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Guru

Joe Brown is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL

work on something new lol you would have no ideah what ive been woorking you are too busy looking at the stars when was the last time you rode oh yeah springs=75$ OH GR8WHYTEHUNTER tyring to hold on to the past anyway who the **** are you changing my name is not at the top of my list of things to do
Old 02-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Never thought I would have to say this to a few of the best riders in the country...

Please DO NOT flame eachother here... no need to turn our site into a trashy argument place to make times and dates for fights.
If you have problems with someone, click the little PM button under thier name, email, or call. You know how to find eachother.

Thank you. Please respect this site the way many of us respect you guys.

PS.
Doesnt look good for the fans to see everyone act like this. We have 3,800 members, and about 200 of them are stunters. That means 3,600 fans are reading what you guys, the stars, have to say.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:51 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
yo Joe dont trip on Guppies!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 12:46 AM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by #1 stunna
yo Joe dont trip on Guppies!!!

Guppies

Good point shuggs!
Old 02-15-2003, 05:03 AM

-Baker- is an unknown quantity at this point
O my...

My opinion...? I think the 12's are cool, but quite BORING after seeing them over and over. Mind you I ride, but not interested in stunting for myself...I just like to film and edit it.

So consider me a spectator.

Wow factor is this example....I'll use Darius on this one, Crazy Dan and Thew1096...

Darius:
Riding a 50mph wheelie shift then into a flamigo, jump to the tank, back down shift, then right foot on left peg into swinging the left foot to hit the headlight, then back to stance and shift....ride the damn thing out!

Now he has 12's and no handers down well...watch out for this guy because he'll use that and abuse it to his liking and change it.

http://darius240z.com/videos/new/sickest%20combo.mpg
http://darius240z.com/videos/new/sac...nt%20combo.wmv

Crazy Dan:
Busting a backwards burny and a no handed stoppie using an ankle???!!!

Thew1096:
Unreal acrobats simply amazing!!!

The eupos have nothng on this..these guys made this up and this is a style they use to stun and give that wow factor.

Wow factors for me....
Control
Wicked, inovated and unique stunts
Body languge with control (Looking over, or a hand gesture)
Fast Combos are rare but exciting to watch.

I'm stunned!

Last edited by -Baker-; 02-15-2003 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:36 AM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by -Baker-
O my...

My opinion...? I think the 12's are cool, but quite BORING after seeing them over and over. Mind you I ride, but not interested in stunting for myself...I just like to film and edit it.

So consider me a spectator.

Wow factor is this example....I'll use Darius on this one, Crazy Dan and Thew1096...

Darius:
Riding a 50mph wheelie shift then into a flamigo, jump to the tank, back down shift, then right foot on left peg into swinging the left foot to hit the headlight, then back to stance and shift....ride the damn thing out!

Now he has 12's and no handers down well...watch out for this guy because he'll use that and abuse it to his liking and change it.

http://darius240z.com/videos/new/sickest%20combo.mpg
http://darius240z.com/videos/new/sac...nt%20combo.wmv

Crazy Dan:
Busting a backwards burny and a no handed stoppie using an ankle???!!!

Thew1096:
Unreal acrobats simply amazing!!!

The eupos have nothng on this..these guys made this up and this is a style they use to stun and give that wow factor.

Wow factors for me....
Control
Wicked, inovated and unique stunts
Body languge with control (Looking over, or a hand gesture)
Fast Combos are rare but exciting to watch.

I'm stunned!
nicely put. bottoms up.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:18 PM

DITTO is an unknown quantity at this point
Exact

I think Baker hit it on the money.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:02 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Exact

Originally posted by sclevela
ok one more comment from my stupid ***. Twelves - all u got for a comp bad (need variety) usin them like boy wonder did in that clip gynxx made a few months back excellent (for those who didnt see it chauncey gos from sit down 12 to ape hanger back on without stoppin to a stand up wheellie to a tank wheelie to stand on seat to flamingo...........use um like that and they flow!)
that clip has to be the smoothest and dopest ****** combo wheelies ive ever seen(period)
Old 03-24-2003, 12:18 PM

zzoebl is an unknown quantity at this point
I think 12's are very impressive, but I don't like when they're doing it with that "scarpe-bar-thing". What impresses me is the control you must have to pull a trick like that, when I see them doing it with that "scarpe-bar-thing" it seems too easy. Pluss the bikes doesn't look as good.

One of the best tricks I've seen is a 12 o'clock (in walking speed and without the "scarpe-bar-thing") and twisting it around in a very small circle. I think it was in one of the clips posted on this forum.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Regular StuntLifer

DieTrying is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree, 12s are awesome for the sport, ya, 12s don't have the "wow" factor that 100mph wheelies do, but if you follow the sport, and you see someone doing slow wheelies and 12s, its just as impressive cause you know how hard that **** really is to do.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:59 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DieTrying
i agree, 12s are awesome for the sport, ya, 12s don't have the "wow" factor that 100mph wheelies do, but if you follow the sport, and you see someone doing slow wheelies and 12s, its just as impressive cause you know how hard that **** really is to do.

Well, if your going for a stunt show and things like that, 12s wont get you any where with the spectators. Yes, I do now realize that a 12 isnt the easiest thing in the world to do, but unless your the person doing the 12, it gets really boring, really fast. Just like shugga said in a topic a while back. You ever see pics and vids from stuntshows of teams like LVX, there are TONS of people, that because of the "wow" factor. For instance, not trying to flame anyone in anyway, but at the OLX crossroads fest, when ever someone was doing 12s and other slow tricks, I really dident notice too many people watching, but like when Shuggs was out there busting some pimp *** flamingos, and todd from OLX doing some highchair wheelies, everyones eyes were glued on that one person. Hate to say it, but that is probly do to the higher probability of a crash.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:47 PM

wayfasterthanyu is an unknown quantity at this point
Twelves make it way more interesting.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:03 PM

cali-is-4u2nv is an unknown quantity at this point
it's cool to see how many replies were posted on this topic, but I don't see how anyone would think that 12's were BAD for the sport. I haven't seen a stunter do a bad trick yet, although some do look better than others. I think any good stunter should be able to do 12's because they are tough and require a lot of coordination and balance and show total control of the bike, the brake and the throttle(when not scraping). I am trying to learn them right now and i think i will be a better overall rider once i learn them. As far as pleasing the crowds, there are many spectrums. for example, NASCAR is huge. I went to a nascar race and i loved it. seeing the cars. feeling the tension. hearing the cars. but after 200 laps it gets boring too. just like 9 innings of a baseball game. so i dont think we can have the audiences attention at all times. though i do think some things capture their attention more than others. like a loud smoky burnout, or like i saw in a video i think it was redline extreme scraping through a puddle of fuel on the ground and setting it on fire. show business isn't totally synonomous with guys doing complicated tricks on their bikes. show business is getting the average joe to be interested in something and with stunting it might have to include a little drama or things that require minimal riding skills. as a rider i understand the skill required in your stunts, but your next door neighbor who never rode a bike might not. vasically yu can stunt to keep a crowd entertained or you can stunt to keep yourself entertained and i think hose are 2 different things in a small way. ok, i'll shut the F up. i really had more to write though
Old 04-08-2003, 11:25 PM

SAG_TeamXLR8sa is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

12s can be exciting if you or other people you ride with can pull different tricks, not only 12s. Personally, I can't do them, so I guess that leaves me with not much to say.

Quick Reply: 12's, Good Or Bad For The Sport!!!