FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Motor locked up while riding......

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 12:51 PM

RYANCRF50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Motor locked up while riding......

Few days ago I was riding down a street in 3rd gear about 1/2 -3/4 throttle and the motor started to bog, then the rear tire locked up and the motor died. I waited a few minutes, kicked it over, it fired right up, and alittle smoke came out of the case vent. Any ideas? It was in the high 90's, I wonder if it just overheated? It has plenty of oil in it. And a full tank of gas.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:04 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

fab5fiddy is a decent person
Re: Motor locked up while riding......

wow thats a new one. sorry about your luck man. ive seen motors run completely out of oil and start right back up.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:29 PM

rcracer#15 is an unknown quantity at this point

check your clutch
Old 06-21-2004, 04:38 PM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my freind were dragging a xr100 and a xr75 and the 75 started bogging on my freind, he pulled in the clutch and it died. We talked for a minuet and it started right up first kick. It was prolly 75°. So Id say you just overheated
Old 06-24-2004, 08:21 PM

RYANCRF50 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like it was my clutch! Its toast! I ordered a new one.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah i was cruising at like 105mph on the freeway the other day in about 110 f yesterday and my bike started bogging out to like crazy like the coils got disconnected and wasn't fireing. so i get off the freeway bike tottaly died when i pulled in the clutch but yeah. so i get off the freeway and pull my seat off and noticed my battery was tilted, so i straight'n it out and try turning over the bike n no0thing.. so i wait a couple minutes and try turning it over again and it started back up fine, i noticed a few days ago i pulled my battery out while my bike was running and i rev'd it and it sounded like choke was one and the coils weren't getting enough power to fire all the gas, it felt basicly the same thing on the freeway, so maybe since my battery was tilted that the fluids in they're were not making contact to the terminals? i wonder if this means my battery is almost done for
Old 06-25-2004, 10:04 PM
M50M OG

Sonicjay is a decent person

Originally Posted by MasterShake
yeah i was cruising at like 105mph on the freeway the other day in about 110 f yesterday and my bike started bogging out to like crazy like the coils got disconnected and wasn't fireing. so i get off the freeway bike tottaly died when i pulled in the clutch but yeah. so i get off the freeway and pull my seat off and noticed my battery was tilted, so i straight'n it out and try turning over the bike n no0thing.. so i wait a couple minutes and try turning it over again and it started back up fine, i noticed a few days ago i pulled my battery out while my bike was running and i rev'd it and it sounded like choke was one and the coils weren't getting enough power to fire all the gas, it felt basicly the same thing on the freeway, so maybe since my battery was tilted that the fluids in they're were not making contact to the terminals? i wonder if this means my battery is almost done for
You realize you're in the fiddy forum, right? And BTW, "Registered Sex Offender" is not funny
Old 06-26-2004, 01:59 PM

HurricaneF2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sonicjay
You realize you're in the fiddy forum, right? And BTW, "Registered Sex Offender" is not funny

was thinkin the same thing
Old 07-05-2004, 11:55 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

i've ran my 50 hard since i've had it an no problems with the clutch. if your clutch burnt up driving like that then you haven't been adjusting it properly.

i find the stock clutch to be pretty durable if properly adjusted.