FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Stock/Mod xr50

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 PM

troexc77 is a decent person
Question Stock/Mod xr50

Alright, so it seems you guys know a lot about this stuff and I could use some help. I've been trying to set my 50 up so that it is as fast a as I can make within the stock/mod class. (Yes I have gone through a bunch of forums but they all seem to be about replacing parts that I can't for this class)

One of the main questions I have is, what size jets should I run in the stock carb to get the most out of it?

Right now my xr50 stock cylinder is being bored out to 88cc, I have most of the frame and suspensions set up so I'm looking for info on performance.

Any other suggestions on things like the CDI box, sprockets, exhaust, or whatever the rules say I can modify, that you guys are will to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you time,
Tyson

Listed below are the class rules.

MM10 Stock/Mod-
XR/CRF50, TT-R50, DRZ 70, Pitster XJR 90 SS and BRAAAP 88cc Motorcycles Only. – Must be 18 years of age or older as of race date. The following items must remain “Bone Stock”: Engine cases, Engine head and cylinder (No AFTERMARKET aluminum heads allowed, no cylinder spacers allowed), carburetor (re-jetting is allowed. Choke must remain on carb), carburetor manifold, engine appearance (do not paint or coat cases), frame, swingarm, forks, wheels hubs (10” only front and rear), brakes, fuel tank. (Stock cylinder can be bored/ ONLY stock cylinders allowed!)

Bikes can be modified by changing or adding the following parts: Upper triple clamps, handlebars, grips, brake cable, throttle cable, kill-switch, throttle assembly, sprockets, graphics, tires, piston, rings, exhaust system, clutch springs and plates (clutch must remain fully automatic, NO manual clutches allowed), dual action clutch allowed, however clutch lever must be removed, CDI box, air filter, fork springs, rear shock, chain, sprockets, foot pegs/mounts, skid plates, rims and spokes, shifter and brake lever, seat covers and foam, plastic (i.e.: fenders, shrouds, number plates can be replaced in color only- must have white backgrounds).
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 AM

DJFireUSA is a decent person
Re: Stock/Mod xr50

2 down in back and 1 up in front for better top end speed (sprockets)

I run the tak 88 setup and also have to abide by stock rules. Your jetting will vary on a few items but I am running an 85.

Keep in mind if you are racing that you want the best braking possible to push the limits of late braking. Many over-look this detail and I end up blowing by them within the last 10 feet to the turn.

unsure of who has what parts available on this site but 50 stunt is a decent supplier of fiddy parts

best way to get her fast... go on a diet!