Bike Exporting

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 09:37 PM

larriken is an unknown quantity at this point
Bike Exporting

Hi guys, hoping somebody might be able to give me some advice or information.

I'm from New Zealand and I will be visiting in the States next month. What I want to do is send back to NZ six or so bikes (cheaper in the US than here). What I'm after is anyone that is involved or has a contact in shipping/freight forwarding. I will be in LA, and possibly in Houston. Not sure where the bikes will come from so info on both California and Texas would be a wicked help!

Also, yep, I'm not finished yet, where are good places to find clean, late model, tidy bikes at good prices in either place. In particular, if anyone could point me in the direction of motorcycle auctions, classifieds, etc, that would help me out.

Thanks for your help, just send me a pm or post a reply if you can help.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2004, 09:46 PM

GMB-FTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bike Exporting

Originally Posted by larriken
Hi guys, hoping somebody might be able to give me some advice or information.

I'm from New Zealand and I will be visiting in the States next month. What I want to do is send back to NZ six or so bikes (cheaper in the US than here). What I'm after is anyone that is involved or has a contact in shipping/freight forwarding. I will be in LA, and possibly in Houston. Not sure where the bikes will come from so info on both California and Texas would be a wicked help!

Also, yep, I'm not finished yet, where are good places to find clean, late model, tidy bikes at good prices in either place. In particular, if anyone could point me in the direction of motorcycle auctions, classifieds, etc, that would help me out.

Thanks for your help, just send me a pm or post a reply if you can help.

Cheers
Hey ya larriken, I imported a bike to Aus from CA as a personal import. Cycle Trader mags etc. is prob the best source for secondhand bikes across USA. U should also maybe try and find a wholesaler/buyer to get the best price you can. But most important is to check out the NZ importing requirements and make sure you have your paper work in order, otherwise you can get stuck with the bikes not being able to clear customs in NZ and the storage fee you get charged can be horrendous....

Cheers

GMB
Old 08-23-2004, 09:53 PM

larriken is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bike Exporting

Originally Posted by GMB-FTP
Hey ya larriken, I imported a bike to Aus from CA as a personal import. Cycle Trader mags etc. is prob the best source for secondhand bikes across USA. U should also maybe try and find a wholesaler/buyer to get the best price you can. But most important is to check out the NZ importing requirements and make sure you have your paper work in order, otherwise you can get stuck with the bikes not being able to clear customs in NZ and the storage fee you get charged can be horrendous....

Cheers

GMB
****, you don't muck around do ya! I just posted that! Yeah, you're dead right, I've been working on the paper work as we speak. I have a bit of a window of opportunity, good time to buy with the exchange rate, and I'm a bit flush at the mo', sold our houses, so I thought I'd give this a go before we buy another one. Be interesting to see how it works out!