Louder exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:13 PM

yite jeep is a decent person
Louder exhaust?

Hey everyone, I have an 05 r6 with a micron exhaust(The muffler and piping, stock headers). I really like it, but I feel like it's too quiet. I took it all off and ran off the headers, but had no back pressure, but was plenty loud. Then I ran the piping with no muffler, same thing happened. So, I was wondering if theres any type of exhaust out there the is louder then what I have. Maybe some type of race exhaust or something.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:55 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Louder exhaust?

If your stunting, keep it as quiet as possible!

That micron should be more then loud enough.. Loud = bad!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:23 PM

wheelie addict is a decent person

go with the two brothers exhaust i have em on my r1
Old 06-18-2010, 08:27 PM

This is going to be a stunt bike. So why do you say keep it quiet? Is it less noise=less cops?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 PM

hondaruss is a decent person

Originally Posted by yite jeep
This is going to be a stunt bike. So why do you say keep it quiet? Is it less noise=less cops?
exactly.. stealth mode!! if your drawing no attention to your self then no one will call the cops!! loud exhaust just says "hey look at me im doing stunts on my bike in a lot that i prolly dont have permission in!"
Old 06-18-2010, 09:31 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hondaruss
exactly.. stealth mode!! if your drawing no attention to your self then no one will call the cops!! loud exhaust just says "hey look at me im doing stunts on my bike in a lot that i prolly dont have permission in!"
+1

A completely silent bike (like newer bikes with people running STOCK pipes) you could stunt anywhere anytime.. You literally can't hear new bikes from like 100 foot away

Not to mention, not just cops, but property owners, or general public driving by. If they hear it, and it bothers them, they will call cops or have you kicked out.. If it's completely silent, they wont care near as much

most important things at the parking lot are not being loud, not doing burnouts everywhere, and picking up all your trash! Leave your stunt spot as you arrived. Hell, if the spot is dirty, make an effort to clean up some of the trash, that way the property owners see the place clean and not dirty!

I HATE when people throw trash on the ground at my spot.. Pisses me off bad!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:25 PM

BAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Towlieee
+1

A completely silent bike (like newer bikes with people running STOCK pipes) you could stunt anywhere anytime.. You literally can't hear new bikes from like 100 foot away

Not to mention, not just cops, but property owners, or general public driving by. If they hear it, and it bothers them, they will call cops or have you kicked out.. If it's completely silent, they wont care near as much

most important things at the parking lot are not being loud, not doing burnouts everywhere, and picking up all your trash! Leave your stunt spot as you arrived. Hell, if the spot is dirty, make an effort to clean up some of the trash, that way the property owners see the place clean and not dirty!

I HATE when people throw trash on the ground at my spot.. Pisses me off bad!
+10000 from you friendly nieghborhood stunter
Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

ya be quiet bish!!!hahahah i want mine even quieter...
Old 06-18-2010, 11:23 PM

Topek is a decent person

Plus stock has more low end power right??? Cause more back pressure???
Old 06-18-2010, 11:48 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

ya you need a certain amount but too much will also hinder performance
Old 06-19-2010, 12:21 AM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

granted wat everyone said is true, i still run a shorty. i just cut the stock pipe down, and its plenty loud.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

Ya two brothers is going to be pretty loud for sure, bill d has fmf apex on his bike and it is ridiculously loud, I put a 08 r6 exhaust onto a lot of older r6's and for how cheap you can get one for it sounds pretty good and is outa the way. Super easy to do.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by swampy
granted wat everyone said is true, i still run a shorty. i just cut the stock pipe down, and its plenty loud.
on my old pipe I welded a couple of plates inside of it to increase back pressure slightly, and quiet it down a bit

Just got a new high mount exhaust though, gonna leave it as long as possible, I'm hoping it'll gain me some torque since the mid pipe is gonna be a lot longer
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM

Hmmm. These are all good points. I think im gonna keep the micron (high mount) for now. Now I was lookin at it and now im wondering, if I get a 12 o'clock bar, is it gonna stick out far enough for me to 12o'clock wheelies on, or is it gonna hit?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:51 PM
C.E.O. of AJTellin's Mom.

BillDoe has a spectacular aura aboutBillDoe has a spectacular aura about

I've got a FMF header and q4 on mine and even with the spark arrestor in its waaaay to loud for the lots where I live now. So if i'm gonna hit the lots I'll fo sho throw the stock system back on to keep the natives happy.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

12 it and find out...lol
Old 06-22-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by beardo
12 it and find out...lol
LOL, I guess so.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:04 AM

2WLJNKY is a decent person

Here in NB, there is proposed legislation that will allow the constabulary to enforce a noise law. Motor vehicles that exceed 96 decibels, will face a possible $225 fine. I say...keep it on the low.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:26 AM

arpianna11 is a decent person

I think im gonna keep the micron (high mount) for now. Now I was lookin at it and now im wondering, if I get a 12 o'clock bar, is it gonna stick out far enough for me to 12o'clock wheelies on, or is it gonna hit.....................
Old 06-23-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by arpianna11
I think im gonna keep the micron (high mount) for now. Now I was lookin at it and now im wondering, if I get a 12 o'clock bar, is it gonna stick out far enough for me to 12o'clock wheelies on, or is it gonna hit.....................

Quick Reply: Louder exhaust?