Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   General Sportbike Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion)
-   -   Louder exhaust? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion/279711-louder-exhaust.html)

yite jeep 06-18-2010 06:13 PM

Louder exhaust?

Hey everyone, I have an 05 r6 with a micron exhaust(The muffler and piping, stock headers). I really like it, but I feel like it's too quiet. I took it all off and ran off the headers, but had no back pressure, but was plenty loud. Then I ran the piping with no muffler, same thing happened. So, I was wondering if theres any type of exhaust out there the is louder then what I have. Maybe some type of race exhaust or something.

Towlieee 06-18-2010 06:55 PM

Re: Louder exhaust?

If your stunting, keep it as quiet as possible!

That micron should be more then loud enough.. Loud = bad!

wheelie addict 06-18-2010 07:23 PM

go with the two brothers exhaust i have em on my r1

yite jeep 06-18-2010 08:27 PM

This is going to be a stunt bike. So why do you say keep it quiet? Is it less noise=less cops?

hondaruss 06-18-2010 08:58 PM

[quote=yite jeep;4342092]This is going to be a stunt bike. So why do you say keep it quiet? Is it less noise=less cops?[/quote]

exactly.. stealth mode!! if your drawing no attention to your self then no one will call the cops!! loud exhaust just says "hey look at me im doing stunts on my bike in a lot that i prolly dont have permission in!"

Towlieee 06-18-2010 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=hondaruss;4342101]exactly.. stealth mode!! if your drawing no attention to your self then no one will call the cops!! loud exhaust just says "hey look at me im doing stunts on my bike in a lot that i prolly dont have permission in!"[/QUOTE]

+1

A completely silent bike (like newer bikes with people running STOCK pipes) you could stunt anywhere anytime.. You literally can't hear new bikes from like 100 foot away

Not to mention, not just cops, but property owners, or general public driving by. If they hear it, and it bothers them, they will call cops or have you kicked out.. If it's completely silent, they wont care near as much

most important things at the parking lot are not being loud, not doing burnouts everywhere, and picking up all your trash! Leave your stunt spot as you arrived. Hell, if the spot is dirty, make an effort to clean up some of the trash, that way the property owners see the place clean and not dirty!

I HATE when people throw trash on the ground at my spot.. Pisses me off bad!

BAKER01 06-18-2010 10:25 PM

[quote=Towlieee;4342107]+1

A completely silent bike (like newer bikes with people running STOCK pipes) you could stunt anywhere anytime.. You literally can't hear new bikes from like 100 foot away

Not to mention, not just cops, but property owners, or general public driving by. If they hear it, and it bothers them, they will call cops or have you kicked out.. If it's completely silent, they wont care near as much

most important things at the parking lot are not being loud, not doing burnouts everywhere, and picking up all your trash! Leave your stunt spot as you arrived. Hell, if the spot is dirty, make an effort to clean up some of the trash, that way the property owners see the place clean and not dirty!

I HATE when people throw trash on the ground at my spot.. Pisses me off bad![/quote]

+10000 from you friendly nieghborhood stunter :LOL

beardo 06-18-2010 11:12 PM

ya be quiet bish!!!hahahah i want mine even quieter...

Topek 06-18-2010 11:23 PM

Plus stock has more low end power right??? Cause more back pressure???

beardo 06-18-2010 11:48 PM

ya you need a certain amount but too much will also hinder performance

swampy 06-19-2010 12:21 AM

granted wat everyone said is true, i still run a shorty. i just cut the stock pipe down, and its plenty loud.

NAARDEN INC 06-19-2010 01:56 PM

Ya two brothers is going to be pretty loud for sure, bill d has fmf apex on his bike and it is ridiculously loud, I put a 08 r6 exhaust onto a lot of older r6's and for how cheap you can get one for it sounds pretty good and is outa the way. Super easy to do.

Towlieee 06-19-2010 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=swampy;4342153]granted wat everyone said is true, i still run a shorty. i just cut the stock pipe down, and its plenty loud.[/QUOTE]

on my old pipe I welded a couple of plates inside of it to increase back pressure slightly, and quiet it down a bit

Just got a new high mount exhaust though, gonna leave it as long as possible, I'm hoping it'll gain me some torque since the mid pipe is gonna be a lot longer :shruggs

yite jeep 06-21-2010 10:43 PM

Hmmm. These are all good points. I think im gonna keep the micron (high mount) for now. Now I was lookin at it and now im wondering, if I get a 12 o'clock bar, is it gonna stick out far enough for me to 12o'clock wheelies on, or is it gonna hit?

BillDoe 06-21-2010 11:51 PM

I've got a FMF header and q4 on mine and even with the spark arrestor in its waaaay to loud for the lots where I live now. So if i'm gonna hit the lots I'll fo sho throw the stock system back on to keep the natives happy.

beardo 06-22-2010 12:19 AM

12 it and find out...lol

yite jeep 06-22-2010 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=beardo;4343411]12 it and find out...lol[/QUOTE]

LOL, I guess so.:LOL:yeah

2WLJNKY 06-23-2010 07:04 AM

Here in NB, there is proposed legislation that will allow the constabulary to enforce a noise law. Motor vehicles that exceed 96 decibels, will face a possible $225 fine. I say...keep it on the low.

arpianna11 06-23-2010 07:26 AM

I think im gonna keep the micron (high mount) for now. Now I was lookin at it and now im wondering, if I get a 12 o'clock bar, is it gonna stick out far enough for me to 12o'clock wheelies on, or is it gonna hit.....................

Towlieee 06-23-2010 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=arpianna11;4344133]I think im gonna keep the micron (high mount) for now. Now I was lookin at it and now im wondering, if I get a 12 o'clock bar, is it gonna stick out far enough for me to 12o'clock wheelies on, or is it gonna hit.....................

gonna have to chop it down like any exhaust :cheers