Sick Innovation
39.25%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Best Cage Choise

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:53 AM

Devin G 916 is a decent person
Re: Best Cage Choise

Idk, for my 03 gsxr, i was quoted 275, but i'll see how much it all is, when i order. Impaktech has the best rep IMO, but i'll see once i order and use the cage
Old 02-24-2010, 11:56 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

$275 or $300...it dont matter...impaktech cages are worth EVERY dollar id still run one if they were $350...best cage on the market HANDS DOWN
Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 PM

ninjarider636 is a decent person

Its not the price I am concerned with. It's the fealing of getting fucked. $275, $295, or even $350. Price doesnt matter, Just dont charge me 20 bucks more than everyone else.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:52 PM

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ninjarider636
Its not the price I am concerned with. It's the fealing of getting fucked. $275, $295, or even $350. Price doesnt matter, Just dont charge me 20 bucks more than everyone else.
different models are prob. diff. prices....while some models have 2 sliders,others have 1.....Son is a legit business guy and an awesome fabricator
Old 02-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Devin G 916 is a decent person

yeah, i have the 03 which has one slider, you prob have 2 bro. Its looking like all the other cages are ****, and if you care about your bike as much as i do, you want some ******* protection! The cage is my next purchase
Old 02-24-2010, 10:15 PM

A cage is my next purchase as well, I really dont want to continue getting wheelies closer to BP or stoppies higher up without one.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM

Arslinger is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
no youre still on bibleblock lol i wasnt logged in when i came in here so i saw your post. youve ran an atown cage? im not knockin impaktech at all they look like a very well made cage, little ugly in my opinion but still look like a good solid piece. just was wondering where you got that strong of an opinion. ps. the hand scale system isnt valid lol
i agree there ugly as ****. definetly would be my second choice aside from atown. i actually just purchased a impaktech subcage
Old 02-25-2010, 07:13 PM

Does anyone have pics of a ATown Cage on a 05-06 636 that are not hosted on myspace or photobucket? Damn government computers block those sites
Old 05-02-2010, 01:56 PM

RUFFRYDERF4IZZL is a decent person

ok what about rk armor ??? ryan's the man!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Got and installed an Impaktech cage. Rode with it for a week and took it off today. It vibrates like a Mother F#cker from 7 to 8 k rpms. I checked all my torques, and even went from the recomended 33ft lbs of torque to 45 ft lbs, and it helped but its just too much vibration to deal with daily. Damnit, it looked so good too.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:48 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Got and installed an Impaktech cage. Rode with it for a week and took it off today. It vibrates like a Mother F#cker from 7 to 8 k rpms. I checked all my torques, and even went from the recomended 33ft lbs of torque to 45 ft lbs, and it helped but its just too much vibration to deal with daily. Damnit, it looked so good too.
my 905 cage that i had back in 05 did that till i dropped it one good time then it went away.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
my 905 cage that i had back in 05 did that till i dropped it one good time then it went away.
Nice so i just need to crash once and it should be good
Old 05-05-2010, 04:17 PM

you installed it incorrectly...ive ran 5 or more diff. IMPAKTECH cages on diff. bikes and NEVER had a problem
Old 05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

i got a freestyle on my f4i right now, it just looks like a piece of trash and i think i would rather ride with a stuntaid, cereally lol.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:30 PM

maverickxp is a decent person

every cage serves a different purpose. for my nice 1000rr and my r1's i run fi cages. they hold up to small impacts and low sides, and with the new design you dont lose cornering. i hit pegs on my 1000rr with the fi cage. on my stunt 1000rr it came with a powers cage. its big its bulky it hits my plastics and breaks my shins plus i scrape it on hard corners. but it takes a serious drop and has no issues and doesnt roll over. 905 was the one that started it all. they are big beefy run into a semi and still hold up cages, you wont break one but like i said its big. i run it on my 900rr and its great drop it from 12 pick it up and keep going. i run a sick cage on my 636 but it tends to roll but i can corner no prob and its taken a few good slams, only prob i noticed was it bent the lower cross support when it fell out of 12. i havent ridden with an atown but i hear they are the ****. i want one for my 1000rr but i dont think he makes them for it. as for the other i havent tried em yet. like i said it depends on your style. a big cage requires alot of body mods. an fi cage only 2 holes and you can just run sliders when you sell it and no-one will know you had a cage on it they are clean looking but not true stunt worthy, and i think a bit overpriced. but i still run them on my nice bikes because they are the cleanest looking on a ff bike

Last edited by maverickxp; 05-06-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:42 PM

maverickxp is a decent person

Name:  honda.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  42.3 KB
fi cage

powers cage
Name:  yama.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  46.1 KB
fi cage on r1
Name:  905cage.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  58.0 KB
905 cage
Old 05-11-2010, 01:41 PM

gsxrstunter402 can only hope to improve

tygershark all the way thats all ill ever run......they are a little heavy they are $330 shipped to your door lifetime warranty tygersharkcages.com
Old 05-11-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
i got a freestyle on my f4i right now, it just looks like a piece of trash and i think i would rather ride with a stuntaid, cereally lol.
f4i???? you downgraded?? cereal??? why would you go back to a turdskillet like that??
Old 05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
"I'm Neeew"

lgl172 is a decent person

All I gotta say is so far I'm loving my Impaktech double slider KK style cage for my 06" 636. I wanted something that would take more abuse than the Sick or Atown's would. With the double sliders it has more of an area for the impact of the crash to be displayed rather than all that weight being forced into one small area that can cause those weak spots to break. Its a really nice sleek look and design.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:13 PM

The R6 Stunnas is a decent person

Do you guys think building my own cage is worth it, ive got the skill and the tools and materials but is it worth saving a couple bucks?

Quick Reply: Best Cage Choise