Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   General Sportbike Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion)
-   -   Best Cage Choise (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion/265514-best-cage-choise.html)

Chris*Stunner 10-02-2009 04:22 PM

Best Cage Choise

What do you guys think is the best cage out there...:yeah:LOL

sdfkillz 10-02-2009 04:26 PM

Re: Best Cage Choise

Atown customs if you buy anything else youre just fucking yourself.

my order of preference
atown
impakteck
SI
TS
FI
and powers shouldnt even be on that list

Chris*Stunner 10-02-2009 04:28 PM

lol... whats a link to atown customs cages? lol what to check them out

Austin913 10-02-2009 04:29 PM

just curious... what is wrong with Powers? I ran their race railz on the 636 for a while and they seemed OK. my f4i had a powers cage on it when I bought it. I've been beatin the ever loving shit out of my bike for 3 months now and it's taken plenty of abuse just fine.

sdfkillz 10-02-2009 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=team909of305;4147964]lol... whats a link to atown customs cages? lol what to check them out[/QUOTE]
myspace.com/atowncustoms
[QUOTE=Austin913;4147966]just curious... what is wrong with Powers? I ran their race railz on the 636 for a while and they seemed OK. my f4i had a powers cage on it when I bought it. I've been beatin the ever loving shit out of my bike for 3 months now and it's taken plenty of abuse just fine.[/QUOTE]

whats right with powers? theyre too bulky, they have clearance issues with drifting. they mount underneath the plastics so they can/will bottom out when dropping wheelies hard. they mount flush to the weak part of the frame so they can dent and brake frames especially ive seen on gsxr's and 600rr's. theyre ugly. and on top of all that powers as a company is a huge piece of shit. matt powers and his wife are douchebags and will threaten to sue you after they fail to send you the cage and you complain about it....etc etc. some ppl will have good luck with any cage, i had good luck with my 905 cage back in the day but fact remains its an inferior cage to what else is out there.

SUPERDAVE 10-02-2009 04:45 PM

Bent 905, broke fi, love si, tygershark is awsome but really heavy. Soooo ill say si, most def with the delron sliders

Chris*Stunner 10-02-2009 04:49 PM

agree about the 905 being heavy ... i have it on my 600rr and is fucking madd heavy.... thinking of switching to S.I

slidewayz89 10-02-2009 04:59 PM

if you get anything but an a-town customs cage then you are plain dumb i will never own another bike that doesnt have an a-town on it

Austin913 10-02-2009 05:02 PM

[quote=sdfkillz;4147975]
whats right with powers? theyre too bulky, they have clearance issues with drifting. they mount underneath the plastics so they can/will bottom out when dropping wheelies hard. they mount flush to the weak part of the frame so they can dent and brake frames especially ive seen on gsxr's and 600rr's. theyre ugly. and on top of all that powers as a company is a huge piece of shit. matt powers and his wife are douchebags and will threaten to sue you after they fail to send you the cage and you complain about it....etc etc. some ppl will have good luck with any cage, i had good luck with my 905 cage back in the day but fact remains its an inferior cage to what else is out there.[/quote]

gotcha. so if I decide to run fairings I need to start shopping. :banghead

Chris*Stunner 10-02-2009 05:06 PM

are you guys advertising atown? lol cause thats what it seems like... that like going to a honda dealer and asking them what yamaha is better then theres? lol

Austin913 10-02-2009 05:10 PM

[quote=team909of305;4147982]agree about the 905 being heavy ... i have it on my 600rr and is fucking madd heavy.... thinking of switching to S.I[/quote]

recently bolted one up to my 636. I like it well enough. havent ridden the bike with it on yet though. is it a bitch to run FF on a 636 with an SI cage?

also... who makes a strong upper stay and/or any other beefy parts to run FF?

Chris*Stunner 10-02-2009 05:25 PM

wouldnt know about running FF .. my bikes a streetfighter 600rr... lmao

sdfkillz 10-02-2009 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=team909of305;4147997]are you guys advertising atown? lol cause thats what it seems like... that like going to a honda dealer and asking them what yamaha is better then theres? lol[/QUOTE]

advertising? no, i dont work for atown but i did get one of his cages and then my bike got hit by another bike at 40mph and the only thing that got broke was a 3 inch piece of plastic on my upper after being sent down the street tanlged with another bike i think thats pretty fucking amazing. i support legit products and atown is the best cage ive ever run. im not mad a SI i like them too but atown is way easier to take off and put on as well as comes with sliders and is a stronger cage than SI. tygershark are also well made cages but for 375 dollars shipped id much rather pay the 250ish for the atown thats just as strong if not stronger.

sdfkillz 10-02-2009 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=Austin913;4148000]recently bolted one up to my 636. I like it well enough. havent ridden the bike with it on yet though. is it a bitch to run FF on a 636 with an SI cage?

also... who makes a strong upper stay and/or any other beefy parts to run FF?[/QUOTE]

you shouldnt have a proble running ff with any cage.... ive only ever had ff bikes and no issues with any cage. umm if you can get a johnnp stay those are the best on the market but pricey as shit. c4 revolotions makes a decent stay...the 905 stays that ive seen look like shit.

Austin913 10-02-2009 05:34 PM

[quote=sdfkillz;4148008]you shouldnt have a proble running ff with any cage.... ive only ever had ff bikes and no issues with any cage. umm if you can get a johnnp stay those are the best on the market but pricey as shit. c4 revolotions makes a decent stay...the 905 stays that ive seen look like shit.[/quote]

:yeahright on. thanks for the info mang. :cheers

*Tanus* 10-02-2009 09:04 PM

either a-town and impaktek Id say

whatever happened to mxd? thats what #2 has and its taken a beating, but it is bulky as hell though.

MoHawk 10-02-2009 09:08 PM

[quote=sdfkillz;4148008]you shouldnt have a proble running ff with any cage.... ive only ever had ff bikes and no issues with any cage. umm if you can get a johnnp stay those are the best on the market but pricey as shit. c4 revolotions makes a decent stay...the 905 stays that ive seen look like shit.[/quote]

My 905 stay is a piece of shit. It didn't mount up like I'd hoped. It is not straight and I had to modify it to run my STOCK damper

Dick Loogie Stunts 10-02-2009 09:08 PM

[URL="http://www.myspace.com/impaktech"]www.myspace.com/impaktech[/URL] best cage on the market IMO:2cents

Scott982 10-02-2009 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=Austin913;4148000]recently bolted one up to my 636. I like it well enough. havent ridden the bike with it on yet though. is it a bitch to run FF on a 636 with an SI cage?

also... who makes a strong upper stay and/or any other beefy parts to run FF?[/QUOTE]

I put a Damage Control stay on my f4i and after some really hard drops the upper and headlight are still solid. The Johnny P stay is really nice as well but more expensive.

Chris*Stunner 10-03-2009 09:22 AM

impaktechs look alright... dont like that double slider looking shit... especially on the honda models...:cheers:shruggs:LOL