Bike Wont Start For Nothing :-(

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 AM

LiveKhaos is a decent person
Bike Wont Start For Nothing :-(

On Friday I mistakingly poured the bad gas (87) into my bike...after a while it started acting real funny and felt as though it wanted to shut off... I put fuel injector cleaner but nothing happened, it was getting dark so I let it sit till Saturday morning.

On Saturday I had come to the conclusion that I needed to drain the bad gas out of the tank, so I disconnected the tank and drained it. I left a little bit of gas so that it could turn on, then I reconnected the tank and made sure everything was the same as before. I put some lucas fuel injector cleaner and turned it on. It was idleing very weird so I shut it off and went to get the good gas (93). Poured the gas into the tank and turned the bike on.

When I turned it on it started to idle a bit funny as though it wanted to turn off again so I increased the idle by 2k and let it sit out for a while. I came out again and reved it and it felt as though the fuel injector cleaner was doing its job. I went back inside for something real quick and a couple minutes later the bike just completely shut off by itself and when I tried to turn it back on nothing happened. I tried to turn it on several times and absolutely nothing happened...

When I turn the ignition the bike does it's normal routine...but when I press the turn on button I can just tell that gas isn't going through or something...and there's also a huge smell of gasoline as if the injectors were flooded. I feel as though this is something so simple but only turned complicated for the moment...

Please help...This is my last resort...Thanks...

Last edited by LiveKhaos; 03-03-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:25 AM

PETe P is a decent person
Re: Bike Wont Start For Nothing :-(

try new plugs, old crap gas can foul them out!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Master of The Catapault!

Fuzzy Nutz is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dr.Spot
try new plugs, old crap gas can foul them out!
ditto... cheap form of diagnosis and maintenance at the same time... I've learned the hard way that bikes DO NOT like cheap gas... and cheap plugs don't tolerate it at all... make sure you get some good plugs... NGK Iridium is a very good choice...
Old 03-03-2008, 02:20 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Wait, was it BAD gas as in OOOOOLD gas?

Or bad gas, as in 87?

Because 87 isn't 'bad gas' if your motor is designed to run on 87, then 87 is the BEST!

And if all you did was put in the wrong octane, you don't need to use injkector cleaner or anything, just drain it and re-fill it

I've ran 2 year old gas in my f4i just fine lol.. good ole honda!