bike in ur truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:22 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: bike in ur truck

well, slight diff. between these two days......gonna have to find a curb to back up to in order to unload the bike or somin I guess.
One way or another it will be in there, locked down, and ready to rdie all summer long......soon as this snow goes away!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	powerstroke.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	206380   Click image for larger version

Name:	resized3.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	206381  
Old 02-29-2008, 05:11 PM

fat_sac has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I looked around for a trailer thread similar to this but couldn't find anything. Before I start a new thread I thought I'd post here and see what trailers you guys were using so I might have a little help deciding what to buy. I need something thats versatile enough to haul at least 3 bikes, some very low, and I'd like to be able to put a quad or 2 on it when the bikes aren't there.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:04 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
My 98 Ford F250 Pearl white custom big dog truck lol..Nice and big bed
Is that year that weird *** 7lug beefed up half-ton?

This is what I got..... could easily get 3 bikes in the 8' bed, and we haul 3 bikes in the trailer on a constant basis. probably could get 4.

end to end, its 51'
Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by fat_sac
I looked around for a trailer thread similar to this but couldn't find anything. Before I start a new thread I thought I'd post here and see what trailers you guys were using so I might have a little help deciding what to buy. I need something thats versatile enough to haul at least 3 bikes, some very low, and I'd like to be able to put a quad or 2 on it when the bikes aren't there.
I use a tilt bed 6' x 9' trailer that holds 2 bikes with tons of room and never has a scraping problem for lowered bikes.....could prolly get 3 on it with some effort, or if you can find a 7'x12' tilt bed I'm sure you could easily do it.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
I use a tilt bed 6' x 9' trailer that holds 2 bikes with tons of room and never has a scraping problem for lowered bikes.....could prolly get 3 on it with some effort, or if you can find a 7'x12' tilt bed I'm sure you could easily do it.
7x12 huh? I'll check em out. Thanks. Ive seen some ok stuff on CL but they're all about the same price. There's also some junk out there that some people are pretty proud of. I guess its like anything tho. Just gotta weed through the bad deals.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by fat_sac
7x12 huh? I'll check em out. Thanks. Ive seen some ok stuff on CL but they're all about the same price. There's also some junk out there that some people are pretty proud of. I guess its like anything tho. Just gotta weed through the bad deals.
I've seen 6'x12' tilt beds, but not sure you can get the extra foot wide in a tilt bed.

I got one with an expanded metal bed and it works great since **** falls good straight to the ground when you clean your bike and stuff on it.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
I've seen 6'x12' tilt beds, but not sure you can get the extra foot wide in a tilt bed.

I got one with an expanded metal bed and it works great since **** falls good straight to the ground when you clean your bike and stuff on it.
I think my dad wants us to have a wood floor tho. He's got a thing about the expended metal flexing and saggin after time.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:42 PM

vtrstunta is a decent person

no pictures of my 929 actually on it... but it works...
i had to weld together a 18"x18" piece of steel diamond plate to some square tubing to slide into the reciever hitch. unbolt the 6 bolts holding the tire stand, and use a long *** (like 110") ramp.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0128081112.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	206841  
Old 03-01-2008, 02:02 PM
M@SS MAYHEM

Sick.Nate will become famous soon enoughSick.Nate will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Suicidal Antics
Is that year that weird *** 7lug beefed up half-ton?

This is what I got..... could easily get 3 bikes in the 8' bed, and we haul 3 bikes in the trailer on a constant basis. probably could get 4.end to end, its 51'

yup! ******* 7 lug....Took me 2 weeks to find Stock rims to throw on to pass hight inspection... Went to 4 junk yards and No one had any 7 lug. Lucky Ford called me up and said they found A set in western MA..And of course the dealer charged me Way to much money for some junk rims, Funny thing about it was After they took the big tires and rims off to put A inspection sticker on, They put the big tires back on A day later for me!!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:09 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
yup! ******* 7 lug....Took me 2 weeks to find Stock rims to throw on to pass hight inspection... Went to 4 junk yards and No one had any 7 lug. Lucky Ford called me up and said they found A set in western MA..And of course the dealer charged me Way to much money for some junk rims, Funny thing about it was After they took the big tires and rims off to put A inspection sticker on, They put the big tires back on A day later for me!!

Yeah...ive NEVER liked ford.... and now i drive a 1 ton Powerstroke. I what made them go with a 7 lug.... talk about being a pain in the *****. Kinda makes me wonder if they forgot they were supposed to be builiding a 3/4ton and went "uhoh...we dont have much time left....lets take a 1/2 ton, throw some different lugs on it and call it good!"

haha sharp lookin truck though. Someday ill get a 4" and 35s on mine... Ill never offroad it, because its so damn long, but Because they are so long, the 8ft bed 4 doors just look mean sitting a little higher with some aggressive tires.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:26 PM
M@SS MAYHEM

Sick.Nate will become famous soon enoughSick.Nate will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Suicidal Antics
Yeah...ive NEVER liked ford.... and now i drive a 1 ton Powerstroke. I what made them go with a 7 lug.... talk about being a pain in the *****. Kinda makes me wonder if they forgot they were supposed to be builiding a 3/4ton and went "uhoh...we dont have much time left....lets take a 1/2 ton, throw some different lugs on it and call it good!"

haha sharp lookin truck though. Someday ill get a 4" and 35s on mine... Ill never offroad it, because its so damn long, but Because they are so long, the 8ft bed 4 doors just look mean sitting a little higher with some aggressive tires.
If you do lift it, Go with "Superlift" NOT trailmaster or sky jacker because Those 2 lift company's suck ***** for A living and make **** lift kits..

Black diamond and Superlift are the best in my book by far! Also Go with A long arm kit! Thats my biggest regret to this day about my truck, No long arm kit oh well...

By the way My truck has A 3/4 ton Axel on it and is A F250 Light duty not A F150, Although its Basically just A F150 with stiffer suspension and different axles lol but It still does the job! :YEAHClick image for larger version

Name:	23.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	206856