ronayers.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 09:21 AM

zx6rracer is an unknown quantity at this point
ronayers.com

Monday i ordered a tire from ronayers.com. Monday afternoon i got a message saying it would take 7-10 buisness days to get the tire. Tuesday i called them to see if the stupid tire had shipped yet. they said no, that they had to order the tire because they don't stock it. keep in mind, we're talking about one of the most popular tires in existence right now.... the metzler m1 sportec.

on thier website they say thier return policy specifically says that you pay a 25% restocking fee.... ONCE YOU RECIEVE IT. needless to say, i hadn't recieved it yet. they argued with me for 30 minutes, trying to get me to pay thier restocking fee, even though they hadn't even shipped it. they guy finally offered to transfer it to another customer's order.

they were very agumentative right off the bat, and very non-customer service orientated. 7-10 days to order a very popluar tire is rediculous. thier attitude was even more rediculous (sp?).
Old 04-24-2003, 11:11 AM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Strange...I have never heard of a complaint about them.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:43 AM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
ron ayers is a bunch of ******** and they are very stunt haters,chip will talk **** about you all day if your a stunter or wheelie etc...he also said anyone riding a liter bike has ***** envy..the guy is one of the biggest pieces of **** ive ever talked to.id rather pay more from someone else then to order from that ****in bitch
Old 04-24-2003, 11:07 PM

wow, so i take it you live close to him? mind beating his *** in my name?
Old 04-24-2003, 11:19 PM

MI Xtremes Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
zx6rracer, put a forum on "non-supporting businesses".

Then everyone that goes there will know how you feel!
Old 04-25-2003, 09:50 AM

Originally posted by zx6rracer
wow, so i take it you live close to him? mind beating his *** in my name?
no i dont live near him,on gixxer.com he always talked **** to me or any stunter for anything they do,lost my business for sure,seems like he dicked you over i take it?
Old 04-25-2003, 04:45 PM
T^2

T^2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ronayers.com

Monday i ordered a tire from ronayers.com. Monday afternoon i got a message saying it would take 7-10 buisness days to get the tire. Tuesday i called them to see if the stupid tire had shipped yet. they said no, that they had to order the tire because they don't stock it. keep in mind, we're talking about one of the most popular tires in existence right now.... the metzler m1 sportec.

on thier website they say thier return policy specifically says that you pay a 25% restocking fee.... ONCE YOU RECIEVE IT. needless to say, i hadn't recieved it yet. they argued with me for 30 minutes, trying to get me to pay thier restocking fee, even though they hadn't even shipped it. they guy finally offered to transfer it to another customer's order.

they were very agumentative right off the bat, and very non-customer service orientated. 7-10 days to order a very popluar tire is rediculous. thier attitude was even more rediculous (sp?).
This guy has posted his complaint on serveral other boards. Before anybody goes running away from Ron Ayers they should read the post on those boards. The vast majority of responses that he has received disagreed with his appraisal of Ron Ayers service.

This thread is a good starting point and it has links to some of the other boards where he has posted on this issue.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1

This thread (and those threads that it links to) has quoted verbatim from Ron Ayers site the relevant polices regarding this fellows complaints. Once you read them, you have to scratch your head and wonder what legitimate complaint does this guy have...
Old 04-25-2003, 06:26 PM

my point exactly. god damn. that guy that posted that **** about sportbikes.net is an ***. he is not capable of rational/logical thought. and i still say it's chip posing as someone else.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:02 PM

Re: Re: ronayers.com

Originally posted by T^2
This guy has posted his complaint on serveral other boards. Before anybody goes running away from Ron Ayers they should read the post on those boards. The vast majority of responses that he has received disagreed with his appraisal of Ron Ayers service.

This thread is a good starting point and it has links to some of the other boards where he has posted on this issue.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1

This thread (and those threads that it links to) has quoted verbatim from Ron Ayers site the relevant polices regarding this fellows complaints. Once you read them, you have to scratch your head and wonder what legitimate complaint does this guy have...

NO MATTER WHAT RON AYERS DOES NOT SUPPORT STUNTERS AND CHIP TALKS **** ABOUT STUNTERS, PEOPLE WHO DO WHEELIES ETC...CALLING EVERYONE SQUIDS AND ALL THAT ****.WHAT I WAS SAYING WAS WHY MAKE THESE ******** RICH WHEN THEY DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT US AT ALL,ID RATHER GO TO A STORE THAT WELCOMES ME IN AND SUPPORTS WHAT I DO ,RATHER THEN TO A PLACE WHERE THEY TALK **** ABOUT ME AND WHAT I DO WHEN I LEAVE THE STORE.JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE CHEAP PRICES WE SHOULD JUST IGNORE THAT THEY TALK **** ABOUT US SO WE CAN SAVE 10.00?NOT ME,ID RATHER BURN MY 10.00 THEN GIVE IT TO THEM
Old 04-25-2003, 07:29 PM
T^2

Re: Re: Re: ronayers.com

Originally posted by sclevela
OK QUESTION...........IN THAT THREAD THAT U POSTED THE LINK TO U STATED THAT WHAT R.AYERS WAS DOING WASS OK BECAUSE HE IS JUST PASSING ON THE RESTOCKIN CHARGE TO THE CUSTOMER WHO RETURNED THE ORDER. I HAVE ONE ISSUE WITH THAT ........IS THE CUSTOMER PAYING 25% OF THE RETAIL TO RESTOCK THE ITEM OR IS THE CUSTOMER PAYING 25% OF RON AYERS PRICE FROM HIS SUPPLIER?
Gee I can't say for sure. If it's really that important to you then perhaps you should call and ask. Personally, I already know what that 25% calculates out to be for me - it's $0. That's because I don't usually have to worry about restocking fees. I don't generally cancel orders that I make (the day after) and if I need an RA number, it's because of a defect or error with the order (which almost never happens).

Here is a clue from Ron Ayers site:

We return the parts to the manufacturers, who then charge us a 25% restock fee on all parts returned. In turn we must pass those charges on to you.
It sounds to me that the 25% must be based on the cost that Ron Ayers pays to their supplier for the part, since their supplier is the one that is charging the restocking fee that is simply being passed on to you by Ron Ayers.

i ALSO HARDLY SEE A REASON Y AN ITEM THAT WAS NOT EVEN ORDERED YET (THE E-MAIL STATED THAT THE TIRES OR TIRE HADNT BEEN SHIPPED YET DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAD TO BE ORDERED) HAS A RESTOCKING FEE. r.AYERS DIDNT HAVE IT IN STOCK AND DIDNT ORDER IT YET SO WHO IS CHARGING R.AYERS THE RESTOCKING FEE.
I can't see how the posts on the other sites didn't not make things transparently clear.

I think there is no debate that this guy had in fact placed the order the day before (Monday).

I don't see where it was said that Ron Ayers had not yet ordered the tires for their supplier to fill his order. He simply said that Ron Ayers told him that the tires had not yet been shipped to him becasue Ron Ayers didn't stock them and therefore had to order them from their supplier.

Here is a reasonable inference (based on how Ron Ayers process works): Since he didn't call about his order until the next day, it is highly likely that Ron Ayers had already in fact placed the order to their supplier so that this guy's order could be filled. Here is another reasonable inference: Based on this quote - "Tuesday i called them to see if the stupid tire had shipped yet. they said no, that they had to order the tire because they don't stock it." - you might assume that what was ment by Ron Ayers is that the tires had to be ordered and that they had not physically received them yet. Since Ron Ayers didn't have them physically in their hands, then they could not have possibly shipped them to this guy yet.

r.AYERS DIDNT HAVE IT IN STOCK AND DIDNT ORDER IT YET SO WHO IS CHARGING R.AYERS THE RESTOCKING FEE
As I already stated - There is nothing to suggest (in any statements so far) that Ron Ayers had not yet already ordered the tires from the supplier. Since this guy called 24 hours later, it is most likey that the order to the supplier had indeed already been made.

I think that it's clear, based on the information provided on Ron Ayers site, that if you submit your order (online) then you are VERY VERY likely to incur a restocking fee if you should change your mind and back out. So if this is an issue for you, then you should call in advance.

AND DOES THAT MEAN THAT IF U RETURN AN ITEM THAT HE HAS IN STOCK THAT U HAVE TO PAY TO RESTOCKING FEE???????????
I don't see anything that suggest that on their site. But if it is really a concern then perhaps you should call before hand...

Last edited by T^2; 04-25-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:43 PM
T^2

my point exactly. god damn. that guy that posted that **** about sportbikes.net is an ***. he is not capable of rational/logical thought. and i still say it's chip posing as someone else.
I'm the ***? And I'm the one that is not capable of rational/logical thought?

I think what we have here is a reading comprehension problem. An perhaps a verbal comprehension problem as well...

It's a shame since reading comprehension is such a critical skill this day in age in about all endeavors one may pursue.

Last edited by T^2; 04-25-2003 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:44 PM
T^2

Oh... and by the way.... My name is not Chip.....
Old 04-26-2003, 01:05 AM

see that's your problem little bitch. you ASSume to much. i didn't call 24 hours later. i got an email from them at 5:50pm my time. i called them at 12:20 in the afternoon the following day.

stupid F-in jack-as*. it's people like you, that think that they are more intelligent than everyone else, who don't actually know all the facts, that probably don't even own a bike, who are honda driving wanna be pimps that **** me off.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:50 AM
T^2

see that's your problem little bitch. you ASSume to much. i didn't call 24 hours later. i got an email from them at 5:50pm my time. i called them at 12:20 in the afternoon the following day.
I assumed that you ordered the tires on Monday and called to query about shipment on Tuesday. During that call I assumed that you got into it with them about shipment and restocking fees. Why did I assume this? Because you said so:

i didn't call 24 hours later. i got an email from them at 5:50pm my time. i called them at 12:20 in the afternoon the following day.
Oh sorry, I forgot to use my stopwatch. Actually, since you made the order on Monday and then made the adolescent "is it here yet? is it here yet?" call on Tuesday, I figured that 24 hours was a fair rough estimate.

The email that you got late that afternoon was not doubt the perfunctory computer generated order conformation email that accompanies all online orders at Ron Ayers. It probably started out something like this...

"Thank you for your order.

This is a confirmation that your order has been processed. You should receive your order in 7-10 business days. If there are any problems please email us at customerservice@ronayersmotorsports.com or call us at 1-800.888.3084."

...and finished off with the specifics about your order (ie. reference number, items ordered etc...).

By this time it didn't matter if you called 24 hours later or 12 hours or whatever. Your call was placed on the next business day and by then it's a very good bet that Ron Ayers had already ordered your tires from their supplier. And we know what happens then don't we kiddies - change your mind - pay the restocking fees.

Oh ya, and the 7-10 day estimate shouldn't have come as any big surprise when you got the email because it's plastered all over their website for you to read before placing the order.

stupid F-in jack-as*. it's people like you, that think that they are more intelligent than everyone else, who don't actually know all the facts, that probably don't even own a bike, who are honda driving wanna be pimps that **** me off.
At least I can read.....

Oh, and I've never owned a Honda.... not that I've got anything against them....

Last edited by T^2; 04-26-2003 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:08 AM
T^2

And again.... My name isn't Chip....

Last edited by T^2; 04-26-2003 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:11 AM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
zx6r:

Chill buddy. You don't like them.. don't go insulting somoene else for disagreeing with you.

I mean..
"I disagree with your thoughts."
"Oh yeh well you're a dumb wannabe ****** piece of ****."

That's basically what you're doing.

And to add my own 2 cents to this thread without wasting a post: I had excellent luck with Ron Ayers when ordering from them.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:36 AM

this guy has insulted me on like 5 other message boards. i just choose this one to retailate towards him on.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:43 AM

oh, and btw.... the only reason i asked if it had shipped:

if it had shipped shipped, there wouldn't have been anything i could do. if it hadn't shipped i was going to cancel my order.

and about your thing with them ordering it the next buisness day:

i serious doubt that after they called the manufactorer, they slapped it on a ups truck within what... 2 hours? ron ayers opens at 10... to my best knowledge, so all they had to do was call the manufactorer and tell them nevermind. either that or just slap the tire on someone else's order.... which i suggested to them right off the bat.

so the next time you want to ASSume something, and flame someone on 4 message boards... don't. all you do is make yourself look ignorant. at no time did you have all the correct facts to make a legit ASSumption.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:29 AM

And to add my own 2 cents to this thread without wasting a post: I had excellent luck with Ron Ayers when ordering from them. [/B][/QUOTE]

DO YOU GUYS JUST SKIP OVER MY POSTS OR YOU JUST DONT CARE THAT THE PEOPLE YOUR PAYING TALK **** ABOUT YOU AND DONT LIKE YOU? I SEE THERE IS NO ARGUEMENET ABOUT CHIP HATING STUNTERS SEEMING HE IS DEFENDING ONLY HIS RESTOCKING FEE

Quick Reply: ronayers.com