Got pulled over today!!! FTP

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 09:49 AM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough
Re: Got pulled over today!!! FTP

Originally Posted by cbrman77
Come on anyone in their right mind would know that you have to have a headlight on a vehicle to drive it......Steven

right like half the stunters who rock streetfigher and rock streets with no light? come on lets think a little here!

how many times u drive during the day with ur headlights off (exempt if urs run all day like mine on chevys) but none the less at what fukking point in time r they surving their intended purpose?

she knew the risk she was taking when riding on the streets, and i just havnt got the right bulbs or time to fix her headlight yet! can u blame her for not giving a fukk and wanting to ride anyways? cops in that county are ****s, dont get me wrong ive been let go round there a few times myself but they are just like most cops POWER HUNGARY!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:32 AM

bkrgurl is an unknown quantity at this point

It's called sarcasm. I was referring to the fact that you are more likely to get off when pulled by the cops if you are female. Show some skin or cry if you are a woman and you will get off. I have friends who are/were cops. They have told me stories....... and no they never let a dude off for crying so don't be a wuss and try that......

No I am not interested in having man *****. I am interested in being let off when I have been pulled and have 3-4 blatant infractions. I only wish I could be that lucky.

She shouldn't be saying ftp, she should be saying thank god that they let me off when I was knowingly in violation of several state codes.

Come on anyone in their right mind would know that you have to have a headlight on a vehicle to drive it......

Steven

You have to have a headlight on a vehicle to drive it?

No fu(ckin ****......i never said....i just don't understand why they pulled me over I know i was in the wrong and oh well. I was saying FTP for them taking time away from my damn riding. it was sunny and nice out...not like i was riding in the dark. i was riding the speed limit....not flying past cars 100 mph doing a wheelie. i just started this thread for ***** and giggles.......no need to be a di(k!

you're a dip ****

**** out!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:47 PM

cbrman77 is an unknown quantity at this point

No need for name calling and cursing boys and girls. I was responding to the person who doesn't have a sense of humor and thought I was interested in growing man *****.

To ride legally on the road you have to have a headlight/taillight/blinkers and mirrors. That is why they have a SAFETY Inspection on vehicles before isuing a plate/registration.

Yes anyone who has more intelligence then rainman would know this. However you failed to realize in your own post that you were in fact knowingly breaking the law when you went out on your bike.

I do not make up the rules and trust me I am in agreement with you that the cops like to harass people on sportbikes.

Why you might ask.....

The person(s) who are riding on bikes without proper safety equipment (lights/horns/blinkers/brakelights/bad tires/No registration/Stolen bikes etc). To avoid getting a ticket they run when they see the blue and red lights. The next sportbike on the road that the cop sees takes the heat for the person who got away.

Then there are the riders who go out and do highway stunting, speeding in heavily congested areas and do other stupid things to bring sportbike riders under the watchful eye of the man.

While I cannot/will not pass judgement on anyone as I have done wheelies on my streetbike before(on private property though). I now no longer stunt big bikes (just 50's and dirtbikes on my own property).

My point was that riders see a nice day and want to go out even if their bike is not 100% street legal at that point. When you do this you are taking a risk of getting pulled more than just normal riding.

You knew the risks, you got pulled and luckily it was one of the cops who doesn't have a hardon for sport bike riders.

You got off, be happy it was only a few minutes of wasted riding time and not worse like bike impounded and or several hundred dollars in fines.

If you want to have a stuntbike without all the extra street junk, ride one on private property otherwise you assume the risk of getting pulled by the man.

Ah yes and about the lights on cars not being on all the time. Well my daily driver is a chevy p/up so it does have daytime running lights. My 3 bikes do have daytime running lights but my other car does not. The difference between the lights not being on and not having lights is totally different.

If you want to argue semantics we can do it all day long and it isn't going to solve a thing. Neither is name calling and cursing......

When you start getting tickets because the cop thinks your tag lights are off white instead of white, or that your plate is hard to read when it is mounted directly below your taillights exactly in the stock location, or that side mount plates are illegal on sportbikes however all harley's and custom choppers can have them then come talk to me.

Have a wonderful day and try to get the lights/mirrors fixed before riding on public roads again then your riding time wont be wasted by the cops.

Steven

:YEAH
Old 11-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

I have never once cried when getting pulled over. I don't see how/why women do that. It's stupid. Just be nice and you'll probably get out of it. I never have, but that's beside the point. I was a smart *** every time.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 PM

No need for name calling and cursing boys and girls. I was responding to the person who doesn't have a sense of humor and thought I was interested in growing man *****.

To ride legally on the road you have to have a headlight/taillight/blinkers and mirrors. That is why they have a SAFETY Inspection on vehicles before isuing a plate/registration.

Yes anyone who has more intelligence then rainman would know this. However you failed to realize in your own post that you were in fact knowingly breaking the law when you went out on your bike.

I do not make up the rules and trust me I am in agreement with you that the cops like to harass people on sportbikes.

Why you might ask.....

The person(s) who are riding on bikes without proper safety equipment (lights/horns/blinkers/brakelights/bad tires/No registration/Stolen bikes etc). To avoid getting a ticket they run when they see the blue and red lights. The next sportbike on the road that the cop sees takes the heat for the person who got away.

Then there are the riders who go out and do highway stunting, speeding in heavily congested areas and do other stupid things to bring sportbike riders under the watchful eye of the man.

While I cannot/will not pass judgement on anyone as I have done wheelies on my streetbike before(on private property though). I now no longer stunt big bikes (just 50's and dirtbikes on my own property).

My point was that riders see a nice day and want to go out even if their bike is not 100% street legal at that point. When you do this you are taking a risk of getting pulled more than just normal riding.

You knew the risks, you got pulled and luckily it was one of the cops who doesn't have a hardon for sport bike riders.

You got off, be happy it was only a few minutes of wasted riding time and not worse like bike impounded and or several hundred dollars in fines.

If you want to have a stuntbike without all the extra street junk, ride one on private property otherwise you assume the risk of getting pulled by the man.

Ah yes and about the lights on cars not being on all the time. Well my daily driver is a chevy p/up so it does have daytime running lights. My 3 bikes do have daytime running lights but my other car does not. The difference between the lights not being on and not having lights is totally different.

If you want to argue semantics we can do it all day long and it isn't going to solve a thing. Neither is name calling and cursing......

When you start getting tickets because the cop thinks your tag lights are off white instead of white, or that your plate is hard to read when it is mounted directly below your taillights exactly in the stock location, or that side mount plates are illegal on sportbikes however all harley's and custom choppers can have them then come talk to me.

Have a wonderful day and try to get the lights/mirrors fixed before riding on public roads again then your riding time wont be wasted by the cops.

Steven

:YEAH

Good to see u being nice......sorry for the blow up.....what can I say.....i am a bit(h...what girl isn't?

C ya!! :YEAH
Old 11-07-2005, 07:21 PM

<script language="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.kirupa.com/snow2.js"></script>

yay....snow
Old 11-07-2005, 07:43 PM

cbrman77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if I came off as pointing the finger at you in the second post. That wasn't the intent of my post.

I know where you are coming from, I share the same dislike and irritation with the police. I got sick of the harrassment I was getting and hired a lawyer. Anytime they give me $hit I am sicking him against em.

I am ok with getting a ticket when I am doing something wrong. If I get caught I pay the fines and move on. The thing that really gets me is when you are riding cautiously at the speed limit and they still pull you. When they have nothing else to write you a ticket for they make something up.

I have even gone as far as to write formal complaints against some of the cops here over bogus tickets.

All I can say is be careful when you go out. I don't know about where you live, but here in tampa florida from what I understand all the police agencies are watching sportbikes under a microscope. One wrong move and they are ready to throw the book at you.

GSXR-Red, you should try it, next time shed a tear when you get pulled. I have 2 sisters and both of them as well as their friends have gotten of countless tickets because of it. Although I don't know how well it will work if you are on a sportbike, they were always in cars. Try it out and let us know how it works out.

Steven
Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 PM

LadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the rough

next time shed a tear when you get pulled. I have 2 sisters and both of them as well as their friends have gotten of countless tickets because of it. Although I don't know how well it will work if you are on a sportbike, they were always in cars. Try it out and let us know how it works out.

Steven
i have yet to need to cry to get out of tickets. and no i don't show my ***** either.

saying FTP when you get out of legitimate tickets is rediculous...some guys have good reason to say ftp and i can't blame them for it, but you sound like you are trying to be cool by joining in with no real reason. yeah you got pulled over, 20 minutes of riding time was wasted...too bad, maybe you could learn to work on your own bike instead of waiting for the b/f to fix it. and yes sometimes you have to wait for parts-i waited 2 months for a stupid bearing and barley got any riding time this year, but sht happens and life isn't fair. but if you choose to go out knowing there are problems with your bike that could get you pulled over, no matter how stupid they seem, then if you get caught, it's no one's fault but your own.

i don't think you going out and riding was wrong, i would do the same thing, but i sure wouldn't have the ftp attitude even if i did get a ticket.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:58 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LadyAliKat
maybe you could learn to work on your own bike instead of waiting for the b/f to fix it.
hey

STFU
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 PM

LadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ghostsoldier3
hey

STFU
it's not like it's hard (well some of it is), i had to figure out my bike...and i think she is smart girl so what's wrong with that!!!!!! think she might not need you if she works on her own **** (j/k)
some stuff i would recommend waiting until winter to try to work on!!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by LadyAliKat
maybe you could learn to work on your own bike instead of waiting for the b/f to fix it.
FYI.....not to sound like a bit(h but.........

I work on all of it.....ha, I am actually better at it than my bf from my experience working on cars and rebuilding small motors and top ends on dirtbikes. (example: 4 small engines, 3 top end on dirtbikes, work on my derby car/truck, and lots of go carts) I just suck at figuring out how to wire up my aceribis headlight so the bf is helping me.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by bkrgurl
FYI.....not to sound like a bit(h but.........

I work on all of it.....ha, I am actually better at it than my bf from my experience working on cars and rebuilding small motors and top ends on dirtbikes. (example: 4 small engines, 3 top end on dirtbikes, work on my derby car/truck, and lots of go carts) I just suck at figuring out how to wire up my aceribis headlight so the bf is helping me.
you don't sound bit(hy at all, and yeah wiring sucks! that's freaking cool, there are a few other girls on here who do their own work as well, it's cool to see that.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:18 PM

Ha, yeah all girls should learn how to work on anything with a motor. I hate going places like getting my oil changed in my truck when i am too lazy to do it and the guys are talking to me like I am an idiot. "You see this? This is called your air filter......it is dirty. That is not good. You want us to replace it for you?" I am like um...no I will just take it out at home and blow it out with the air compressor.....but thanks!

Oh, in the above post......wasn't saying the bf doesn't know how to work on bikes....he does and he helps if I have questions. What I like about him though is he won't just jump in and fix it. He stands there and makes me do it. If it has been like hours and i can't figure it out then he helps alittle. Nice having a bf around that lets me do things for my self! =)
Old 11-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

I love working on my own bike. Especially the painting part. I did everything except the actual painting. And I didn't do that because I have no experience doing that, and didn't want to screw up my bike. But I love doing all my maintenance. Girls should know some things about their bike. What if it lets you sit somewhere? You should know at least a few things to try and do before calling the husband or b/f.

PS- What is up w/ the snow on the screen? Plus I can't use the smileys!!
Nevermind. The smiley's work now. Anyone else see the snow, though??
Old 11-12-2005, 10:36 AM

I typed in a code for the snow
Old 11-21-2005, 07:29 AM
$!x

$!x is a decent person

It's called sarcasm. I was referring to the fact that you are more likely to get off when pulled by the cops if you are female. Show some skin or cry if you are a woman and you will get off. I have friends who are/were cops. They have told me stories....... and no they never let a dude off for crying so don't be a wuss and try that......

No I am not interested in having man *****. I am interested in being let off when I have been pulled and have 3-4 blatant infractions. I only wish I could be that lucky.

She shouldn't be saying ftp, she should be saying thank god that they let me off when I was knowingly in violation of several state codes.

Come on anyone in their right mind would know that you have to have a headlight on a vehicle to drive it......

Steven
Just messin around man, dont get your panties in a twist
Old 11-26-2005, 11:17 AM

RightSideUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill say FTP........because they deserve it most of the time

This summer pulled over 3 times and got tickets all 3 for stupid B.S.

But I have wheelied on the street right by cops that didnt even care...and skitched while passing one and he didnt care. And a few other times.

Its the small town cops and troopers that suck here...the countys and cities are not too bad.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:01 AM

edgehanger is an unknown quantity at this point

FTP! ALL OF THE TIME!
The crookd sob's!
i ride wheelieson the freeway at ridiculous speeds.so what .
i paid for the bike therefore i ride it howi wanna. hell i even bought the tags , the insurance, and the license which i was forced to buy. i even payed some taxes to help build the streets and after all that they think they can tell me how to ride it too.the nerve of some people i tell ya. i put my life on the line to entertain people while they commute to and from where ever and thats the thanx i get. FTP! ALL THE TIME!
Im still pissed bout rodney king anyway.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:23 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

yea snow sucks
Old 12-21-2005, 12:27 AM
G97

G97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bkrgurl
he gave me a funny look and asked how i got my bf to let me borrow his bike.
I'll take a guess.. Blow Job?

Quick Reply: Got pulled over today!!! FTP