Just got my fiddy

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 11:37 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got my fiddy

I picked up my completely stock 00' fiddy today. Been riding for the last few hours. I can't seem to get it to come up to the bp just powering it up, i tried first and second gears, yanking on the bars while sitting on the tail with throttle. All i get like 1/2-3/4 way to the bp. How do you guys get it up with just power?

What I started to do was ride in first, shift to second and hold it up, then rev it a bit and let it down. Comes right up and I could ride them for awhile, just need to work on my side to side with the knobbies.

I want to put street tires on it, wheres the best/fastest place to get them from?

Jon
Old 06-17-2004, 01:10 AM

Houston terrell is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Just got my fiddy

heh yeah the knobbies suck... do SEVERAL burnounts to get them near bald.. i did on my 04 and now i can ride them for blocks.... i got my street tires on order here locally... pirilli something... i wouldent reccommend wheelieing shifting like that... thats how most people loop it real fast... i just kinda lean forward a little bit and lean back and crack open throttle same time... wheelies 1st second 3rd easy..... o yeah... dont forget to cover that rear brake!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:52 AM

GSXR750RYDER is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my fiddy about 2 weeks ago....I sucked at first too, but you have to keep riding it over and over and over and try different things...what I found that works best for me is sit on the back of the seat, lock out my arms and give a gentle pull and lean back...once you get tha hang of it, you can gpo forever... I have an 04' crf fiddy. Havent tried street tires because Im gonna burn the stock ones off first... MAKE SURE TO COVER THE REAR BRAKE.... It just takes a lot of time and patience and u will get it.... my buddy is 6'7" 200 and he can rock them far as **** too.....kep at it.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:36 PM

Went and rode for another hour last night. I figured out that you can just give a little lift to the shifter to bring it into neutral without actually changing gears. I can get it up in 3rd now with that method. BUT is that hard on it, i mean its a honda it will run forever, but i don't want to ruin the tranny doing that if its bad for it.

Jon
Old 06-17-2004, 03:24 PM

Houston terrell is an unknown quantity at this point

im sure it isnt any good for it...
Old 06-17-2004, 03:35 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

i just bought one too, an 02, and I already jacked up my ankle tryin to do wheelies.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:37 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

ok here is how you wheelie a 50.. dont *** with dropping the clutch. sit far back, *** near plastics. you can do this in any gear. try it in first and cover brake. you can do it from a dead stop but to learn you should be going slow in whatever gear you are in.

give it some gas, then full throttle wait about a second and lean back. dont do it fast, just lean back nice & even & it will come up evertime real smooth.

to get the timing down, just go in a straight line & punch it. you will notice the small delay and then it will pull you forward. the second it pulls forward is when you lean back. cover the rear brake!!!!!!!!

DONT TAKE YOU FEET OFF THE PEGS UNLESS YOU ARE WRECKIN!!!!!
Old 06-17-2004, 06:44 PM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

first is a waste of time unless you can kill it all day in second just pull that hoe and nail the throttle 50s are cake go for third all day for now
Old 06-17-2004, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by r6 n ****
first is a waste of time unless you can kill it all day in second just pull that hoe and nail the throttle 50s are cake go for third all day for now

yeah 1st sucks but it helps when learning the rear brake. it comes up REAL SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW and then just shoots the back tire out once you get too high. thats how i learned & i havent looped my 50 yet. i have flown over the front a bunch of times though
Old 06-17-2004, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
yeah 1st sucks but it helps when learning the rear brake. it comes up REAL SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW and then just shoots the back tire out once you get too high. thats how i learned & i havent looped my 50 yet. i have flown over the front a bunch of times though
I can do it now without the clutch. I was leaning forward and then back before. Now I push down on the bars as i lean forward to kinda preload the shocks then pull back with the throttle, comes up fine. Now I just need to learn some side to side balance.... street tires should help that.

Jon
Old 06-18-2004, 12:15 PM

FLyGuYy03 is an unknown quantity at this point

keep your feet light on the pegs, that seemed to help my problem when i first got my 50. Too much pressure to either the left or right peg, since the things so small will send it that way.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by JonnyGSXR
I can do it now without the clutch. I was leaning forward and then back before. Now I push down on the bars as i lean forward to kinda preload the shocks then pull back with the throttle, comes up fine. Now I just need to learn some side to side balance.... street tires should help that.

Jon

dont load the forks. its a waste of time. just lean back as you give it some throttle and you will feel the back tire kinda slide under you. just barely stay on the brake and keeping your feet light on the pegs is def a good idea.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:51 PM

GSXR750RYDER is an unknown quantity at this point

no reason to preload forks or "clutch" the fiddy...just lean back and gas it then let off.....just take time and patience....you can try the false neutral or "clutching" third......its pretty easy once u get the movement down....oh yeah for the hundreth time.....cover the rear brake....it will save your *** from hurting.....