Fat Tire Fiddy

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 PM

InfiniteReality is a decent person
Fat Tire Fiddy

After making a ride with the New Orleans Ruckus crew and seeing all their bikes lowered, stretch and fat tires got me thinking.... I haven't done anything to the fiddy in a while and while I don't want to jack up the stunting part, I think a wide tire could be done and useful since I"m no pro at wheelies yet. Also a bigger tire should help with straight line wheelies, plus give a better ride.... that seat isn't made for street riding with a 200lb dude, *** hurt bad!

Did a little research and came up with looks like its possible to do a Z50 rear wheels swap with only parts needed are a wheel, tire, hub, rear brake and probably sprocket...plus have to fab a spacer to align chain. $150 worth of parts in chinese/aftermarket world and can always go back to stock... Any one have any info on this? My main question is I definitely want to keep the stock sprocket ratio. I think stock CRF50 is 37 tooth while the Z50 is identical, just wondering if it'll really be the same OD?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 AM

InfiniteReality is a decent person
Re: Fat Tire Fiddy

Well I got all the parts on order with a 37t sprocket. Everything should be here by the weekend. I have a 4" street tire on the way too, but I won't know for sure it'll fit until I get it on the bike. I know a 3.5" tire will fit, just hoping I'll be able to squeeze the 4" on there. May have to get a 70 swing arm to fit it, but hopefully not.

Also getting some new levers soon that have microswitches in them for my brake lights. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will hopefully be able to swap out the lever part of them with the 50stunt ones I have so everything will feel the same and look proportional to the bike.