keep it 50?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:21 PM

Pr1c3Y is a decent person
keep it 50?

hey just wondering how many of yous kept it 49cc with stock sprokets..or did yous end changin it cheers..
Old 12-20-2009, 10:28 PM

skateparkdave is a decent person
Re: keep it 50?

I personally love stock as far as motor and gears. Just big bars, pegs, rear hand brake and street tires is all I'm working with. I'm 6', 220 lbs and stock is just fine but I'm all about slow control stuntin'.

I have another one with a 99 kit and 4 gears with real clutch and all the other BBR mods as my stock one. It's faster yes, better all around? For me hell no! I aint racing/jumping. Just wheelien' flat lots..
Old 12-21-2009, 01:19 PM

J150 is a decent person

they are fun tho the big bore kits rock but I like stock mush smoother just a nice pipe or billet end cap to open up the exuast thats all you need
Old 12-21-2009, 01:28 PM

ReSpECT is a decent person

All stock........Mods are for puzzies that cant keep it up on stock

I mean come on, who CANT wheelie a bike with a 72 tooth rear sprocket, 88cc kit and a manual clutch....=-)
Old 12-21-2009, 01:34 PM

sarNz is a decent person

my bike came with an 88 and it'll put you on your *** easy. i'm moving from the stock 37t to a 34t sprocket though, wonder if it will make a difference. (needed it for my 2nd set of wheels anyways)
Old 12-21-2009, 02:01 PM

Ryan Moore is an unknown quantity at this point

I toss the stock motors in the recycle bin, every stunt bike i build gets a stage III 88cc kit. Nothin worse than riding an underpowered bike, IMO. I like mad power in all my stunt bikes, from minis to full size. All the tight Fx riders run 108cc plus!!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Jim G

jimG is a decent person

if your a good stunt rider,u can adapt to any bike stock or built..
im kida on both sides in this one ,ive had 110s 70s 125s ,50s
i feel like its the setup of the bike that makes the difference
obviously u are gonna have a way easier time blowin donuts with a big motor,
and if u do alot of actual street riding then 50 cc wont cut it
but if your just hittin lots a nicely setup crf will be the ****
Old 12-21-2009, 05:40 PM

Ryan have u ever thought about puttin a nitrous set-up on your 50. That way u can let the *** bustings begin at the push of a button, hehe.....True any good rider can adapt to any bike. But lets face it, everything comes into play when building a stunter. The stock 50 IMO seems smoother and less choppy (obviously it has less power). I have been on my stocker for quite some time now and rest assure i am rebuilding it to an 88cc or bigger sometime early next year.....IF u are "learning" IMO its best to stay stock or near stock. Nothing more funnier than having a rookie on an over powered bike. You ever seen the kids that have never owned a bike, but decide they want to go out an buy a 1000 for their first bike. The outcome of that is almost always fatal (due to lack of experience). Imagine what a dumbass with no experience on an 88cc kit 50 could do to himself in matter of a few minutes.........Without knowledge (know-how) and control, then its pointless to have more HP....More HP just means its faster to hurt urself, LoL...=-)
Old 12-21-2009, 05:52 PM

Ryan Moore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
Ryan have u ever thought about puttin a nitrous set-up on your 50. That way u can let the *** bustings begin at the push of a button, hehe.....True any good rider can adapt to any bike. But lets face it, everything comes into play when building a stunter. The stock 50 IMO seems smoother and less choppy (obviously it has less power). I have been on my stocker for quite some time now and rest assure i am rebuilding it to an 88cc or bigger sometime early next year.....IF u are "learning" IMO its best to stay stock or near stock. Nothing more funnier than having a rookie on an over powered bike. You ever seen the kids that have never owned a bike, but decide they want to go out an buy a 1000 for their first bike. The outcome of that is almost always fatal (due to lack of experience). Imagine what a dumbass with no experience on an 88cc kit 50 could do to himself in matter of a few minutes.........Without knowledge (know-how) and control, then its pointless to have more HP....More HP just means its faster to hurt urself, LoL...=-)
LOL, shifting to second is the sketchiest thing to watch a rookie do, front wheel comes right up!! LOL. I want a turbo 50 so I can bust freeway stand ups!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:30 PM

BEHRENDS50 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan Moore
LOL, shifting to second is the sketchiest thing to watch a rookie do, front wheel comes right up!! LOL. I want a turbo 50 so I can bust freeway stand ups!!!
my bike has a stage III 88cc big bore on it and i had my dad ride it one time and he comes back and gets off and goes "that thing is a damn death trap" lol but now he rides it all the time
Old 12-21-2009, 07:48 PM

tyler50stunter is a decent person

ryan that would just be insane hahha.. and the videos sick i am happy wit the stage 1 kit. 88cc.. freinds rode it and said got lots of power...
Old 12-21-2009, 08:35 PM

I learned that lesson the hard way a long time ago. Now i've learned to drop below the BP before shifting it, LMAO. Although i will say, i have no freaking clue how the hell u do that on your 450. Every time i watch those vides i say to myse;f "Ryan makes that **** look too damn easy". Almost as if your not even thinking about it when u do it. I guess its the fact of doing something for so long, it kinda becomes 2nd nature......Almost like the brake control, LoL...=-)
Old 12-22-2009, 02:17 AM

XRshfifty is a decent person

My little 50 had lots of power. It has been looped many times by my ignorant friends. Revving 1st way high then shifting to 2nd. Done! lol. for an amateur stock would be you're best bet. learning on a snappy *** bike will take forever.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

stock motors are fun...

i put a 110 motor in mine cause it was more fun to be able to ride streets with it... 45-50mph seat standers in traffic is hilarious

i have since got a crf70 for the bigger platform and put a 110 motor in that as well
Old 12-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

I bought mine with an 88 kit and I love it. Trying to ride stock feels like poop after learning on it. And the 1st to 2nd shift has put almost all my friends on there *** if I don't warn them beforehand, but where's the fun in that? ****, it put me on mine HARD the first time I rode it, so why not everyone else!
Old 12-22-2009, 03:57 AM

lifted06 is a decent person

im planning on doin an 88 soon. does anyone have an 82? is there a big diffrence
Old 12-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Jim G

jimG is a decent person

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
stock motors are fun...

i put a 110 motor in mine cause it was more fun to be able to ride streets with it... 45-50mph seat standers in traffic is hilarious

i have since got a crf70 for the bigger platform and put a 110 motor in that as well
haha thats what im sayin!i think 110 is the perfect motor for stunting .either auto or manual dosent matter. its got enough power and gears to fly down the main road and blow combos in public
Old 12-22-2009, 01:07 PM

BEHRENDS50 is a decent person

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
stock motors are fun...

did you bore out the 50 motor? or just completely replace the engine?
Old 12-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lifted06
im planning on doin an 88 soon. does anyone have an 82? is there a big diffrence
There's a difference of about 6

Jokes aside, I've never ridden on a 82, but I've read post from some guy that have them and they've all been very positive.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:57 PM

LILFIFTY is a decent person

I do want to do the 88 kit on mine but i don't have the honda motor any more more or less i think i have a lifan motor. says 48 cm3 on the side so i'm asuming its a 48cc motor does the 88 kit work with these motors or should i be looking for a honda motor? or should i look for a whole entire upgraded motor? like a 110 or something?