what the law on headlights for stunt bike in cali

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Sanjo is a decent person
what the law on headlights for stunt bike in cali

i got a cbr 600 f4i and i have just 2 circle lights with a platic plate on the front of the handle bars and dont know if i need a different set of lights or if thats legal?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: what the law on headlights for stunt bike in cali

You need a lamp that meets FMVSS requirements to be legal like the stock one. Police really don't enforce the law because they are generally ignorant of the legal requirements so if it looks legal, it is legal in their book.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:56 PM

Sanjo is a decent person

can i send you a picture and tell me if theyll give me problems or not?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:16 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

With my experience.....if you have a decent light that works....you're good!
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
With my experience.....if you have a decent light that works....you're good!
Yup. Like I said cops don't have enough knowlege to know what is legal or illegal, but here are a few things that are just asking for trouble:
The ricer blue headlight bulbs
HID conversions (they are ALL illegal)
Mis-aimed headlights that glare on coming traffic
lights that are obviously not bright enough to be legal

I rock a Acerbis Cyclopse headlight which is ECE (european standard) approved. I switched the way it is wired with a diode so the projector is the low beam and the reflector/flood light is an add on high beam. The projector has a much sharper cut off so it doesn't glare oncoming traffic when it is properly adjusted.