Video Editing software

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 01:46 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough
Video Editing software

What are you guys using to chop up and edit your stuff.... What's the best software in your opinion? I'm using Pinnacle a little bit but I haven't really started any hard core editing projects yet.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:49 PM

NickIF is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Video Editing software

adobe premiere pro is what I use :YEAH
Old 05-08-2004, 07:48 PM

immortal1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Final Cut Pro (G5)
Old 05-08-2004, 08:17 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

vegas video 4
Old 05-09-2004, 11:54 PM

hot magma is a decent person

avid for pc
final cut pro for mac
Old 05-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

adobe pro is great, basically same as final cut just for pc..

but those are also complicated programs..

Vegas Video is the easiest one to use and learn..very easy,and you can still make a pimp *** vid....

get combustion once you get into effects and crazy ****, very difficult to learn but amazing program..

dvd architect is good for authoring, very easy to operate...

goodluck
Old 05-13-2004, 06:34 AM

oakie is an unknown quantity at this point

if people are asking what to use then combustion is out of the question for now. i'm a combustion user and for a beginner wanting to do effects get a copy of adobe after effects (learned in three days). i'm an avid user and anti-apple. final cut pro was easy to learn(couple of hours) but who wants to pay sooo much for a fancy looking computer box?
plus you can find after effects on lime wire
Old 05-13-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by oakie
if people are asking what to use then combustion is out of the question for now. i'm a combustion user and for a beginner wanting to do effects get a copy of adobe after effects (learned in three days). i'm an avid user and anti-apple. final cut pro was easy to learn(couple of hours) but who wants to pay sooo much for a fancy looking computer box?
I'm an anti-BillGates Winblows user personally.. (Mac & Unix) ONLY for me!

FU(K Gates and his 1.5 GIG worth of Slop Code, Virus Spawning, Crashing, Operating System made by 5000+ developers and hacked together by 40 guys in some sort of a assemblance of an "OS". Too many cooks in the kitchen using their worldwide customer base for quality control! That’s just my
Old 05-13-2004, 09:55 AM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, and hes bangin a supermodel too.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by XPnugget
yeah, and hes bangin a supermodel too.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by immortal1
I'm an anti-BillGates Winblows user personally.. (Mac & Unix) ONLY for me!

FU(K Gates and his 1.5 GIG worth of Slop Code, Virus Spawning, Crashing, Operating System made by 5000+ developers and hacked together by 40 guys in some sort of a assemblance of an "OS". Too many cooks in the kitchen using their worldwide customer base for quality control! That’s just my
TESTIFY my brother... I'm using an avid adrenaline right now and the only time it's not crashing is when I'm restarting it. It's on a brand new dell and it's got about a 5 second redraw any time you load a clip longer than 20 seconds and my footage is at DV25 resolution I would kill myself if this project was at 1:1. Not a very stable system very many bugs in the new avid software also.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by oakie
if your talking after effects with the 3d camera learned in 3 days you should move to NYC you'd make about $100 an hour. tons of work right now
Old 05-13-2004, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by hot magma
TESTIFY my brother... I'm using an avid adrenaline right now and the only time it's not crashing is when I'm restarting it. It's on a brand new dell and it's got about a 5 second redraw any time you load a clip longer than 20 seconds and my footage is at DV25 resolution I would kill myself if this project was at 1:1. Not a very stable system very many bugs in the new avid software also.
AMEN! PRAISE THE LORD!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:25 AM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Final Cut Pro on a Mac G5. Adobe After Effects 5.5 for all my animation BS.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:20 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by immortal1
FU(K [IMG]Gates and his 1.5 GIG worth of Slop Code, Virus Spawning, Crashing, Operating System
I dont know, but I have had xp on this PC for 2 years, and I have NEVER, I swear NEVER EVER had a system crash, only time my PC ever gets shut off is when I need to restart after an update or an install....
Old 05-13-2004, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie Boy
I dont know, but I have had xp on this PC for 2 years, and I have NEVER, I swear NEVER EVER had a system crash, only time my PC ever gets shut off is when I need to restart after an update or an install....
Have you ever done 20 layers of uncompressed video in your compostion or timeline? I'm not trying to be a wise *** just asking.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:39 PM

-Baker- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot magma
Have you ever done 20 layers of uncompressed video in your compostion or timeline? I'm not trying to be a wise *** just asking.

Yes. XP pro OS, 3200+. ati 9600XT, 1 gig ram, 600 gigs of drives. MACs are like 3.1 windows back in the 80's. The funny thing is when MAC users go shopping for software they have to go to the corner of the store to locate the item needed and then again the location of the MAC products are in an area the size of a bedroom.....lol

My family in laws run MAC's. Not haten but its funny to me about MACs and its users.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:26 PM

MACs are like 3.1 windows back in the 80's.
U'r smoke'n some good **** man, I want some of that!

Not to be like; my D1CKS bigger then yours kinda thing; but honestly bro you must not have used a G4 or one of the new G5! Being that the MAC's current OS is based on BSD UNIX makes your comment quoted, just too fu(k'n funny!

Let me give ya some real world man.. As a grad of the Art Institute, I can say that there was 95%+ MAC workstations in all my video production, commerical art and graphic design classes and this was a good number of years ago now. Visiting a couple of the local TV stations and one video production studio also confirmed that 100% of the pre & post production is solely done on MACs, period. Why this is? Well I will let you figure that one out. Maybe the industry just all got a great group rate from Steven Jobs or something? Who Knows!

As far as limited amounts of software goes, I agree with you 110%! (I should know, I've been an International Software Distributor of PC software for the last 11 years! ) The MAC ain't no HALFLIFE machine for sure!! Business & Work is what is was designed for!

I have from XP, Linux, BSDI, Windows 2000 Pro and MAC under my desk daily! You guess what gets used the majority of the time! Both PC & MAC have their good and bad points, but for VIDEO PROCESSING, MAC is the way to go. IMHO

If your machine works for you and your tasks; then don't change a thing!

Old 05-13-2004, 07:36 PM

-Baker- is an unknown quantity at this point

I like to give ya MAC users a hard time. You have a good background of computers. When somone shows me something about MACs that will impress me then I'll give some credit where credit is due.

What still gets me is why the MAC users are willing to waste money on something that you can get as good as a PC with a windows enviroment and save hella money.

I guess its like this...Corporations still buy Intel processors because they have faith in them and not willing to try something different. Also when they can save hella money and buy AMD which is better too. Thanks for the debate.

"You can steer a horse towards the water hole but you can't make him drink" Sounds like MAC users.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:38 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -Baker-
Yes. XP pro OS, 3200+. ati 9600XT, 1 gig ram, 600 gigs of drives. MACs are like 3.1 windows back in the 80's. The funny thing is when MAC users go shopping for software they have to go to the corner of the store to locate the item needed and then again the location of the MAC products are in an area the size of a bedroom.....lol

My family in laws run MAC's. Not haten but its funny to me about MACs and its users.
The ram is definately where its at man. thats sick. I need more.. i got a dell, 2.6ghz, 512 gigs of ram, Geforce3 TI500. with an ilegal weird copy of adobe and it gets a little screwy... Maybe I should get a real solid copy. Everything works, but who knows.

~J

Quick Reply: Video Editing software