SS circles, need some help for trying variations

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:34 PM

-Loco- is a decent person
SS circles, need some help for trying variations

yo what up guys , i'm getting a lot bette on SS O's but now i wanna try some variations like going from SS to foot in the seathole or ralph louie or something... but it seems like my O's arent wide enough and they go to fast to start combo's with... i learned them like this but having problems getting them a little wider... how do i go about this or should i just try to combo those tight ones??

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rBLf4BLWYug...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rBLf4BLWYug&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-03-2009, 03:41 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person
Re: SS circles, need some help for trying variations

holly high idle bat man! keep them tight. it looks better!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
holly high idle bat man! keep them tight. it looks better!

lol, my idle is set at 2500 and still pulls like a tractor, haha
yeah it maybe looks better when there tight but when i try to step to something it looks like its going to fast and i loose the bike so i was thinking a little less tight makes it easyer to move around?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Lookin good, Kristoff! Those are tight and fast....NICE!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:15 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

if you want to do them a little wider and slower put your body weight to the inside in a sense pushing the bike up straighter. if you lean outside and push the bike inside you will do fast tight circs. lean in an push bike out slow wider circs. also keeping your body away from the bike (stretching your arms out) a bit will slow down the momentum too. think of it like a figure skater doing spins, they keep their arms out while spinning regular speed and then when they want to whip it they pull their arms in.

Last edited by sdfkillz; 04-03-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
if you want to do them a little wider and slower put your body weight to the inside in a sense pushing the bike up straighter. if you lean outside and push the bike inside you will do fast tight circs. lean in an push bike out slow wider circs. also keeping your body away from the bike (stretching your arms out) a bit will slow down the momentum too. think of it like a figure skater doing spins, they keep their arms out while spinning regular speed and then when they want to whip it they pull their arms in.

i was thinking the same thing about streching my arms when doing them and i thought i stretched my arms enough till i saw the video, gonna focus on stretching my arms some more during tomorrows practice... thanks for the advise Neil!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:18 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

you can combo like that,but you'll highside alot. I would forget the combos next time out and just practice idle O's,then it'll be alot easier to combo
Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 PM

NYstunter636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
you can combo like that,but you'll highside alot. I would forget the combos next time out and just practice idle O's,then it'll be alot easier to combo

best advice yet
Old 04-04-2009, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*

this sounds right to me, the reason i give it gas sometimes is when the bike starts to fall down, but then again i see a lot of riders giving the bike some gas while doing combo's... gonna work on idle only O's today and see if they dont spin to tight and fast
Old 04-04-2009, 03:58 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by -Loco-
this sounds right to me, the reason i give it gas sometimes is when the bike starts to fall down, but then again i see a lot of riders giving the bike some gas while doing combo's... gonna work on idle only O's today and see if they dont spin to tight and fast
throttle happens. u just dont wanna be crammin on the throttle every 2 seconds, if you are youre probably molesting the brake or your idle is too low.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
throttle happens. u just dont wanna be crammin on the throttle every 2 seconds, if you are youre probably molesting the brake or your idle is too low.

sounds like i just need to find the happy medium between brake, idle and throttle input... lots of seat time will probably do the trick
Old 04-04-2009, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by -Loco-
sounds like i just need to find the happy medium between brake, idle and throttle input... lots of seat time will probably do the trick
you are correct. the more you do it the more comfy you get with moving around on the bike while its circling, once you start stepping around on it all the variations start comming pretty quickly