Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Bike Videos and Reviews (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/113-stunt-bike-videos-reviews)
-   -   SS circles, need some help for trying variations (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/113-stunt-bike-videos-reviews/250015-ss-circles-need-some.html)

-Loco- 04-03-2009 03:34 PM

SS circles, need some help for trying variations

yo what up guys:hello , i'm getting a lot bette on SS O's but now i wanna try some variations like going from SS to foot in the seathole or ralph louie or something... but it seems like my O's arent wide enough and they go to fast to start combo's with... i learned them like this but having problems getting them a little wider... how do i go about this or should i just try to combo those tight ones?? :cheers

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="[URL]http://www.youtube.com/v/rBLf4BLWYug&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param[/URL] name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="[URL]http://www.youtube.com/v/rBLf4BLWYug&hl=en&fs=1[/URL]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

crazy636stunter 04-03-2009 03:41 PM

Re: SS circles, need some help for trying variations

holly high idle bat man! keep them tight. it looks better!

-Loco- 04-03-2009 03:48 PM

[quote=crazy636stunter;3876363]holly high idle bat man! keep them tight. it looks better![/quote]

lol, my idle is set at 2500 and still pulls like a tractor, haha
yeah it maybe looks better when there tight but when i try to step to something it looks like its going to fast and i loose the bike :LOL so i was thinking a little less tight makes it easyer to move around? :shruggs

Righteous 1 04-03-2009 03:55 PM

Lookin good, Kristoff! Those are tight and fast....NICE!:cheers

sdfkillz 04-03-2009 04:15 PM

if you want to do them a little wider and slower put your body weight to the inside in a sense pushing the bike up straighter. if you lean outside and push the bike inside you will do fast tight circs. lean in an push bike out slow wider circs. also keeping your body away from the bike (stretching your arms out) a bit will slow down the momentum too. think of it like a figure skater doing spins, they keep their arms out while spinning regular speed and then when they want to whip it they pull their arms in.

-Loco- 04-03-2009 04:26 PM

[quote=sdfkillz;3876408]if you want to do them a little wider and slower put your body weight to the inside in a sense pushing the bike up straighter. if you lean outside and push the bike inside you will do fast tight circs. lean in an push bike out slow wider circs. also keeping your body away from the bike (stretching your arms out) a bit will slow down the momentum too. think of it like a figure skater doing spins, they keep their arms out while spinning regular speed and then when they want to whip it they pull their arms in.[/quote]

i was thinking the same thing about streching my arms when doing them and i thought i stretched my arms enough till i saw the video, gonna focus on stretching my arms some more during tomorrows practice... thanks for the advise Neil! :cheers

*Tanus* 04-03-2009 05:18 PM

you can combo like that,but you'll highside alot. I would forget the combos next time out and just practice idle O's,then it'll be alot easier to combo

NYstunter636 04-03-2009 05:52 PM

[quote=*Tanus*;3876481]you can combo like that,but you'll highside alot. I would forget the combos next time out and just practice idle O's,then it'll be alot easier to combo[/quote]

best advice yet

-Loco- 04-04-2009 03:40 AM

[quote=*Tanus*;3876481]you can combo like that,but you'll highside alot. I would forget the combos next time out and just practice idle O's,then it'll be alot easier to combo[/quote]

this sounds right to me, the reason i give it gas sometimes is when the bike starts to fall down, but then again i see a lot of riders giving the bike some gas while doing combo's... gonna work on idle only O's today and see if they dont spin to tight and fast :cheers

sdfkillz 04-04-2009 03:58 AM

[QUOTE=-Loco-;3877510]this sounds right to me, the reason i give it gas sometimes is when the bike starts to fall down, but then again i see a lot of riders giving the bike some gas while doing combo's... gonna work on idle only O's today and see if they dont spin to tight and fast :cheers[/QUOTE]

throttle happens. u just dont wanna be crammin on the throttle every 2 seconds, if you are youre probably molesting the brake or your idle is too low.

-Loco- 04-04-2009 04:04 AM

[quote=sdfkillz;3877543]throttle happens. u just dont wanna be crammin on the throttle every 2 seconds, if you are youre probably molesting the brake or your idle is too low.[/quote]

sounds like i just need to find the happy medium between brake, idle and throttle input... lots of seat time will probably do the trick:shruggs

sdfkillz 04-04-2009 04:13 AM

[QUOTE=-Loco-;3877553]sounds like i just need to find the happy medium between brake, idle and throttle input... lots of seat time will probably do the trick:shruggs[/QUOTE]

you are correct. the more you do it the more comfy you get with moving around on the bike while its circling, once you start stepping around on it all the variations start comming pretty quickly