seriously?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CycoWard teaser - something new and fresh for you stunters

Originally Posted by YogiR6
seriously?
No he's not serious

He interviewed Nick for his film. TT2 was sick by the way. Watched it many times.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

ha.. i love the internet :D
Old 02-06-2009, 03:00 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome!
what song is used in the teaser?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:04 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ROWDY

And Dan... When am I gonna see Borne jumping the Grand Canyon from AZ xdl? LOL
dude that **** was ****** sweet.. he fucked that bike up..lol
Old 02-07-2009, 03:12 AM

MikeNicelyFilms is a decent person

ive never hear of you either..but that dont matter...what matters is that I think your dvd looks pretty good....dont get me wrong it could use more variety....looked like 2 spots and 1 show...but i will say this..the eiditing was very nice.....and i thought the filming and qaulity of it was great...looks good. send one over my way for a full review.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

What's wrong with Xtremey award? They give you an extreme medal if you win?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 PM

OCCMUSTANG is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres stunters in utah ?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nascency Chris
Hi, devils advocate here, lets get started...

For not wanting to be compared to your day job, you sure do love to drop the TP and Godfrey name. F that, let your work stand on its own, its not bad at all, but im not so sure about the "most cinematic" stunt video ever made...I would still give that title to Apex. Nick and Adam were light years ahead of everyone else, myself included.

When I think of the NC videos "cinematic" is not the word that usually comes to mind. Like stated before, the content is so incredibly mind blowing and retarded that you could almost give that footage to a monkey with downs and still get a good segment out of it...

I agree with Rowdy and a few others (and believe me this is not any easy thing to accept) that while good there isn't a whole lot to keep someones interest who is not hardcore into the scene...and documentary style? Where? I may be misinformed here but I thought the point of a trailer was to show what the movie is about? There are no interviews in the trailer but it is a "kinda, sorta, somewhat" documentary? I think you are missing your mark on that point...

And really? Gauging yourself off of other stunt videos? For the most part what alot of other people put out is total crap (and no Mike, I do not include you in this statement) and making this comparison is the same as saying you are a doctor because you can put on a band aid but you never leave the house to see what real doctors do...

I guess my very long winded point in all of this is that while the piece you posted up looks good, its not great, and it sounds like you are relying more on who you know in and out of the stunt world than actually trying to push the envelope of what a good stunt dvd, video, film (whatever you want to call it) could be...and if you work for Godfrey you should be much better equiped to push that envelope than 99% of us who do the same thing as you...

And when I think of cinematic, something more like this comes to mind...

I'm not trying to be totally negative but it gets old when every trailer that people post says it the "best ever" or "most this" or "most that ever"...call it complete crap and if its truly good people will know it...

This is EXACTLY what I was trying to say... I see ur avitar stamped with Nitro Crew, and the mention of Nitro Crew I think Of TP and the work of Godfrey Flims. Then I see the trailer and it looks like a film I would watch & try to pay attention to (which is very hard for a sk8boarder of 18yrs who grew up watching the most inspiring videos known to man ie Powell Peralta's Animal Chin & Girl YEAH RIGHT vids) as well as making our own videos with Nascency Project for the last 3yrs. It just seemed like u were kind of feeding off of The Nitro Films work which ANYONE would have a hard time getting anywhere close to. Just Do YOUR own thing bro...
Old 02-08-2009, 04:52 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kingnap
No he's not serious

He interviewed Nick for his film. TT2 was sick by the way. Watched it many times.

okay... I was like damn... someone does not follow this sport good enough
Old 02-08-2009, 06:00 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

This is EXACTLY what I was trying to say... I see ur avitar stamped with Nitro Crew, and the mention of Nitro Crew I think Of TP and the work of Godfrey Flims. Then I see the trailer and it looks like a film I would watch & try to pay attention to (which is very hard for a sk8boarder of 18yrs who grew up watching the most inspiring videos known to man ie Powell Peralta's Animal Chin & Girl YEAH RIGHT vids) as well as making our own videos with Nascency Project for the last 3yrs. It just seemed like u were kind of feeding off of The Nitro Films work which ANYONE would have a hard time getting anywhere close to. Just Do YOUR own thing bro...
this is why its good to have a wordy sumbitch like me around...
Old 02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

this is why its good to have a MOODY sumbitch like me around...
Indeed... and we miss ur MOODY *** actually being around.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 AM
CycoWard

BigShifter929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Feeding off? Im saying I edit them, credibility. Nitro Circus = Job Security.

Id be pissed off and hatin too if I didnt have that.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
FTP!

He has had that avatar up for well over a year. And he is proud of those films. He made them. Would you guys not be proud of yourselves if you made something that worldwide known? I mean ESPN bought rights to one of his films. That's why he has that avatar.
this is why its good to have a wordy sumbitch like me around...
I like your vids. So I have nothing negative to say. But you are taking Dj way wrong. He is making his own style of film however he wants. Thats all. This is nothing like any of his other films. And I know he is not gonna say it is. He was just sayin he has credibility as far as you won't be watchin some garbage edit job. I think that is all he meant. If you saw my first post in this thread, you'll see I love buyin stunt vids, so send me a link where all yours are. I don't own a copy of the Nascency project. But I would like one. And what you got comin out in the future.

Originally Posted by BigShifter929

You guys can go at it. But I don't see the point. But knowing you Dj, I know you aren't trying to make this anything along the same lines as Nitro Circus or any of your other films. And I see where they don't see it as a documentary. Because I don't recall the other trailers goin up on SL. But it is guys. The trailer doesn't look at all like a doc trailer. But if you happen to see the full film, it really is a documentary. And I see the point on Chris's post about that not lookin like it. Dj edits great though. And what I've seen of it, it has entertainment value. And let's people understand what it takes to get somewhere in this sport. Dj wants this sport to grow as much as anyone who is serious about it. But he wants to be on the business side now since he got all whooped. And believe me guys, I have plenty of issues with Dj. So I'm not really sticking up for him. Just sayin I know he isn't tryin to use his NC or godfrey names to sell this film. Because that would go how you guys are takin it. And he wants to become his own style and name once he gets his own name out there.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:07 AM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by BigShifter929

Job Security = A Good thing.
Hopefully You dont think Im the one whos pissed off.
The film looks nicely edited The riding in the trailer looks average
Ill buy one and give you my opinion after I watch it.

He has had that avatar up for well over a year. And he is proud of those films. He made them. Would you guys not be proud of yourselves if you made something that worldwide known? I mean ESPN bought rights to one of his films. That's why he has that avatar.
Well he should be proud. Ummmm.... actually we do have a film thats reached the entire globe as well. Intersection has reached France, Germany, Pakistan, Switzerland, Jamaica, South America... And theres ALOT more as well.

Last edited by ROWDY; 02-11-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 AM
FTP!

Well he should be proud. Ummmm.... actually we do have a film thats reached the entire globe as well. Intersection has reached France, Germany, Pakistan, Switzerland, Jamaica, South America... And theres ALOT more as well.
For sure. I'd flaunt that **** on my avatar if I made something that good. Talkin about you guys not Dj. And I don't have "Intersection" either I have some orderin to do.

I just was on the nascency site and couldn't order any vids. Where can I? Myspace is blocked here at work or I'd look on the myspace page.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:26 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

For sure. I'd flaunt that **** on my avatar if I made something that good. Talkin about you guys not Dj. And I don't have "Intersection" either I have some orderin to do.

I just was on the nascency site and couldn't order any vids. Where can I? Myspace is blocked here at work or I'd look on the myspace page.
Twite, Rowdy, Borne, Suicidl and other riders in the video all have copies...you should get one through them and support them...I have a little over 100 copies left and I mainly use those as giveaways...

I know I came across pretty harsh but I hope I explained my reasons well enough...not trying to hate on anyone's success, just trying to keep everything in perspective is all...
Old 02-11-2009, 06:28 PM
FTP!

Twite, Rowdy, Borne, Suicidl and other riders in the video all have copies...you should get one through them and support them...I have a little over 100 copies left and I mainly use those as giveaways...

I know I came across pretty harsh but I hope I explained my reasons well enough...not trying to hate on anyone's success, just trying to keep everything in perspective is all...
Cool. Thanks bro. I need Twite to sign my extra calendar. But Rowdy, pm me your Paypal so I can order one soon.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

i really need the name of that song bro! its for a video im making for a school project thanks
Old 03-01-2009, 02:35 PM
CycoWard

BigShifter929 is an unknown quantity at this point

The film is now available for purchase...

http://www.cycoward.com/content/?page_id=15