Soldiers(my) wedding night ruined

Old 08-25-2004, 02:37 PM

Kenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Soldiers(my) wedding night ruined

Hey everybody just wondering if you would like to add your name to the list and then send it to the link at the bottom. Thanks everybody..

SGT. Lovell

Roy and Missy Washburn <roywashburn@mchsi.com> wrote: From: "Roy and Missy Washburn"
To:
CC: ,

Subject: Fw: Please read.
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:21:00 -0500

Subject: Please read.

Soldiers Wedding Night Ruined

On Saturday August 14, 2004 Kenny Lovell III and Michelle Lowman of Hamilton, Illinois were united in marriage. Kenny chose to wed his bride before being deployed to Iraq to serve our country. The wedding was beautiful. The fairy tale ceremony ended with the soldier and his bride riding off together in horse drawn carriage to the reception hall where all family and friends would celebrate their special day.

After the reception the couple would be off to their honeymoon suite at the Fairfield Inn Keokuk, Iowa. The room was a “spa” room that had been decorated earlier in the day by family and friends. It was covered with 8-dozen roses and candles galore, a true picture of romance.

But the fairy tale wedding ended when the soldier and his bride arrived at the hotel and were told that their room had been given away.

The picture perfect wedding’s final piece of the puzzle was given away, flowers, candles and all. The Soldier and his bride had nowhere to go. The Fairfield Inn of Keokuk, Iowa, a Marriott corporate hotel did not offer them another room, any alternatives, nothing. They were literally turned away in their wedding clothes.

The bridal party tried to retrieve the 8-dozen roses and candles, but the hotel wouldn’t allow it, they would have to wait till the next morning so the current customers of the honeymoon room would not be disturbed.

How nice it must of have been for those customers. Imagine, paying for a room to find it decorated. Apparently they enjoyed themselves as they used the candles.

As you read this e-mail, please think about this couple. This man is going to serve our country in Iraq within days. The wedding day, one of the most special days of this couple’s life, ruined because Fairfield Inn chose to give the decorated room away because the couple did not check in by 6 pm. (and there are a few other cheap excuses they have came up with to justify their decision, but that is the best one so far.)

What has Fairfield Inn done so far to redeem their injustice to this couple? They were allowed to retrieve the 8-dozen roses and the burnt candles.

I ask you to please add your name to this list and send this to everyone you know and forward this on to the Fairfield Inn Marriott. They will NOT get my business, unless they do something for this couple to right their wrong

You can contact them by:

Forwarding this message or your own to:

guestrelations@marriott.com

https://marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi

Fairfield Inn Keokuk

3404 Main Street

Keokuk, Iowa 52632

319-524-9000

Marriott Enterprises

1 Marriott Drive

Washington, D.C.

301-380-3000

In Honor of Kenny and Michelle Lovell III,

Roy Washburn 8/16/04

Melissa Washburn 8/16/04

Angel Johnson 8/16/04

Steve Thompson 8/16/04

Janet Johnson 8/16/04

Stephanie Gurba 16AUG04

SSG David Gurba 16Aug04

Anthony Gurba 16Aug04

Karen Jimenez 8/17/04
Old 09-22-2004, 09:07 PM
I Love To Post!

WETPAVEMENT is a decent person
Re: Soldiers(my) wedding night ruined

Damn Kenny I just noticed you put this up. Cant get no love from everyone or what?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:15 AM

Kenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WETPAVEMENT
Damn Kenny I just noticed you put this up. Cant get no love from everyone or what?
Nope. All kinds of views but nobody wants to reply...
Old 09-23-2004, 07:27 PM
I Love To Post!

WETPAVEMENT is a decent person

well maybe they just signed the form and didnt say anything here? I dunno, either way the whole situation was phucked up.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Fate loves the fearless

wheeliekid is a decent person

Damn bro that **** is ****ed up. How could they do that to newly weds. I would fight for that ****. Wet when the hell did you come back to life?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Newbie Member

VashF4i is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent them a nice little email.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:46 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dyno is a decent person

Hey everybody just wondering if you would like to add your name to the list and then send it to the link at the bottom. Thanks everybody..

SGT. Lovell

Roy and Missy Washburn wrote: From: "Roy and Missy Washburn"
To:
CC: ,

Subject: Fw: Please read.
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:21:00 -0500

Subject: Please read.

Soldiers Wedding Night Ruined

On Saturday August 14, 2004 Kenny Lovell III and Michelle Lowman of Hamilton, Illinois were united in marriage. Kenny chose to wed his bride before being deployed to Iraq to serve our country. The wedding was beautiful. The fairy tale ceremony ended with the soldier and his bride riding off together in horse drawn carriage to the reception hall where all family and friends would celebrate their special day.

After the reception the couple would be off to their honeymoon suite at the Fairfield Inn Keokuk, Iowa. The room was a ?spa? room that had been decorated earlier in the day by family and friends. It was covered with 8-dozen roses and candles galore, a true picture of romance.

But the fairy tale wedding ended when the soldier and his bride arrived at the hotel and were told that their room had been given away.

The picture perfect wedding?s final piece of the puzzle was given away, flowers, candles and all. The Soldier and his bride had nowhere to go. The Fairfield Inn of Keokuk, Iowa, a Marriott corporate hotel did not offer them another room, any alternatives, nothing. They were literally turned away in their wedding clothes.

The bridal party tried to retrieve the 8-dozen roses and candles, but the hotel wouldn?t allow it, they would have to wait till the next morning so the current customers of the honeymoon room would not be disturbed.

How nice it must of have been for those customers. Imagine, paying for a room to find it decorated. Apparently they enjoyed themselves as they used the candles.

As you read this e-mail, please think about this couple. This man is going to serve our country in Iraq within days. The wedding day, one of the most special days of this couple?s life, ruined because Fairfield Inn chose to give the decorated room away because the couple did not check in by 6 pm. (and there are a few other cheap excuses they have came up with to justify their decision, but that is the best one so far.)

What has Fairfield Inn done so far to redeem their injustice to this couple? They were allowed to retrieve the 8-dozen roses and the burnt candles.

I ask you to please add your name to this list and send this to everyone you know and forward this on to the Fairfield Inn Marriott. They will NOT get my business, unless they do something for this couple to right their wrong

You can contact them by:

Forwarding this message or your own to:

guestrelations@marriott.com

https://marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi

Fairfield Inn Keokuk

3404 Main Street

Keokuk, Iowa 52632

319-524-9000

Marriott Enterprises

1 Marriott Drive

Washington, D.C.

301-380-3000