Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

read this thread and either post there or post in this thread....

any and all suggestions and/or thoughts welcome!!

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103876

lets discuss this stunt event and its possible ramifications here. lets also discuss how we can get stunts outside of this venue.

we should also discuss the stunts that may be taking place at this venue.

to make it real simple: lets discuss this and create a buzz about this event so that whoever it is that is watching us sees thousands of sportbikes outside in the parking lot for this event...this is a great opportunity!

Last edited by TEACH C6; 12-10-2004 at 10:35 PM. Reason: title change
Old 12-10-2004, 10:42 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
Re: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

u figured it out...u dont give up easy...that is great...
back on subject...

i had one Q: the mini event..
who is that open to, is it just circle racing on concrete or is it a real moto race with dirt? ive done a clear channel event....not what i expected...they told us we where there to stunt...and it turned into a race..this time i know its a race...just wanted to know if its dirt, motard or some circle race...

i could kill to birds with one stone...watch the events and ride in it...
Old 12-10-2004, 11:02 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

i think that the locals are gonna have to try and get some good riding spots for outside the location. That way it will attract more stunters to go. I think if there isn't any spots to go hit up before and after the event, then less stunt riders will show up.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:10 AM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll be there supporting the event and the sport as we've done for the entire time we've been a team. I know a lot of people(myself included) are disappointed about it not being a competition but there will be other opportunities (that is what this events is all about) for us. Congratulations to Ken and Thomas on getting this event together to showcase all the riders involved skills.

Keith "Paw Paw" Buesing
Old 12-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be there and dragging everyone I can with me to show support. If there is anything I can do outside of attending name it. I want to see this take off as bad as anyone.

I have one suggestion. Houston is ghetto. Can we get some secured parking at the event for people partaking in the group ride to the event (if that happens)?
Old 12-11-2004, 09:36 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point

gonna be there in support
Old 12-11-2004, 10:14 PM

MATT L is a decent person

Will also be their supporting...good job guys
Old 12-11-2004, 10:23 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

This event is sure to be a success with people like Ken and Thomas putting it together. The effort that they continuously put forth with little to no recognition or thanks is amazing! They have assembled an amazing group of riders whom I am sure will more than entertain the crowd!

Teach also needs alot of credit for being in this from the beginning and always pushing to make this more proffessional no matter how many times he got ripped off at competitions! (and for getting me into this sport)

So, if you are within a reasonable driving distance.....please show your support!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:39 PM

kxrider is an unknown quantity at this point

if im lucky i can go and stand next to paw paw or big balla maybe if i play my cards right i can ride with someone
Old 12-12-2004, 01:47 AM

tribaltalon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lb3
I will be there and dragging everyone I can with me to show support. If there is anything I can do outside of attending name it. I want to see this take off as bad as anyone.

I have one suggestion. Houston is ghetto. Can we get some secured parking at the event for people partaking in the group ride to the event (if that happens)?

YES!!! we DEFINITELY need secure parking. houston is HORRIBLE, i'd be scared shitless of leaving my bike in a parking lot in that area. that is the only thing that concerns me about riding down to houston from fort worth, but if nothing else i guess i can just ride down with the group and then leave my bike at my parents house in the woodlands and cage it. *shrugs*
Old 12-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

It'd be sweet to go and give support, just might go!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 04:36 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

I just hope to do my part in helping to pave the way for the future of this sport.

to me it is a sport.

it's fun, and i enjoy it more than anything, but it is also a sport and i am anxious for the day to come when it is finally reconized as such...

regardless of any outcome of the event i can assure you, that i aim to have a great time.

-kane
Old 12-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Regular StuntLifer

godslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Not much of a "competition" if there is no competition, is it?

XSBA tried their thing with the AMA circuit and now they are trying again with the MX circuit? Sorry, no disrespect to the "chosen" competitors, as they are all good at what they do, but lets just keep it straight here. If you are going to deny someone with the appropriate credentials, funding, and skills from entry into this event then you should take this event at face value. It is an exhibition NOT a competition.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Gas'er!!

xsba has NEVER tried their thing with AMA...XSBA was Formula USA sanctioned for 3 years and was about as successful as they could be considering a few facts:

1. clear channel did not support this much despite exponentially increasing hits on the xsba website, etc, during the course of its existence.

2. chump riders being all talk and no show, not supporting the xsba events despite the fact that it was the only recognized and sanctioned championship series competition....also despite the fact that the events were held in a wide array of locations...also despite the fact that these events were held at motorcycle races-where there were tons of industry reps....

the failure of the XSBA rests soley upon those riders who did not support it.

correct me if i am wrong, but are the X Games open to everyone?? What about FMX? can you just show up to fmx with your dirtbike and ride? i believe the answer is no.

so...this is not an 'open' competition, just like fmx is not an 'open' competition; that does not mean it is not a competition--i can guarantee i am treating it like a comp and everyone else is riding for 2nd place! lol

for real though...this is hopefully the beginning of something much larger. open competition was desired, but time constraints and space constraints did not allow it. in the future there will be a qualifying procedure...whether the weekend of the event or through prior events.

as as far as the competition, i'll let my ego speak and tell anyone who thinks they got what it takes, or has the qualifications to come see me at stuntwars--where it is an open competition. the riders were chosen out of many, many riders for a variety of reasons. some big names are not on there agian for a variety of reasons. Darius for ex, couldnt make it cuz he couldnt travel to houston, back to cali, and then to florida for stuntwars---it didnt make sense to do so.

like i've said a thousand times already....support the event regardless of the fact that WE ALL are bummed that we call cant ride or at least try to qualify and ride...

this impacts YOU despite the fact that you think it does not.

open your effing eyes people...if you stand for nothing now, you'll settle for nothing later.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Gas'er!!

and another thing for all you doubters and haters:

what have YOU done to push this sport forward?

have you attended or competed in past XSBA events? (i dont wanna get into the many reasons for the demise of the XSBA's national championship, but a lot of it was due to 5 riders showing up at the events)

one more XSBA thing: anyone notice how much THEW or DAN JACKSON have benefitted from being NATIONAL CHAMPS??? ask them. i see thew on the back cover of SuperStreetbike every issue. this is the right way to push the sport forward.

do you think we are going to march forward by doing the same events that were held 4 or 5 years ago? all this individual BS needs to stop and we need to work together as one.

THE PRIMARY REASON WE ARE OVERLOOKED IS BECAUSE WE HAVE NO ORGANIZATION OR COMMITMENT TO EACH OTHER TO PROGRESS THIS SPORT.

when we are organized and have a sanctioning body, then we will have more appeal to corporate sponsors. how are we gonna get in the x games when we dont even have set rules for our comps now???

i'm done for this class perioed, feel free to add more....some discussion is better than no discussion.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:11 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lb3

IM WORKING ON THIS AND NEED IMPUT FROM THOSE WHO PLAN ON COMING TO RIDE FROM OUT OF TOWN

PM ME IF YOU FEEL ITS NECESSARY

Im trying for fri nite to have a lot for stunters and sat nite official after party at a major club dwntwn houston

hit me up with ideas fellas
Old 12-13-2004, 12:29 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

what club and lot u lookin at jbad? i know the only ones that r down here suck...and the ones that are actually decent, have security guards at them that are total tools. hopefully we can get some written permission from someone that way if the haters do come, we wont have a problem with them, just some questions.
as for the event, im really hoping for a big turnout, im not much of a stunter...yet, well not on a big bike but i still stunt on my kfx. so im really just hoping everything goes smooth and without problems. itll definately be great to meet all u fellers:haha: and be on the lookout for me, a white kid who looks like chunk from the goonies, on a kfx 400. haha peace, and keep the info comin! almost less than a month away!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Gas'er!!

Originally Posted by TimsKFX400
what club and lot u lookin at jbad? i know the only ones that r down here suck...and the ones that are actually decent, have security guards at them that are total tools. hopefully we can get some written permission from someone that way if the haters do come, we wont have a problem with them, just some questions.
as for the event, im really hoping for a big turnout, im not much of a stunter...yet, well not on a big bike but i still stunt on my kfx. so im really just hoping everything goes smooth and without problems. itll definately be great to meet all u fellers:haha: and be on the lookout for me, a white kid who looks like chunk from the goonies, on a kfx 400. haha peace, and keep the info comin! almost less than a month away!

you got any conneks with a spot to ride for those who want?? if there is anyone who knows anyone, i'm sure i can find a nice ClearChannel letterheaded letter explaining what we are doing, etc...

we need a place to ride in or around Houston so that those not competing will have a place to ride at during the day...
Old 12-13-2004, 12:59 PM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by godslayer
Not much of a "competition" if there is no competition, is it?

XSBA tried their thing with the AMA circuit and now they are trying again with the MX circuit? Sorry, no disrespect to the "chosen" competitors, as they are all good at what they do, but lets just keep it straight here. If you are going to deny someone with the appropriate credentials, funding, and skills from entry into this event then you should take this event at face value. It is an exhibition NOT a competition.
Your data is not correct. XSBA has never been affiliated with the AMA in any way. We did book XSBA riders to perform at specific AMA Superbike races however. But never presented it as a competition, nor was the XSBA officially affiliated with the event. I just helped the riders make the right contacts at the venue, and helped negotiate their performance fees.

Each rider will be scored, and presented with a trophy based on their scores. They will be listed in the order of their finish on all related media source materials, etc. If you and your friend race to the end of the block, and your buddy gets their first... did you still lose? Did he still win. Was it a competition or an exhibition. What if you were paid for your efforts?

Don't just try to blast the event... You will lose that battle too.

Quick Reply: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??