4 piston dual cal on a gsxr possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 PM

dorepsol2 is a decent person
4 piston dual cal on a gsxr possible?

anybody running this set up? i have a 2002 gsxr 600 with a hohey dual caliper bracke with an 04 radial master and a steel braided line. it barely locks up the wheel. havent played with it too much but it feels exactly like when i had my adapter, it wouldnt even bring me down from 12. i feel like 4 piston is the only way to go but i havent seen a bracket for one. they make one for the 636 but im not sure if its compatible ot the gsxr bracket. is it?. i dont want to drop money on a magura master and still have the same problem.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:16 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4 piston dual cal on a gsxr possible?

you could do something like this pretty easily
Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 PM

that set up is gangster. first time ive seen a radial front caliper used for a HB set up. what year bike is that and how did you make that work?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

its a 03636 but im sure this set up will work on most any modern sportbike, its lides w/ the tire and axle, you just replace the adjuster block w/ your new caliper bracket and your done....make tire changes way easier than a duel cal bracket too...way easier!!!ill look for the link to a guy that can most likely hook you up!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

he ya go...hit this dude up...it where i got the idea...i built my own bracket but this guys are cheap and have been engineered
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/464...-636-bolt.html
Old 06-18-2010, 12:30 AM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

Get a Magura 13mm
Old 06-18-2010, 01:01 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

Originally Posted by roadsurfr7
Get a Magura 13mm
cmon son! doesnt matter what master you put on it...if your useing a stock caliper you will never get the power your looking for....like one finger lock up!!! i know thats what you want....lol thats what we all want..... this set up gives it to me fo sho!!!!! and i have a frembo!!!hahahaha shhhhh dont tell anyone...they will all lose respect for me....lololl
Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by beardo
cmon son! doesnt matter what master you put on it...if your useing a stock caliper you will never get the power your looking for....like one finger lock up!!! i know thats what you want....lol thats what we all want..... this set up gives it to me fo sho!!!!! and i have a frembo!!!hahahaha shhhhh dont tell anyone...they will all lose respect for me....lololl
thanks for the link. yeah, i figured a magura master was the next step but was skeptical that it would still be the same and i would just be out another 150-200 bucks. i definitely think 4 piston is the way to go. ill try to hit this guy up unless i can get one on with my current set up
Old 06-18-2010, 01:28 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

that will be tha cheapest/easiest im sure!! also a magura will prob give you a noticeable difference but it wont do what you want running a stock caliper
Old 08-11-2014, 04:34 AM

CreeStylestunts is a decent person
Talking Re: 4 piston dual cal on a gsxr possible?

I am running the 636 bracket and it's fine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	247130  
Old 08-11-2014, 04:44 AM

CreeStylestunts is a decent person

I love my bike it's a 04 GSXR 600 with 905 front cage sick innovation sub cage, pro taper Carmichael dirt bars, RSC shorty lever, NDCustomz tripple caliper bracket one single piston two dual piston setup, steel lines, yoshi RS3 full exhaust header back, titanium round bar custom made and custom stomp pad between seats, dual fans on a switch, 62 tooth custom monster energy 520 sprocket, and getting ready to order my new brembo for my hand brake and putting on the third dual caliper on the rear ohhhhh yaaaaa boys my bike is baddddd