Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   Slipping clutch on my f2, where can i buy a new basket/or just friction discs for it? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/72684-slipping-clutch-my-f2.html)

Squidmark 05-05-2004 09:25 PM

Slipping clutch on my f2, where can i buy a new basket/or just friction discs for it?

Hey, my f2 has 38,000miles. lol, still runs strong, but the clutch is starting to slip after many many burnouts and clutched wheelies. I have a honda shop manual, but I cant seem to find anyplaces that carry a new clutch (or stock/aftermarket plates). Ebay doesnt seem to have anything.

One more ? Is the f3 clutch the same as the f2?

Hope somone out there can help me. Thanks!!

CBR up on one 05-05-2004 11:57 PM

Re: Slipping clutch on my f2, where can i buy a new basket/or just friction discs for it?

Any motorcycle shop can order aftermarket frictions and springs.....I work at a kawi dealer and we can get EBC frictions and springs for that bike...steels you might have to get a Honda if you need them.

I was always wondering how many miles I would get off my stock clutch....I know it was a shit load...now I know. I have 25,XXX miles of abuse and it is still kicking. :YEAH

Squidmark 05-06-2004 01:01 AM

Re: Slipping clutch on my f2, where can i buy a new basket/or just friction discs for it?

should i go with aftermarket frictions/springs while im at it? I head stock is usually better?

And should I replace the steels while im in there anyways?...Thanks for the help man.

FTPstunna 05-06-2004 01:06 AM

I just ordered a carbon fiber kit through Barnett, ive heard good things about em. We'll see tho, right?

Squidmark 05-06-2004 01:30 AM

On bikebandit.com I found EBC kevlar disks, and standard cork. The prices are $90 vs $60. Would the kevlar ones be better in the long run?

FTPstunna 05-06-2004 01:49 AM

id go w/ the kevlar, they last longer, and take more heat abuse. But, the carbon fiber are suppose to be better than the kevlar, so ive heard. ~nick

Squidmark 05-06-2004 08:42 AM

:cheers Thanks man, I'll probly go with the kevlar b/c i cant find carbon fiber...yet.

Thanks again guys. :apimp

KawiTaran 05-06-2004 11:55 AM

Re: Slipping clutch on my f2, where can i buy a new basket/or just friction discs for

I was always wondering how many miles I would get off my stock clutch....I know it was a shit load...now I know. I have 25,XXX miles of abuse and it is still kicking. :YEAH[/QUOTE]

Gotta love wet clutches dude
:apimp

Tenny 05-07-2004 06:34 PM

Re: Slipping clutch on my f2, where can i buy a new basket/or just friction discs for

yeah i got 10k on mine and it still works freaking awsome :) HONDA!!!