Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   Wheelie Wobbling (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/142970-wheelie-wobbling.html)

yellowflash 10-09-2005 10:35 PM

Re: Wheelie Wobbling

i dunno what it is with my bike, 99 F4 but that shit wobbles like a mother fcker at bp, only thing that helped a bit was leanin back like someone told me, but near the end of my run it still starts to wobble, n when i hopped on dannys 954 it didnt happen... nothin but good smooth wheelies... so whats goin on? is it bike or me?

Kelm 10-09-2005 11:02 PM

I from my friends have heard it could be a bad rear tire... in many ways liek balance, weights, etc.

f4stunna 10-09-2005 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=yellowflash]i dunno what it is with my bike, 99 F4 but that shit wobbles like a mother fcker at bp, only thing that helped a bit was leanin back like someone told me, but near the end of my run it still starts to wobble, n when i hopped on dannys 954 it didnt happen... nothin but good smooth wheelies... so whats goin on? is it bike or me?[/QUOTE]

its you, i have the same bike, no problems

and i change all my tires and usually put take off (used) on myself and have never balanced on, ever. so its not that.

choppy throttle = wobbles

GundamnitPete 10-09-2005 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=f4stunna]
choppy throttle = wobbles[/QUOTE]

just think about it......how does a bike on one wheel turn??

if the bike is slightly leaned right, then if you go a lil behind BP, the center of gravity will move to the right, and thus your bike will turn right, and if you go below BP while the bike is angled like that than it will be the oppisite

if your going up and down and up and down, then the side to side balance is gone

FoxGirl 10-09-2005 11:30 PM

[QUOTE=GundamnitPete]just think about it......how does a bike on one wheel turn??

if the bike is slightly leaned right, then if you go a lil behind BP, the center of gravity will move to the right, and thus your bike will turn right, and if you go below BP while the bike is angled like that than it will be the oppisite

if your going up and down and up and down, then the side to side balance is gone[/QUOTE]

u r thinking too hard and you need to take another physics class or maybe go ride a real bike? :shruggs

(this is cbrskunk btw)

aw0n0 10-09-2005 11:32 PM

[QUOTE=GundamnitPete]if the bike is slightly leaned right, then if you go a lil behind BP, the center of gravity will move to the right, and thus your bike will turn right, and if you go below BP while the bike is angled like that than it will be the oppisite[/QUOTE]

wtf are you talking about kid? the bike will always turn to the left if it is angled to the left whether it is below or above the bp... Anyways the reason that side to side balance gets screwed up with a choppy throttle is that when you are closest to balanced it is easiest to move the bike with body english, the further down or up you go the less influence your body's movements have over the direction of the bike.

GundamnitPete 10-09-2005 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=FoxGirl]u r thinking too hard and you need to take another physics class or maybe go ride a real bike? :shruggs

(this is cbrskunk btw)[/QUOTE]

no,i just spent alot of time thinking of exactly how it's possible that something with only wheel can make sharp turns without any sort of counter movements.

and yes i asked the physic's teacher about it

GundamnitPete 10-09-2005 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=aw0n0]wtf are you talking about kid? the bike will always turn to the left if it is angled to the left whether it is below or above the bp... Anyways the reason that side to side balance gets screwed up with a choppy throttle is that when you are closest to balanced it is easiest to move the bike with body english, the further down or up you go the less influence your body's movements have over the direction of the bike.[/QUOTE]

sorry, didn't mean to say below BP, basically if the bike was completely fliped than the movemtn would be much harder to control because less weight is over the rear wheel.

same reason it's hard for some poeple to keep the bike straight when going way behind BP, when there is that much weight on the tire body english affects it differently

Pimpus Maximus 10-09-2005 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=GundamnitPete]sorry, didn't mean to say below BP, basically if the bike was completely fliped than the movemtn would be much harder to control because less weight is over the rear wheel.

same reason it's hard for some poeple to keep the bike straight when going way behind BP, when there is that much weight on the tire body english affects it differently[/QUOTE]

Pete..for the love of god, go ride a bike and then give advice.

Anyone think it could be tire pressure?

-Max.

GundamnitPete 10-09-2005 11:52 PM

[QUOTE=n00bkid001]Pete..for the love of god, go ride a bike and then give advice.

-Max.[/QUOTE]

:shruggs

same reason i can lean way out to the right and say going striaght

[url]http://www.nitro-nights.com/disturbed/BikePics/MemorialParade/DSCF0664.JPG[/url]

FoxGirl 10-09-2005 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=n00bkid001]Pete..for the love of god, go ride a bike and then give advice.

-Max.[/QUOTE]

u think ur cool bc u finally weelied a bike sorry petes got more skill on a pedal bike than u'll ever hav on a bike :laughing

(and go ahead an make another comment on my naked pics i could giv a **** anymore) :hello

Pimpus Maximus 10-09-2005 11:56 PM

[QUOTE=GundamnitPete]:shruggs

same reason i can lean way out to the right and say going striaght

[url]http://www.nitro-nights.com/disturbed/BikePics/MemorialParade/DSCF0664.JPG[/url][/QUOTE]

Hey thats great man! I can rock my 70 like a damned pro, but no where near half decent on my big bike..Apples to oranges. When I see that pedal bike of your pumping out more then a leg power, and weigh more 300lbs, I'll accept your advice.

Anyways, my suggestion wasn't for kelm, it was for yellow flash.

-Max.

Pimpus Maximus 10-09-2005 11:57 PM

[QUOTE=FoxGirl]u think ur cool bc u finally weelied a bike sorry petes got more skill on a pedal bike than u'll ever hav on a bike :laughing

(and go ahead an make another comment on my naked pics i could giv a **** anymore) :hello[/QUOTE]

Whats this about? I don't doubt his skills on a bmx bike, but he hasnt even ridden a big bike yet (to my knowledge, tell me to fck off if Im wrong.). And I know I'm shit on a big bike, don't know if I said I was any good on it?

-Max.

f4rider 10-10-2005 04:55 PM

pete is right about the choppy throttle only causing wobbles when you are leaning off to the side, but his reasoning is kinda messed up.

f4stunna 10-10-2005 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=f4rider]pete is right about the choppy throttle only causing wobbles when you are leaning off to the side, but his reasoning is kinda messed up.[/QUOTE]

he is right becuase he's read it 184 times before..... but his reasoning is messed up becuase he dont know how to ride a real bike

yellowflash 10-10-2005 06:16 PM

im think it maybe the bike? like i said on the 954 it was smooth as hell, even on my F4 when im decelerating without hands on the bars between 60-50 it shakes unbelievably, and i didn loop it once about 2 years ago... or maybe im just goin a lil past the BP? i just hit it untill my rpms quit goin up

Lb3 10-11-2005 12:10 PM

if you lower your air pressure below 20psi you might as well bolt some training wheels on the damn thing. Knock it off.

Kelm 10-11-2005 12:21 PM

Stock tire pressure.... Didn't have a chance to lower it yet,

[url]https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143049[/url]

f4stunna 10-11-2005 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=yellowflash]even on my F4 when im decelerating without hands on the bars between 60-50 it shakes unbelievablyor maybe im just goin a lil past the BP? i just hit it untill my rpms quit goin up[/QUOTE]

wait, are you talking about doin a wheelie or not? to me, that sounds like you need a new front. mine does it now but mine is completly bald

Pimpus Maximus 10-11-2005 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=f4stunna]wait, are you talking about doin a wheelie or not? to me, that sounds like you need a new front. mine does it now but mine is completly bald[/QUOTE]

Word. I was getting it pretty bad, especially on decel. Gotta new front tire and everything is normal now. Make sure your rear end is tracking straight too.

-Max.