Wheelie Wobbling

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:17 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve
Re: Wheelie Wobbling

balance...practice bro. Should be easy to balance a wheelie side to side going fast, wait till you slow em down...
Old 10-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aw0n0
balance...practice bro. Should be easy to balance a wheelie side to side going fast, wait till you slow em down...

also one of the biggest reasons to wheelie wobbles is being choppy on the throttle. U have to be real smoothe on the gas to hold it steady. And yes, try to balance it out steady too.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:42 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by teamclc
also one of the biggest reasons to wheelie wobbles is being choppy on the throttle. U have to be real smoothe on the gas to hold it steady. And yes, try to balance it out steady too.
true true. If your smooth you dont have to worry as much about balancing side to side.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:45 AM

jg101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kelm
I was out practicing today and I noticed the longer I ride the wheelies the more the wheelie starts to wobble to the left, to the right and if I keep on the throttle it usually straighteens its self out or somtimes I set it down.... Keep in mind it doesn't always happen, only sometimes.

I'm wheelieing a Ninja 250 in sit down position, and no I'm not trying staggered, etc I want to get sitdowns on lock first.

If you can give me advice on how to prevent this or what's causing it... i'd really appreciate it!

Thanks
learn stand ups
Old 10-09-2005, 03:43 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

choppy throttle
Old 10-09-2005, 08:28 AM

KingWheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

choppy throttle, also, are you lowering the tire pressure? That helps stabilize it a little. Specially on a 250, tiny *** tires....
Old 10-09-2005, 10:32 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

use the search button, someone asks this almost every day

usually this EXACT title
Old 10-09-2005, 01:42 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
use the search button, someone asks this almost every day

usually this EXACT title
no ****, 3,861 posts and he's never seen a thread like this?
Old 10-09-2005, 01:46 PM

FoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to behold

how can a stock geared 250 have a choppy throttle? id hate to see this kid on a 954 witha 70 tooth
Old 10-09-2005, 01:47 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kelm
But due to certain circumstances peoples questions could be a tad diffrent like mine, I have a 250.... smaller tire than most bikes, I guess I should lower tire pressure.
hmmmm, yes... lower the tire pressure. I've never seen that advice before.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:54 PM

FoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to beholdFoxGirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by f4rider
hmmmm, yes... lower the tire pressure. I've never seen that advice before.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:11 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

yea, I was SMOOTH as crap on my 250 and it would still wobble, I lowered the pressure to 25 psi and didnt have a problem after that, way to go on trying to get sitdowns on lock first
Old 10-09-2005, 03:40 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by Beto
yea, I was SMOOTH as crap on my 250 and it would still wobble, I lowered the pressure to 25 psi and didnt have a problem after that, way to go on trying to get sitdowns on lock first
LOWERED TO 25???/ thats like regular. if your gonna lower it, put it to 10........

and kelm, stop posting this ****.......... you know all the answers everyone if gonna give ya. it dont make a difference if its on a 50, 100, 250, 600, or a 1000 with a 89 tooth sprocket.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

it must really suck to lower pressure on a 250. i mean that thing only has like a 150 rear doesnt it.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:11 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

25 felt good for me when I would have the bike screaming in 1st, after I slowed it down I was rockin 10 psi, but try out 25 and see what you think of it, if it doesnt help then lower it some more....
Old 10-09-2005, 04:31 PM

killergoose is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4rider
no ****, 3,861 posts and he's never seen a thread like this?

Quick Reply: Wheelie Wobbling