Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   Power Wheelies!?!? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/104044-power-wheelies.html)

onsighter514d 12-12-2004 04:30 PM

Re: Power Wheelies!?!?

[QUOTE=#1stubba]what kinda wheelie you wana do???1st gear 2nd gear???if in 2nd just go about 40 stay at that speed and pull in the clutch and let it out.cover the brake of course.u know your high when you cant see over the front and you gota look through the upper next to your forks!!1st is for slow things.2nd is for highway use.its like double clutching a turbo car.[/QUOTE]
i can cutch first sitting at like 25, but i want to learn standups. I'm not goin for high speed, just get it up and ride it out and eventually get to BP, But i want to stand. I have no idea how high i am standing.

tannar_zane 12-12-2004 04:33 PM

[QUOTE=onsighter514d]i can cutch first sitting at like 25, but i want to learn standups. I'm not goin for high speed, just get it up and ride it out and eventually get to BP, But i want to stand. I have no idea how high i am standing.[/QUOTE]
you gotta learn chasing the 2nd gear pinned 100mph wheelie to learn the correct way :)

tannar_zane 12-12-2004 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=doodle13245]says the squid wearing no helmet...but hey fu(ker it takes one to know one right? :laughing[/QUOTE]
like i said before, everyone that's good was once a squid.

and you're a squid.

onsighter514d 12-12-2004 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=tannar_zane]you gotta learn chasing the 2nd gear pinned 100mph wheelie to learn the correct way :)[/QUOTE]
:LOL Naturally :LOL

#1stubba 12-12-2004 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=onsighter514d]i can cutch first sitting at like 25, but i want to learn standups. I'm not goin for high speed, just get it up and ride it out and eventually get to BP, But i want to stand. I have no idea how high i am standing.[/QUOTE]

see i can clutch second at 25 sitting no problem.you can go 25 and up and clutch up second standing.doin a stand up-if you feel like your standing up straight when doin a stand up and your not gaining speed your there.cover brake!!!

tannar_zane 12-12-2004 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=onsighter514d]:LOL Naturally :LOL[/QUOTE]
look man, ima tell ya like this.... get around some guys that know what they're doing, let them show ya some things.

take your time. you'll get it. stunting a sportbike is not hard, but sometimes can be expensive, so get padded up for hospital bill reasons, and get protection on the bike. you'll get it man.

#1stubba 12-12-2004 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=tannar_zane]look man, ima tell ya like this.... get around some guys that know what they're doing, let them show ya some things.

take your time. you'll get it. stunting a sportbike is not hard, but sometimes can be expensive, so get padded up for hospital bill reasons, and get protection on the bike. you'll get it man.[/QUOTE]

:lol im with him.get leather jacket and knee pads.

onsighter514d 12-12-2004 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=tannar_zane]look man, ima tell ya like this.... get around some guys that know what they're doing, let them show ya some things.

take your time. you'll get it. stunting a sportbike is not hard, but sometimes can be expensive, so get padded up for hospital bill reasons, and get protection on the bike. you'll get it man.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, but i ride aloan most of the time. gotta learn on my own

#1stubba 12-12-2004 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=onsighter514d]Thanks man, but i ride aloan most of the time. gotta learn on my own[/QUOTE]

never ride alone.you get hurt by yourself your done. :nono

onsighter514d 12-12-2004 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=#1stubba]never ride alone.you get hurt by yourself your done. :nono[/QUOTE]
My friends dont have bikes. It's just me.

#1stubba 12-12-2004 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=onsighter514d]My friends dont have bikes. It's just me.[/QUOTE]

find a spot to pratice and have your friends follow duh!! :LOL

DoodleF4i 12-12-2004 05:30 PM

ride with FHL...haha nah you both would end up crashing and laying on the road unable to move

GundamnitPete 12-12-2004 06:01 PM

sometihng I've noticed......

EVERYONE has been saying that sometime you'll clutch it in 1st with the same power you use in 2nd, and loop.

EVERYONE has been saying that you'll loop a powerwheelie because you can't control it....

Personally, I don't think either is more dangerous, I think it's all in the rider. If you learn to clutch it up, and get to cormfortable, you could clutch it to hard and loop.

If you learn to power it up, and get comfortable, you'll loop.

Highway stand-ups=power

slow shit, 1st=clutch

that is what the guys i've been talkin to say.....they might be squids though :laughing :laughing

[SIZE=1].....but i don't have a bike.......so this post don't matter...[/SIZE]

NovaMan 12-12-2004 07:56 PM

i normally stunt alone because noone else stunts around here and Squidmark doesnt ride near as often as i do. I have a cell phone, hopefully that doesnt break durin the crash and im good hah.

Power wheelies should not be done by someone who is just learning to wheelie, in his situation he'd be better off clutching and taking your time.

All i do wheelies in is 1st (occationally second for clutch reasons) i can pull up a 1st gear standup from speeds of 1 mph - 30 MPH usually i pull them up at about 15-25 MPH though. 1st is twitchy but you'll quickly learn and you have engine break to back you up if you cant use the rear break (still learning).

Just stand up lock your arms slowly roll onto the throttle pull in the clutch give it alittle more roll on the throttle slip the clutch out and from there on its all throttle control bringing the bike where it needs to be or letting off and hittin that break. How much throttle you give it after the point you pull in the clutch is goin to affect how high the wheelie pops up to (THIS IS WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR TIME LEARNING). You seem as if your in to big of a hurry to learn wheelies because your falling back on what you already know how to do. Screw that learn the right way and you'll thank us all later TRUST US.

Oh also learning to clutch up a wheelie only using my left index finger helped me alot. Two fingers seemed to impare the speed i could slip the clutch at. And you have a better grip with 4 fingers around the bars. Im assuming that when it jerks (my bike doesnt jerk when i slip the clutch it comes up farily smooth) you may be loosing your grip on the bars and this is what makes you feel uncomfortable?

tannar_zane 12-12-2004 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=doodle13245]ride with FHL...haha nah you both would end up crashing and laying on the road unable to move[/QUOTE]
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate that fool too.

LAST CALL 12-12-2004 08:21 PM

I looped two power wheelies but never looped clutching it. Clutching works for me because I'm new to the game. I would recommend clutching to anybody who's new to stunting. Wish I would've learned to clutch the first time I started stunting.

bonesRR 12-12-2004 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=tannar_zane]well you're 1st mistake is the R6. lol -
a r6 is a great bike to wheelie.....if you were being serious when you said that

tannar_zane 12-12-2004 08:35 PM

[QUOTE=bonesRR][QUOTE=tannar_zane]well you're 1st mistake is the R6. lol -
a r6 is a great bike to wheelie.....if you were being serious when you said that[/QUOTE]
nahhhhhhh, they suck. 100% serious mang. :)

Pflepnuts 12-12-2004 08:48 PM

i heart power wheelies

immortal 12-12-2004 09:58 PM

i learned wheelies in this order:

1st gear sit down power
2nd gear sit down power
2nd gear sit down clutch
2nd gear stand up power
1st gear stand up power

power is fine if you know what you're doing. don't say it's "uncontrollable", cause i feel very much in control. you just have to know how to manipulate the throttle.