Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunting Help and Advice (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice)
-   -   New rear tire is giving me grief! (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/296845-new-rear-tire-giving.html)

Chris__636 09-26-2018 06:13 AM

New rear tire is giving me grief!

[left]So I was orginally running michelin pilots on my 636 since i got started about 8 months ago. I read on forums about good tires that last/stick well. I bought a set of michelin pilot road 2’s. I normally run my tire pressure at 27 psi in the rear (since I am learning circles) and it always felt great! I learned ralph louies pretty quickly and the bike felt stable at all times. Now with this new set, I went ahead and broke them in on the road at around 30 psi. (Normal riding) I took my bike to the lot and set the rear at 27 like normal and now I feel completely out of control. Mind that the original tires I had were brand new when i started and I kept at 27 psi in the rear for around 5 months and never had this problem. I was having a hard time controlling the bike once I hit BP now with this new set. It feels like I’m starting all over again ... Made me pretty frustrated. Should I knock down the rear to around 18-20 psi for a while to get a flat spot in the middle maybe? Didn't know if anyone ran into this with new tires being a beginner. I didn't take a break in between sets as well so its not like its been a while since I practiced. Appreciate any advice![/left]

Chris__636 09-30-2018 03:19 AM

Re: New rear tire is giving me grief!

[left][QUOTE=Chris__636;4451226][left]So I was orginally running michelin pilots on my 636 since i got started about 8 months ago. I read on forums about good tires that last/stick well. I bought a set of michelin pilot road 2’s. I normally run my tire pressure at 27 psi in the rear (since I am learning circles) and it always felt great! I learned ralph louies pretty quickly and the bike felt stable at all times. Now with this new set, I went ahead and broke them in on the road at around 30 psi. (Normal riding) I took my bike to the lot and set the rear at 27 like normal and now I feel completely out of control. Mind that the original tires I had were brand new when i started and I kept at 27 psi in the rear for around 5 months and never had this problem. I was having a hard time controlling the bike once I hit BP now with this new set. It feels like I’m starting all over again ... Made me pretty frustrated. Should I knock down the rear to around 18-20 psi for a while to get a flat spot in the middle maybe? Didn't know if anyone ran into this with new tires being a beginner. I didn't take a break in between sets as well so its not like its been a while since I practiced. Appreciate any advice![/left][/QUOTE]

nevermind. I realized its just cause the new tire compound is stiffer than what i had before[/left]

majors, lee 10-02-2018 08:40 PM

Re: New rear tire is giving me grief!

[QUOTE=Chris__636;4451279][left]

nevermind. I realized its just cause the new tire compound is stiffer than what i had before[/left][/QUOTE]
Roads are a different profile than the pilots. Pilots are a taller profile. Makes a difference with circles