Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Quad / ATV Riders (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/41-quad-atv-riders)
-   -   Gayness! (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/41-quad-atv-riders/178877-gayness.html)

BIGfugginRED 01-16-2007 02:10 PM

Gayness!

So since IS the quad section and i keep seing how "quads are gay" is posted all over our gay "quad" section, I thought i'd make us a gay ass poll!

What's more gay? or gayer? (gayer=good word)

Stunging a quad?

Or stunting a bike and searching the quad forum to find a reason to say "quads are gay"?

PS) Don't let this turn into the regular "Bikes are hard, quads are easy" thing. CUZ EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT, HAS KNOWN THAT, AND WON'T FORGET.

old man roger 01-16-2007 02:15 PM

Re: Gayness!

quads are not always gonna be gay ...

i hear there are some guys that are gonna step up the game soon [circles]

then people will give the respect you all desire .....lol

j/k i like quads

-Eirik- 01-16-2007 03:00 PM

[quote=old man roger;2564958]i hear there are some guys that are gonna step up the game soon [circles][/quote]

+1 :cheers

but yeah, posting threads on how much u think ur own hobby is better than others, totally gay...

Undead stunts 01-16-2007 03:10 PM

[URL]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1495107562[/URL]

cobray is a beast and he does circles:YEAH

BIGfugginRED 01-16-2007 03:15 PM

No offense, but quads are never gonna circle. Even if guys step it up, the laws of physics are hard to f with.

And even if you could, what good would it be? With all the adjustments necessary (tire pressure, differet shaped tires, etc.) just to do the trick, it would be hard to incorporate it in a run at a competition. It would end up being like a 5 second clip in a stunt vid. And quads aren't really in vids anymore so--------

Maybe we should try stepping it up by planning a group ride and getting some nice cameras to film it, and getting that shit out there.

Or we can try circles.

:2cents

old man roger 01-16-2007 03:17 PM

waaa waaa waaaa you just dont want any one to do it cause you tried and quit

BIGfugginRED 01-16-2007 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=bmxmyant1drug;2565074][URL]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1495107562[/URL]

cobray is a beast and he does circles:YEAH[/QUOTE]

wrong kind of circles. thank you. come again.

old man roger 01-16-2007 03:21 PM

[quote=BIGfugginRED;2565092]wrong kind of circles. thank you. come again.[/quote]
aahhh but you looked cause you thought maybe some one did it:LOL

BIGfugginRED 01-16-2007 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=old man roger;2565091]waaa waaa waaaa you just dont want any one to do it cause you tried and quit[/QUOTE]

no actually i DO want you to do it. and POST A VID too. whenever you're ready....... WAITING:shruggs :shruggs

BIGfugginRED 01-16-2007 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=old man roger;2565100]aahhh but you looked cause you thought maybe some one did it:LOL[/QUOTE]

yea and they didn't. so im still winning... :YEAH

old man roger 01-16-2007 04:07 PM

[quote=BIGfugginRED;2565193]no actually i DO want you to do it. and POST A VID too. whenever you're ready....... WAITING:shruggs :shruggs[/quote]
i dont have a quad any more:CRYING: but i could show you some circles on my 636 if you would like:moon

TNDragonrnr 01-16-2007 04:41 PM

[quote=BIGfugginRED;2565084]No offense, but quads are never gonna circle. Even if guys step it up, the laws of physics are hard to f with.

And even if you could, what good would it be? With all the adjustments necessary (tire pressure, differet shaped tires, etc.) just to do the trick, it would be hard to incorporate it in a run at a competition. It would end up being like a 5 second clip in a stunt vid. And quads aren't really in vids anymore so--------

Maybe we should try stepping it up by planning a group ride and getting some nice cameras to film it, and getting that shit out there.

Or we can try circles.

:2cents[/quote]

I think circles will be done on one wheel not two so tire pressure will not be a factor. Go back to the first urban street bike warrior DVD and pay attention..... They had an endo competition with a 200 ft marked off.
Kyle Woods said if you could roll futrther god bless you and now some are rolling 1000+. If you would have told Woods that sh!t then he would have thought you were fuckin nuts.

Circles will be done by someone who is willing to tear shit up and keep going back for more.

Undead stunts 01-16-2007 06:02 PM

someone is gonna bust there fuckin ass trying this sounds close to impossible but possible idk just gonna take a lot of time and pain probly

shadywitthe380 01-16-2007 07:07 PM

just gotta keep stepin up...1 wheel o's maybe. but somebody has to drop a tight vid & show these guys were not just guys who can't ride. like a feature film 45 min or more! gonna start getting footage together....whoever is down holla. I'm gonna set up a couple of rides in the spring.:cheers

David D 01-16-2007 09:34 PM

[quote=shadywitthe380;2565576]just gotta keep stepin up...1 wheel o's maybe. but somebody has to drop a tight vid & show these guys were not just guys who can't ride. like a feature film 45 min or more! gonna start getting footage together....whoever is down holla. I'm gonna set up a couple of rides in the spring.:cheers[/quote]word up!!!!!!!new york riders need to link up in 07' you pick the date i am there.....maybe this winter if i can get the truck ill come up on a saturday. how is the spot that you ride at? will they let a few of us ride? i know at my spot no more than about 5 of us can ride without po po coming.....

David D 01-17-2007 02:04 AM

[quote=bmxmyant1drug;2565074][URL]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1495107562[/URL]

cobray is a beast and he does circles:YEAH[/quote]no doubt!!! that makes me want to go out and try hc scrapes, that dude is sick wit it.... he just split a wig..:cheers

johnnyharris 01-17-2007 07:15 AM

Quads will never have the visual impact on tape that big bikes do.

I've seen a few quad videos that were very well put together and showcased a lot of awesome talent but they just aren't as impressive as a modern bike vid.

Quad stunters never have had their own identity-there's very few "quad only" tricks-most every quad trick originated from bikes. Like Fred said, bike videos don't have quads in them anymore-quad guys doing the same tricks that bike guys do must not be worth much to the guys making videos.

Some guy could learn circles on a quad and it would be impressive, but its already been done on a bike. Quad stunting will eventually crash and burn unless some original and unique stunts come about........

austinz400 01-17-2007 07:17 AM

hc scrapes are easy just get the rpms up pull in the clutch let it scrape let clutch out.i cant watch the vids for some reason

ExtremeAcres 01-17-2007 10:55 AM

[quote=shadywitthe380;2565576]just gotta keep stepin up...1 wheel o's maybe. but somebody has to drop a tight vid & show these guys were not just guys who can't ride. like a feature film 45 min or more! gonna start getting footage together....whoever is down holla. I'm gonna set up a couple of rides in the spring.:cheers[/quote]

rumors are floatin about that QuadStuntz is gonna try and put together a DVD this year.... So Everyone here....needs to dial in their best shit...and get it on tape and get it to Brick or NAZ or LarMan. I think it's possible that there will be a bunch of new never before seen shit show up on that vid. and even then there will probably be haters saying that they were cheating cause this or that....pfffft....:banghead

The guys knocking this are too young...they havent seen enough progression in their lives yet....wiat till your an old fogie....Shit when I was in highschool.... there were no computers in my highschool.... there was no X-Games....no one had flipped a bmx bike (let alone double flips) No one had flipped a motorcycle (let alone double flip) No one had flipped a quad)....stuntin was unheard of.... You cant even imagine the progression i've seen in the past 25 years... and TN Dragon made aGREAT Point about the distance of stoppies....just one mor example.

your all problem is that you want to see it tomorrow....like someone has to be so good that they can just do it.... give it time grasshoppers :whoopass: hehe.... not hating on the haters...just trying to give a more patient perspective...give it time...and it will come. :cheers

Catman 01-17-2007 01:03 PM

I've seen almost all out there and i don't see but a few actualy gonna give alot of this a true go.

I can balance the wheelie on one for about a second, best coming out of a dougnut pull out a wheelie and yank the bike up on 1 wheel teetertoddering. Shit i wrecked at the rim doing that shit when chris was there. when i get it to one that way i goose the gas and it tips back to 2 wheels and sometimes tosses me off. Don't think some of us haven't been trying !!!
and some are just talking shit and not running anything but thier mouths !!