Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Super Moto/Motards... (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/354-super-moto-motards)
-   -   Super Motard (Supermoto) ?? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/354-super-moto-motards/86927-super-motard-supermoto.html)

Mikie 08-16-2004 12:05 AM

Super Motard (Supermoto) ??

I want to get some info on kits and website forums for these toys.. Or maybe even pics on what you guys are rocking out. There isnt really much online that I have found so far for American Motard info.

Let me know whats up, I'm dying to know!!

catach42 08-16-2004 12:13 AM

Re: Super Motard (Supermoto) ??

[url]http://servinitup.com/videos/motard_stunts.wmv[/url]
darius on crf450 motard...sick

Mikie 08-16-2004 12:18 AM

Jeah, I caught that one.. def one PIMP bike! But I want info on how to get one setup like that. As in, clutch kits, wheel kits, brake kits, etc.

Maybe I should PM Darius.. haha. Possibly making one streetlegal too.

Keep 'em comming guys..

Wheelie Boy 08-16-2004 12:22 AM

motards look fun to endo :)

iStunt 08-16-2004 12:26 AM

KTM makes one that comes street legal and ready to race.

Mikie 08-16-2004 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=Wheelie Boy]motards look fun to endo :)[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!

Uncle. 08-16-2004 04:21 AM

[COLOR=Red]Pm veggie dave.Look up ktm, Huski, CCM, Vor,Vertamatie(sp?) also think aprilla has Vtwin one in the pipe line.Excel rims and Talon hubs make a good combo for a lil yamaha 450 to.[/COLOR] :2cents

Veggie Dave 08-16-2004 04:54 AM

[QUOTE=Mike_3SicK6]Let me know whats up, I'm dying to know!![/QUOTE]

Have a look at:
[url]http://www.veggie-dave.co.uk/supermotard/links.html[/url]
and
[url]http://www.supermotech.co.uk[/url]

Jay Carnes 08-16-2004 09:44 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I got a KLX 110 Super Motord. ;)

Front rim converted to a 12" wheel. Heavy duty laced spokes, hub & Rim. 120/70/12" tires. Shits so fun to ride. Disc front brake being fabricated this week.

MikeM 08-16-2004 09:59 AM

Cahns put some straighter bars on that little bitch

N2BIKES 08-16-2004 10:07 AM

I'm thinking about converting my zuki 250 to a motard bike b/c i dont get to ride alot of dirt anymore and there is racing on fridays at a track like 10 min from me. So any links would be :apimp

rob

Angel Of Death 08-16-2004 10:27 AM

As soon as I get back to the states :banghead for good i'm going to build a YZ450F motard bike :YEAH , excel wheels and hubs, R1 front breaks fab'd on. I can't freakin wait! :fiddy :apimp

N2BIKES 08-16-2004 10:43 AM

OK so here is my ideas

excell rims (do you really need the talon hubs? that shit is expensive)
Street type tires
fab a brake light cuz the rmx's already have head lights and tails
wider foot pegs
some type of mirrors
register it legally in oh for riding on the street
new graphix and seat cover
hand guards
chain

Hows that sound? anything im forgetting let me know guys :fiddy :fiddy

rob

Mikie 08-16-2004 11:10 AM

I know there are Dual Sport conversion that you could use. However, the RMX is setup differently from the RM cause it has a battery, ignition (keys), and some other stuff that make it legal/street ready. RMX's have a heavier flywheel so that the power isnt as pippey. Also, in the US I dont think you can make a two stroke street legal. But I'm sure there are ways around this, its been awhile since I dipped into the moto scene.

Angel Of Death 08-16-2004 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=Mike_3SicK6]Also, in the US I dont think you can make a two stroke street legal. [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. I've seen Honda NSR250s registered and on the street. Everyone was imported from Japan. Hell you can make most fiddy's street legal so I"d look into it.

Angel Of Death 08-16-2004 09:58 PM

HM Moto Motard 450F - HM Italy started out in 1988 converting Honda MX-ers over for enduro use (their 'CRE' range) today they do the same to brand new Hondas for Supermoto use. There are 125 & 250cc 2 strokes - plus a 450 4 stroke model in the range. Beautiful looking machines with the added bonus of Honda bullet proof build quality!

[url]http://www.hmmoto.it/inglese/index.html[/url]

[IMG]http://www.supermotech.co.uk/HMmotard450F.jpg[/IMG]

Mikie 08-16-2004 10:08 PM

F-in SWEET! Other then that headlamp and mudflap, that bike is billy!! I remember those CRE's. Basically a Honda version of RMX's.

crazeinc 08-16-2004 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Jay Carnes]I got a KLX 110 Super Motord. ;)

Front rim converted to a 12" wheel. Heavy duty laced spokes, hub & Rim. 120/70/12" tires. Shits so fun to ride. Disc front brake being fabricated this week.[/QUOTE]

What'd you use for the spokes and where'd you get them? I'm gonna do the same thing to my TTR90.

Veggie Dave 08-17-2004 06:17 AM

[QUOTE=Angel Of Death]Beautiful looking machines with the added bonus of Honda bullet proof build quality!
[/QUOTE]

CRFs make superb race 'motards, but they're somewhat fragile for road use. The best bikes to convert these days are Yamaha's WR/YZ and Honda's XR, with the Yams being the most powerful, lightest, best handling. Or you can buy a factory built machine instead

Mikie 08-17-2004 06:38 AM

Fragile for road? I know the XR line is bullitproof, time tested they all are tanks! But what makes the CRF tax down when used on the road?

Veggie Dave 08-17-2004 08:49 AM

[QUOTE=Mike_3SicK6]But what makes the CRF tax down when used on the road?[/QUOTE]

It's caused by constant high revs, which obviously it was never designed to have to cope with as motocross tracks don't generally have 10 mile long straights :Dsmile

I'll try and dig out the exact components that fail and any fixes the guys over here have come up with

Trumps 08-20-2004 06:39 AM

Regular maintenance on motards is all it takes, and from the ones i've seen, regualr maintenance is very quick, very easy, and quite cheap. Mine doesn't need servicing as often as I do it, but that's for my piece of mind. Guys I know, change the oil/filters on their Husabergs/CRFs/YZs every couple of hundred miles. But to be fair, those 'couple of hundred miles' are usually pretty harsh! :YEAH :laughing

The time you spend stunting far out weights the time you spend making sure they runs sweet. ;)

Brett256 08-20-2004 11:21 AM

I just bought my first real supermoto about a month ago (XR650R)...I tell you what...it is the most fun I've had on a bike yet..no sh!t. You can't quite do all the tricks like on a sportbike (slow stuff mainly) but it is fun man. I'm working on the circles right now :YEAH Last video we made shows some action on it. Here's a link:

[URL]http://www.hsvracing.com/256/256N10.wmv[/URL]

ags 08-20-2004 11:27 AM

[url]http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/UBB44[/url]
theres a motard forum ive been looking at....i think i wanna build a street legal motard

Mikie 08-20-2004 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=91vempo]I just bought my first real supermoto about a month ago (XR650R)...I tell you what...it is the most fun I've had on a bike yet..no sh!t. You can't quite do all the tricks like on a sportbike (slow stuff mainly) but it is fun man. I'm working on the circles right now :YEAH Last video we made shows some action on it. Here's a link:

[URL]http://www.hsvracing.com/256/256N10.wmv[/URL][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw your vid.. everytime I see something like that it makes me want one more and more! Endos looks fun as hell on those things!

Brett256 08-20-2004 04:38 PM

[QUOTE=Mike_3SicK6]Yeah, I saw your vid.. everytime I see something like that it makes me want one more and more! Endos looks fun as hell on those things![/QUOTE]

It's funny because I've been practicing endos on th 929 and the TTR125 for ALOT longer than the xr650. I've got about 200ft. on the 929 and 250ft. on the TTR....I've had the 650 for a month and I hit 300 consistant everytime.

If someone rode the 650 that really knew what the hell they were doing they could probably break some records.

Mikie 08-20-2004 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=91vempo]It's funny because I've been practicing endos on th 929 and the TTR125 for ALOT longer than the xr650. I've got about 200ft. on the 929 and 250ft. on the TTR....I've had the 650 for a month and I hit 300 consistant everytime.

If someone rode the 650 that really knew what the hell they were doing they could probably break some records.[/QUOTE]

Bout how much did the 650 w/ wheels etc. run you?

USStuntRiders 08-21-2004 02:41 PM

urs truly

-"B.S."
[IMG]http://www.socalrpm.com/images/springbreak04/images/IMG_6863.JPG[/IMG]

TrafficCriminal 08-21-2004 05:31 PM

anyone one know any good websites to pick up motard tires....for xr's and ttr's i need an assortment? :cheers :apimp

N2BIKES 08-25-2004 02:49 PM

Thats what im doin. just gonna put street legal tires on my dirtbike rims and rock it like that b/c the parents wont let me get a street bike to stunt on while im "in their house". its classic nazi b/s that im sick of

rob

Brett256 08-27-2004 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=Mike_3SicK6]Bout how much did the 650 w/ wheels etc. run you?[/QUOTE]

I don't know the individual prices for everything because it had been converted over before I bought it. This is basically what the bike has though:

2000 xr650r
Excel 17" wheels with stock hubs,
Floating Rotor front disc with 4 piston caliper and aftermarket master cyl.
Baja Designs Street legal kit (kit includes: Street Legal headlight assembly containg battery, turn signals, running/brake light, wiring, license plate frame, horn, kill switch.

Paid $5000 for the bike (also has Full FMF exhaust, Edelbrock carb, and stage 2 Hot cam)

Dude I bought it from had a hell of a time getting it registered here in Alabama(failed inspection twice)

Bike has around 55 to 60 hp weighs 270lbs and runs 120mph

CRF450 would be faster and lighter but apparently they have oil lubrication problems when ran on the road at contant rpm's

Sh!t is definitly fun man :hello

Beto 08-29-2004 11:10 PM

you gonna rock that thing at the Stunt Comp in november?

Brett256 08-30-2004 12:00 AM

Gonna try man. I'm was getting real comfortable on the bike. Now I gotta pull the motor and replace the output shaft bearing and seal. Had the chain adjusted too damn tight and wore it out :banghead

SPECTOR 08-30-2004 12:30 AM

Sorry, no time to go through all the posts and see what else has been said... The one and only place to start looking for motard is [url]www.supermotojunkie.com[/url] . they are rebuilding the site so it's lost most of it's content, but not it's members... It's to motard what stuntlife is to the freestyle scence. It's west coast based ( that's where 90% of motard is happening right now)... It is THE place to start with motard questions. If you're socal based my friends at [url]www.apexsupermoto.com[/url] and [url]www.apexmoto.com[/url] do things just above cost.. [url]www.thumpertalk.com[/url] has motard guys on it. [url]www.supertt.com[/url] is for the west coast racing organization run by Don Canet.. [url]www.svsupermoto.com[/url] is the vegas based racing organization... If you want to race supermoto dont get the factory street legal models, they are tame on power and are too heavy... It's like taking your Gixxer 1k and going against Mladin's Yosh prepped superbike... I got a million other links but not on this computer... There should be enough here to get people started.. [url]www.cycleforums[/url] has a motard section but it's not as active. supermotojunkie has people from Europe and Austrailia as well as the US, New Zeland, etc..
'nuff said.
-SPECTOR

Beto 08-30-2004 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=91vempo]Gonna try man. I'm was getting real comfortable on the bike. Now I gotta pull the motor and replace the output shaft bearing and seal. Had the chain adjusted too damn tight and wore it out :banghead[/QUOTE]
damn that sucks, hopefully you'll be ridin it by november, cuz i wanna see you rockin that thing at the stunt comp :cheers :apimp

Brett256 08-30-2004 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=Beto]damn that sucks, hopefully you'll be ridin it by november, cuz i wanna see you rockin that thing at the stunt comp :cheers :apimp[/QUOTE]

YEah it'll be runnin .. I'll make sure. 929 and TTR will be in effect too. We got the circle game down on the TTR's...fast, slow any way you like 'em just don't ask us to do 'em to the right :laughing

Beto 08-30-2004 09:45 PM

:laughing i'll be sure to ask that

crispyonFZ1 09-01-2004 08:38 AM

[IMG]http://www.sportbikerider.us/Pictures49/P6120006%2Ejpg[/IMG]

:twofinger Hell Fun to ride with

Xidium 09-06-2004 07:15 PM

You can make anybike street legal here, you cant sell any 2 strokes street legal though. And a RMX Had a better stator so it could run lights so your gonna have to get a better one for your rm.

N2BIKES 09-08-2004 01:46 PM

yeah Im working on saving the money to convert it over.

rob