Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   help clutch up = wheelie spin for me. (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/289978-help-clutch-up-wheelie.html)

blaze06 11-16-2011 09:14 PM

Re: help clutch up = wheelie spin for me.

[quote=87 ELUDE====>0;4416601]So did you really post this up and make urself look like a squid before putting on a new or quality tire and then trying? wow![/quote]

dont really care bout my online image. just wanted to get feed back from people who know better then me. no stunt guides never mention traction problems regarding wheelies. and most stunt riders rock worn tires so that shouldnt be an issue.

my problem was that i was the letting clutch out instead of slipping it at friction point.

blaze06 11-16-2011 09:23 PM

[quote=YSRRider;4416271]Its all about finess. You need to have the right amount of throttle and dump the clutch in sync. If the tire is spinning, less throttle. You dont need to pull up on the bars and I dont recommend that. Throwing your body around will throw your balance off. You want to be able to feel what the bike is doing. if you have stock gearing, get going about 35 in 2nd and it should come right up.[/quote]

im more interested in the slow stuff. i ussually pick it up at about 10mph in first. Even on my dirt bike i took the extra time to learn slow shit first time.

i learned i have to be more gentle on the clutch on these big boys. plus my heavy ass r6 clutch lever isnt making smooth clutch movent any easier. looking foward to my easy pull that is coming in the mail.

Megayo 11-17-2011 01:38 AM

Tires is your problem! if it's going bad drop it to 15 or 10, even with a bold tire you will come up, also body position, you ain't used to the big bike and most likely are pulling forward and not even realizing, relax pull the clutch and get on the throttle, put your balls on it, and cover your rear brake, slow down with your rear so you know it's there. SAFETY FIRST! Have fun bro and be safe!

blaze06 11-17-2011 12:17 PM

[quote=Megayo;4418245]Tires is your problem! if it's going bad drop it to 15 or 10, even with a bold tire you will come up, also body position, you ain't used to the big bike and most likely are pulling forward and not even realizing, relax pull the clutch and get on the throttle, put your balls on it, and cover your rear brake, slow down with your rear so you know it's there. SAFETY FIRST! Have fun bro and be safe![/quote]

your right about all of that. especially the tire part. i used to think it was a tire problem until i saw someone stunting in the rain!!!!! lol

Megayo 11-20-2011 02:38 AM

[QUOTE=blaze06;4418255]your right about all of that. especially the tire part. i used to think it was a tire problem until i saw someone stunting in the rain!!!!! lol[/QUOTE]

Yea i don't ride n the rain, but i have wheelie on some drizzel lol the headlight lights up the water it looks kinda fun :yeah

Exiledbikr 11-24-2011 06:43 AM

Just Run an SC2 Compound tire and you should have no problems what so ever, i had the same problem with my 2006 R6

aut117 11-25-2011 09:10 PM

its all tecnique(how ever you spell that) none of that other bulllshit pulling up on your bars shit

ahenry 01-19-2012 04:57 AM

stop riding your r6 on a dirt road

661gsxr 01-22-2012 04:12 PM

dont forget to bounce the front end. i can pop my 06 gsxr600 up in 4th with stock gearing. but in 4th i have to bounce 2 or 3 times then pop the clutch and pull up on the bars hard! its pretty much a balance betweeen clutch and throttle control.

upononezx636 01-22-2012 04:51 PM

ur position on the bike, but ide say tire pressure, i lot stunt around 20psi, high way wheelies usually 25psi,

Sfighter900 01-23-2012 12:31 AM

Did you say you were riding yur clutch out? You gotta pop that mother F**ker.

0neWheelAct|on 01-23-2012 05:20 PM

Ridding Wheelies!!! Haha. Classic!

jcbr600 01-23-2012 10:40 PM

Rubber compound stiffens in cold temperatures even with a nice set of tires, wait for a warmer day. Drop your rear tire pressure to 20 psi for slow wheelies. Pulling up on your bars definetly helps at least for me it feels more natural and most imporantly synchronize that clutch and throttle motion. Oh, and try sitting back further, the more weight on your rear axle means more traction for the tire.