Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   sub cage question????/? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/284828-sub-cage-question.html)

pittsburghstunt 11-28-2010 06:10 PM

sub cage question????/?

foldable vs solid. pros and cons????????????????

WILL215 11-28-2010 08:37 PM

Re: sub cage question????/?

it depends on if you want your pegs to fold or not.... thats pretty much it

mdub4life29 11-28-2010 08:39 PM

[quote=WILL215;4388381]it depends on if you want your pegs to fold or not.... thats pretty much it[/quote]
lol go OMR(old man roger) foldable subcage with esd pegs. you wont regret it

pittsburghstunt 11-28-2010 08:42 PM

[quote=WILL215;4388381]it depends on if you want your pegs to fold or not.... thats pretty much it[/quote]
ya but are they set up so they won't colapse while your standing on them like stock ones do

old man roger 11-28-2010 10:50 PM

[quote=pittsburghstunt;4388383]ya but are they set up so they won't colapse while your standing on them like stock ones do[/quote]

i rotate the peg mounts forward on their axis on all [COLOR=Red][B]OMR SUBCAGES[/B][/COLOR] so the pegs dont fold up on you while you are standing on them and as a bonus this also puts your foot on the grippy part of the peg instead of the slippery side of the peg ....

My thoughts on solid peg subcages

People make non folding peg subcages cause they're easier to make not because they're better ...

Non folding peg subcages are dangerous if you flip a stoppie or if you catch a peg in the back of the leg , that and they cause more damage then good because they don't fold up in a crash and they give extra leverage so they tend to bend or break the subcage and the subframe ..

I fold my pegs up when im doing stoppies so i don't get stabbed in the back if i flip and there are other tricks like clutching up from the side and learning sit down circles where having folding pegs is better then non folding ..

Below is a picture that explains why i only sell folding peg subcages
if you look close you can see that the tabs were ripped right off this subframe and that is what can happen if the pegs on your subcage are solid ...[COLOR=red][B]OMR SUBCAGES [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=white]with [/COLOR]folding pegs are the way to go....

[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l90/liduno/solidpegsarebad.jpg[/IMG]

zookiezook 11-29-2010 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=WILL215;4388381]it depends on if you want your pegs to fold or not.... thats pretty much it[/QUOTE]
:LOL
how many times have we heard this question

and omr I'm curious as to how many times you have copied and posted that response lol
o well just another new customer lol

old man roger 11-29-2010 12:30 AM

[quote=zookiezook;4388402]:LOL
how many times have we heard this question

and omr I'm curious as to how many times you have copied and posted that response lol
o well just another new customer lol[/quote]

:LOL im happy to answer it as many times as it gets asked , the more educated stunters are about subcages the more likely they are to get an omr :cheers

808GSXR 11-29-2010 02:40 AM

[quote=old man roger;4388405]:LOL im happy to answer it as many times as it gets asked , the more educated stunters are about subcages the more likely they are to get an omr :cheers[/quote]

Yes Sir. Im a Broke Noob stunter, but one of these days ill have a job again and a OMR SubCage!:LOL

old man roger 11-29-2010 02:43 AM

[quote=808GSXR;4388416]Yes Sir. Im a Broke Noob stunter, but one of these days ill have a job again and a OMR SubCage!:LOL[/quote] you know where to find me :cheers

pittsburghstunt 12-01-2010 05:27 PM

need a sub cage for my 2000 zx6 talked to sick innovations today on the phone they don't make one and don't know who has any need one tho soooo......

AugustaMoon 12-01-2010 05:48 PM

OMR. It's really that simple.

old man roger 12-01-2010 06:30 PM

[quote=pittsburghstunt;4388839]need a sub cage for my 2000 zx6 talked to sick innovations today on the phone they don't make one and don't know who has any need one tho soooo......[/quote]if you were local and could bring me the bike i would be happy to build you one but i do not have a jig for that model sorry

pittsburghstunt 12-01-2010 07:02 PM

ya florida is a little far of a drive....lol know any one else taht makes one?

manimal83 12-02-2010 12:09 AM

check out impaktech

old man roger 12-02-2010 01:54 AM

[quote=pittsburghstunt;4388850]ya florida is a little far of a drive....lol know any one else taht makes one?[/quote]the weather is really nice down here this time of year :LOL naw just kiddin but i dont know if youre gonna find any one that has a subcage for that year

PUNKON1WHEEL 12-02-2010 10:30 AM

[url]http://sickinnovations.com/sick/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=180[/url]

:cheers