Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   (INDY) XDL vs. ICON (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/282123-indy-xdl-vs-icon.html)

ninjakiller34 08-30-2010 02:29 PM

Re: (INDY) XDL vs. ICON

[quote=crew72;4368492]Hell they announced the Icon show at XDL if you guys were there and JB's rider Tony Carbajal was there judging and I over half the XDL riders had Icon on. Who gives a fuck if it was the same day it was late when they did the show. Stop being a bunch of haters.
at night when they did the show.[/quote]

Correct. XDL was over when this show started. How do you explain Edub and Apex there when they also did XDL

Ryan Cramer 08-30-2010 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=ninjakiller34;4368494]I heard attendance was down:shruggs[/QUOTE]

Looked pretty busy to me. Everyone has their opinion and you have a right to express that opinion to whomever is listening.

And then I have right to tell you, you don't know your ass from a hole in the wall.

crew72 08-30-2010 02:55 PM

I don't give a fuck one way or another. I was there had a bad ass time and didn't mind what I had or had not payed. It was all to promote the sport and I supported.

frayz 08-30-2010 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=ninjakiller34;4368494]I heard attendance was down:shruggs[/QUOTE]

attendance was down because the track was shit, the setup was dick, been two years in the making.

You spend 200-400 on a handbrake setup, pull the cock out of ur ass and spend $50 on the weekend to kick it with all the riders and watch some DER. Thats not even a tank of gas to get to the lot and ride. :whoopass:

ajmarshall1981 08-30-2010 05:01 PM

i saw both shows. they gave away alot of stuff at the icon show. and the models were hot. and the were filming stealth rider there. xdl was ok. not saying the icon show was better. but the setup was definately better. plus the icon models.

i dont know jason britton was so tiny. im 6'4 and dude has to be 5'5 on a good day.

DSOG Thomas 08-30-2010 05:54 PM

I didn't view the icon stuff as competition... red bull typically has colton doing other things during xdl indy also...

Our general admission tickets were 20.. we had reserved seating in the grandstands that was 25, if you chose to buy them cool, if not cool. They were sold out anyways, so if we dropped the price we still could not have sold more... but thanks for your solid business advice on that one

On to apples and oranges... any multi million dollar company with worldwide distribution can rent an open lot set up a dope fashion show, stage, stunt demo and hire a ton of models.

DetroitStyle 08-30-2010 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=Ryan Cramer;4368503]Looked pretty busy to me. Everyone has their opinion and you have a right to express that opinion to whomever is listening.

And then I have right to tell you, you don't know your ass from a hole in the wall.[/QUOTE]

You don't know your ass from a San Juan Hooker

ThE CrAsH 08-30-2010 09:01 PM

People pay 20 or 25 to watch XDL because its the shit, and since u were there u noticed the icon riders didnt throw there helmets in the crowd.... u know why its cuz they gave out too many "gift cards":LOL.... talk about a shitty sponsor!!!! XXXXDDDDLLLLL!!!!:yeah

ninjakiller34 08-31-2010 02:15 AM

[quote=frayz;4368512]attendance was down because the track was shit, the setup was dick, been two years in the making.

You spend 200-400 on a handbrake setup, pull the cock out of ur ass and spend $50 on the weekend to kick it with all the riders and watch some DER. Thats not even a tank of gas to get to the lot and ride. :whoopass:[/quote]
i myself isn't really bitching about the prices. ima fan and I love it. Im just talking about the noobs and random people passing by to see what its about, or all those flyers the girls handed out on Meridian to come to the show. People might get that flyer and be like "FUCK YEAH"...then get to the gate and be like "FUCK NO". I just think XDL at least in INDY could even double their attendance.

Theres riders that I know that actually competed if it really upset me that much i'd just ask them to get me in free. But i dont feel like I know them enough like that to ask them just cuz maybe they show up at our spot once or twice a year lol
[quote=ajmarshall1981;4368539]i saw both shows. they gave away alot of stuff at the icon show. and the models were hot. and the were filming stealth rider there. xdl was ok. not saying the icon show was better. but the setup was definately better. plus the icon models.

i dont know jason britton was so tiny. im 6'4 and dude has to be 5'5 on a good day.[/quote]

See this man knows what im trying to say. lol.....and your in Lexington? you should make a trip to Louisville. We get deep on weekends:yeah

ninjakiller34 08-31-2010 02:20 AM

[quote=DSOG Thomas;4368544]I didn't view the icon stuff as competition... red bull typically has colton doing other things during xdl indy also...

Our general admission tickets were 20.. we had reserved seating in the grandstands that was 25, if you chose to buy them cool, if not cool. They were sold out anyways, so if we dropped the price we still could not have sold more... but thanks for your solid business advice on that one

On to apples and oranges... any multi million dollar company with worldwide distribution can rent an open lot set up a dope fashion show, stage, stunt demo and hire a ton of models.[/quote]

Tickets was cheaper than that if you actually bought them online.:hello I bet you could sell more. That area is pretty nice. Had a good time at the show though. Next time there should only be Coca-Cola in that plastic cup...you gettting a little to crazy on the mic. lol j/k:hello

ScottFuries 08-31-2010 02:41 AM

[QUOTE=Ryan Cramer;4368503]Looked pretty busy to me. Everyone has their opinion and you have a right to express that opinion to whomever is listening.

And then I have right to tell you, you don't know your ass from a hole in the wall.[/QUOTE]

holy shit

StrictlyStunt 08-31-2010 05:17 AM

[QUOTE=ninjakiller34;4368497]How do you explain Edub and Apex there when they also did XDL[/QUOTE]

they got on their bikes and rode few blocks down the road after xdl to do the icon show:shruggs

Ryan Cramer 08-31-2010 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=DetroitStyle;4368565]You don't know your ass from a San Juan Hooker[/QUOTE]

you would be correct, because a few of those, my ass in on the floor. lol

You're coming down next year for Moto GP right? :apimp

Ryan Cramer 08-31-2010 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=ScottFuries;4368645]holy shit[/QUOTE]

???? you see a ghost or something ? :LOL

frayz 08-31-2010 08:54 AM

[QUOTE=ninjakiller34;4368636]i myself isn't really bitching about the prices. ima fan and I love it. Im just talking about the noobs and random people passing by to see what its about, or all those flyers the girls handed out on Meridian to come to the show. People might get that flyer and be like "FUCK YEAH"...then get to the gate and be like "FUCK NO". I just think XDL at least in INDY could even double their attendance.
[/QUOTE]

You don't cheapen your product for people who dont know its value. The "noobs" who don't know whats up and walk away will bump into a guy that paid the $25 later and the guy will be like "Yo this dude was on his bike backwards and brought it up in a wheelie.. and this other dude bunnyhopped and almost fucking flipped over!" then awww damn i should of went... next year..guess what he buys a ticket and so does his baby momma

ninjakiller34 08-31-2010 01:44 PM

[quote=StrictlyStunt;4368665]they got on their bikes and rode few blocks down the road after xdl to do the icon show:shruggs[/quote]
you sir have select reading:banghead

ninjakiller34 08-31-2010 01:47 PM

[quote=frayz;4368704]You don't cheapen your product for people who dont know its value. The "noobs" who don't know whats up and walk away will bump into a guy that paid the $25 later and the guy will be like "Yo this dude was on his bike backwards and brought it up in a wheelie.. and this other dude bunnyhopped and almost fucking flipped over!" then awww damn i should of went... next year..guess what he buys a ticket and so does his baby momma[/quote]
True, but you gotta admit...after all that it does get a little boring there. Guys like you and me can respect what they do and see little things. Those guys aren't gonna know the difference between a normal wheelie and a coaster wheelie. Plus some make it look so easy its like "OK WHAT NEXT" lol

COOP 1 08-31-2010 02:41 PM

[quote=sdfkillz;4368122]just cuz they're not charging ppl to watch that show doesn't mean whoever is setting up that show isn't paying to have him there. Jb wasn't there doin a charity show.[/quote]

[quote=naarden inc;4368137]he is one of if not the highest paid stunters in the industry per show. No charity[/quote]

+2

[quote=skillz;4368142] so just keep buying your overpriced icon junk cuz edub and apex gotta eat[/quote]

:lol:lol:lol

ScottFuries 08-31-2010 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=Ryan Cramer;4368701]???? you see a ghost or something ? :LOL[/QUOTE]

hahaha yep.

funny thing is i just found a dv8 shirt i got from you at stuntfest...05 i think or 04...damn im old cant remember

Ryan Cramer 09-01-2010 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=ScottFuries;4368852]hahaha yep.

funny thing is i just found a dv8 shirt i got from you at stuntfest...05 i think or 04...damn im old cant remember[/QUOTE]

You may see more of me, who knows. I'm heading down to Atlanta in October to ride with Twite and Borne for a weekened. Going to ride one of Twite's 636's. We'll see lol. A lot of rust to get rid of