(INDY) XDL vs. ICON

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 04:48 PM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve
Cool (INDY) XDL vs. ICON

Probably gonna get bashed for this. But this is a forum so ima give my anyway. doesn't mean im right. Even though at this moment I think I am
This weekend I head to Indy to check out the XDL(not my first time) I really love the 'Sport' and follow it as much as I can. Thought I would go up there and support the guys. I respect every rider and give much props. I just thought I'd discuss some issues that I think need a little work on.

As im walking up to the entrance to XDL I see its crowed with people. When im about 20ft from the ticket booth I hear "they can have that ****". I walk another 10ft and I hear "they are outta their minds" No they wasn't talking about the riding.....They was talking about the ticket prices. I could understand where they are coming from, but I bought mine online and only paid $10. I consider that really cheap considering the event and what im about to see, plus ima fan and I support it so I have no problem paying that.

After XDL I head to Meridian St. where everything is blocked off and theres 1K or so bikes. Its just one big party. GREAT TIME. I walk down a little further and see down this alley is ICON Banners and this stage. In my head I immediatly start bashing it. Is ICON too good to be with XDL? Why are they running a seperate show? **** JASON BRITTON!!! ha ha

I totally had to put my foot in my mouth. All I have to say is I know why Jason Britton is where he is at today. I know why ICON decided to put on a show 3-4 blocks down from XDL. That ICON show was on a totally different level. Here they are in a little shitty *** alley and every rider was killing it. Yes even Jason Britton. I do not understand why people hate on him so much. I've watched Stealth Rider and yes everything about that show is Cheesy. Jason Britton comes off as Cheesy. That TV show doesn't do him justice though. I recommend seeing him in person. Is he the best rider? Will he beat anyone at XDL? probably not...but the dude knows his buisness and the man can put on a show along with his team. That was probably the best show i've ever seen in my life and i've seen a bunch of them. Plus did I mention it was FREE? It was a club like atmosphere. There was no need for him to get on the mike and explain tricks(as they do in XDL) to get people pumped up. Everyone there was having a good time...even people making out in corners and ****. ha Plus they had girls in bikinis and thongs in the middle of everything and at the end they even hand out gift cards. It wasn't just 10 or so gift cards and each card is like 20 bucks. There had to have been 100 gift cards and each worth 50 bucks a card.

ICON puts on a killer show....half naked girls...gives out gift cards...and doesn't charge people one dime to witness it. You go to XDL and they charge out the ***. Plus when you are there they have girls asking you to buy tickets and spend even more money so you can go to some "after party". I just went on a Friday.....Saturday they was charging $25 to get in the door. WTF. I can go to a BENGALS or COLTS game for that. You have numerous people showing up to XDL but then turning around right away when they see those prices. XDL you could have double the amount of attendance if you just lower your prices a little bit. I walk 20 ft and 2 people I hear bitching about it walking away.....imagine what you lost through out the day.

This is a crucial time for the sport to grow. You got the show Stealth Rider on TV.....The X Games was just on TV. You are getting more people interested, but then they show up to watch something and its $25 bucks. Apperently Sportbikes and Stunt'n targets a younger crowd. This isn't 30-40 year olds with 60K or higher paying jobs and $25 is no problem......These are kids....plus this economy sucks. Everybody seems to have less money. So you wanna charge that much to young kids just getting by?

Thats actually hurting the "sport" and potential people getting interested in it. You could double if not more the amount of people coming to your shows if it was just a little lower. You guys bash Britton all you want....him and his team does a free show and pretty much gives away money. I dont see him or ICON hurting for money. Instead of bashing the man maybe start following in his footsteps.

I dont know what XDL can do different, im just telling the issue I see. ICON, Stealth Rider, J Britton seem to be the only positive thing the "Sport" has right now. I became a J Britton fan over the weekend....All he does is ride too. I think thats an example that needs to be followed.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:56 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: (INDY) XDL vs. ICON

Old 08-28-2010, 04:58 PM

LOL
Old 08-28-2010, 05:03 PM

Skrewy is a decent person

JB rides for the love and passion of the sport thats why he does things fo lil or no cost...
Old 08-28-2010, 05:52 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Skrewy
JB rides for the love and passion of the sport thats why he does things fo lil or no cost...
Just cuz they're not charging ppl to watch that show doesn't mean whoever is setting up that show isn't paying to have him there. JB wasn't there doin a charity show.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:09 PM

chili88gt is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
Just cuz they're not charging ppl to watch that show doesn't mean whoever is setting up that show isn't paying to have him there. JB wasn't there doin a charity show.
That is most likely true. And the Icon event was just a show- XDL is a competition. Two completely different things.

But i would pay to see both
Old 08-28-2010, 06:15 PM

Tekanomics is a decent person

i think it's great icon is promoting, giving discounts and DOING IT FOR FREE!!! i think it's NOT GREAT that they're doing it the same day as XDL. I DO think ICON should step up and support XDL formally as every squid that see's an XDL ad in a magazine or online and sees a guy wearing ICON anything is gonna go look for it.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:10 PM

l Bolo l is a decent person

Originally Posted by Tekanomics
i think it's great icon is promoting, giving discounts and DOING IT FOR FREE!!! i think it's NOT GREAT that they're doing it the same day as XDL. I DO think ICON should step up and support XDL formally as every squid that see's an XDL ad in a magazine or online and sees a guy wearing ICON anything is gonna go look for it.
Yeah for real F*@# ICON that **** is weak doing it right around the corner from XDL they should be supporting the comp side too. What they can't wait till the next weekend to put on a show? I like Jason B but trying to take fans away from comps is bad for the sport. Besides isn't his homeboy and teammate Tony Carbajal competing now? I'm interested in what some pros sponsored by ICON and riding in XDL think about their sponsor doing this.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

Originally Posted by Skrewy
he is one of if not the highest paid stunters in the industry per show. no charity
Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ninjakiller34
Probably gonna get bashed for this. But this is a forum so ima give my anyway. doesn't mean im right. Even though at this moment I think I am
This weekend I head to Indy to check out the XDL(not my first time) I really love the 'Sport' and follow it as much as I can. Thought I would go up there and support the guys. I respect every rider and give much props. I just thought I'd discuss some issues that I think need a little work on.

As im walking up to the entrance to XDL I see its crowed with people. When im about 20ft from the ticket booth I hear "they can have that ****". I walk another 10ft and I hear "they are outta their minds" No they wasn't talking about the riding.....They was talking about the ticket prices. I could understand where they are coming from, but I bought mine online and only paid $10. I consider that really cheap considering the event and what im about to see, plus ima fan and I support it so I have no problem paying that.

After XDL I head to Meridian St. where everything is blocked off and theres 1K or so bikes. Its just one big party. GREAT TIME. I walk down a little further and see down this alley is ICON Banners and this stage. In my head I immediatly start bashing it. Is ICON too good to be with XDL? Why are they running a seperate show? **** JASON BRITTON!!! ha ha

I totally had to put my foot in my mouth. All I have to say is I know why Jason Britton is where he is at today. I know why ICON decided to put on a show 3-4 blocks down from XDL. That ICON show was on a totally different level. Here they are in a little shitty *** alley and every rider was killing it. Yes even Jason Britton. I do not understand why people hate on him so much. I've watched Stealth Rider and yes everything about that show is Cheesy. Jason Britton comes off as Cheesy. That TV show doesn't do him justice though. I recommend seeing him in person. Is he the best rider? Will he beat anyone at XDL? probably not...but the dude knows his buisness and the man can put on a show along with his team. That was probably the best show i've ever seen in my life and i've seen a bunch of them. Plus did I mention it was FREE? It was a club like atmosphere. There was no need for him to get on the mike and explain tricks(as they do in XDL) to get people pumped up. Everyone there was having a good time...even people making out in corners and ****. ha Plus they had girls in bikinis and thongs in the middle of everything and at the end they even hand out gift cards. It wasn't just 10 or so gift cards and each card is like 20 bucks. There had to have been 100 gift cards and each worth 50 bucks a card.

ICON puts on a killer show....half naked girls...gives out gift cards...and doesn't charge people one dime to witness it. You go to XDL and they charge out the ***. Plus when you are there they have girls asking you to buy tickets and spend even more money so you can go to some "after party". I just went on a Friday.....Saturday they was charging $25 to get in the door. WTF. I can go to a BENGALS or COLTS game for that. You have numerous people showing up to XDL but then turning around right away when they see those prices. XDL you could have double the amount of attendance if you just lower your prices a little bit. I walk 20 ft and 2 people I hear bitching about it walking away.....imagine what you lost through out the day.

This is a crucial time for the sport to grow. You got the show Stealth Rider on TV.....The X Games was just on TV. You are getting more people interested, but then they show up to watch something and its $25 bucks. Apperently Sportbikes and Stunt'n targets a younger crowd. This isn't 30-40 year olds with 60K or higher paying jobs and $25 is no problem......These are kids....plus this economy sucks. Everybody seems to have less money. So you wanna charge that much to young kids just getting by?

Thats actually hurting the "sport" and potential people getting interested in it. You could double if not more the amount of people coming to your shows if it was just a little lower. You guys bash Britton all you want....him and his team does a free show and pretty much gives away money. I dont see him or ICON hurting for money. Instead of bashing the man maybe start following in his footsteps.

I dont know what XDL can do different, im just telling the issue I see. ICON, Stealth Rider, J Britton seem to be the only positive thing the "Sport" has right now. I became a J Britton fan over the weekend....All he does is ride too. I think thats an example that needs to be followed.
icon is selling an image and you just bought it. Is icon junk
..no but they do charge way to much for their product .personally I wouldn't buy any icon stuff so a trailer load of gift certificates would mean nothing to me.from a marketing standpoint icon hits the nail on the head. Comparing an icon show to a Xdl show is stupid,the people involved with Xdl love stunting the people involved with icon love money. So just keep buying your overpriced icon junk cuz Edub and Apex gotta eat
Old 08-28-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by chili88gt
That is most likely true. And the Icon event was just a show- XDL is a competition. Two completely different things.

But i would pay to see both
I would pay to see both too. Just not $25. Apperenly other people wouldn't mind paying either.....just not so much. Why pay $25? Because its the "FINALS"?

Originally Posted by skillz
icon is selling an image and you just bought it. Is icon junk
..no but they do charge way to much for their product .personally I wouldn't buy any icon stuff so a trailer load of gift certificates would mean nothing to me.from a marketing standpoint icon hits the nail on the head. Comparing an icon show to a Xdl show is stupid,the people involved with Xdl love stunting the people involved with icon love money. So just keep buying your overpriced icon junk cuz Edub and Apex gotta eat
Both love the money. Icon just does it a little bit more sneaky. XDL just does it upfront....GIVE ME THE MONEY BITCH!!! But how do you expose the sport and show riders skill if you charge so much? People are gonna know EDub and Apex a little more now because of that ICON show....not because of XDL and they did both.

IDK....im not talking ****. Im just telling you from an average persons perspective and noooob perspective. I know theres a difference in XDL and ICON. What are most people gonna wanna see though?
Old 08-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Icon's Team empire were at XDL in full force this weekend...

For 1 it's motoGP weekend... and 2 your comparing apples with oranges...

Show vs. an event.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by ninjakiller34

IDK....im not talking ****. Im just telling you from an average persons perspective and noooob perspective. I know theres a difference in XDL and ICON. What are most people gonna wanna see though?
You not talking ****. You are talking out of your ***...

And the place was PACKED tight with "average people" today... going crazy while all the XDL ATHLETES (Icon backed riders included) put in serious work.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:49 AM
www.STRICTLYSTUNT.com

JackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
Icon's Team empire were at XDL in full force this weekend...

For 1 it's motoGP weekend... and 2 your comparing apples with oranges...

Show vs. an event.
Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
You not talking ****. You are talking out of your ***...

And the place was PACKED tight with "average people" today... going crazy while all the XDL ATHLETES (Icon backed riders included) put in serious work.
you feel that on your head NinjaKiller? You just got **** on again.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by JackMan
you feel that on your head NinjaKiller? You just got **** on again.
LOL
Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 PM

Theres so many ways to flip this around. this can be never ending.

Im just gonna say people need to not hate on JB. All he does is ride. He doesnt' come on these forums and talk **** about anyone or anything. If ima pick an event to pay to see, i know ima get my moneys worth outta him. That may be a outta the norm or squid thing to say but **** it.

If its a sport then make it entertainment... make it a show. Arent' all "Sports" entertainment anyway?

XDL is doing good...but they could be even better. they could double the amount of people showing up. what they need to do? I dont know im not a buisness man. but its missing something.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:31 AM

lijclki is a decent person

http://www.bizboysell.com

Wow! This site:

Both cheaper and fashion, and good products.

Purchase will have small gift to send.

http://www.bizboysell.com was a good site.

Like this discovery.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:35 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I'm pretty sure stuntwars was $20-$25. Quit being a douchebag.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Mikey P. Freestyle

crew72 is a decent person

Hell they announced the Icon show at XDL if you guys were there. JB's rider Tony Carbajal was there judging and over half the XDL riders where wearing Icon. Who gives a **** if it was the same day as XDL, it was late when they did the show. Stop being a bunch of haters

Oh and to bitch about the cost to get in. Come on if your into the sport it all costs money, more money and then more money to do anything to get to these events and keep these bikes up so shut up and pay your measly $20 and show your support.

Last edited by crew72; 08-30-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by frayz
I'm pretty sure stuntwars was $20-$25. Quit being a douchebag.
I heard attendance was down

Quick Reply: (INDY) XDL vs. ICON