Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   sprocket removal HORROR STORIES!!! (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/277805-sprocket-removal-horror-stories.html)

SEE_BEE_ARE 05-08-2010 11:16 PM

Re: sprocket removal HORROR STORIES!!!

dude yeah i might actually ride out there. at all possible. do you or someone you know upthere have a chain tool. because the sprockets are on i just need to hook up the chain put the front sprocket cover back on. and even out the rear tire. and its ready to go. well maybe besides more coolent. ahahah

SEE_BEE_ARE 05-08-2010 11:19 PM

well the problem was on another page i saw.. it said that the hose i disconnected was something else... it clearly had it labeled as sum bs air hose or somethin. so i figured it be easy to disconnect and move out my way.. and like i said in the beginning. im a broke asss kid man.. i make enough every two weeks to pay my bike payment, insurance, and gas. money isnt easy to comeby at this current time. ahah but if you got it ... more power to ya brother.

blee 05-08-2010 11:45 PM

Dude, you might be a noob at workin on shit but thats no excuse for doin all of the retarded shit you did,Take your damn time and use your brain,think about what steps you gotta take to get the job done,dont just jump in with your eyes closed and your brain turned off.that way will only end up fuckin up your bike,costin you alot of $$$,and most likely will get you hurt.I learned how to fix anything with a motor or wheels on my own just by takin a lil extra time to LOOK at shit and using common sense,SLOW DOWN YOUNG GRASSHOPPA.Before you kill yourself.

SEE_BEE_ARE 05-08-2010 11:52 PM

ahah damn yeah mine took all night. i was really anxious to start this (what i thought was going to be small project).. ahah. i didnt get home ffrom work until around 12:45 am.. started immediatly. 830 in the morning,, and was alll finally done. minus the chain. i dont have the tool for it. i didnt order one cus i guy i ride with said he had one.. well i called him today for it.. and he lost it.. so now im just waitin for a shop to open so i can go get one, ahah

SEE_BEE_ARE 05-09-2010 02:20 AM

[QUOTE=blee;4321787]Dude, you might be a noob at workin on shit but thats no excuse for doin all of the retarded shit you did,Take your damn time and use your brain,think about what steps you gotta take to get the job done,dont just jump in with your eyes closed and your brain turned off.that way will only end up fuckin up your bike,costin you alot of $$$,and most likely will get you hurt.I learned how to fix anything with a motor or wheels on my own just by takin a lil extra time to LOOK at shit and using common sense,SLOW DOWN YOUNG GRASSHOPPA.Before you kill yourself.[/QUOTE]
i dont think a series of unfortunate mishaps while changing a sprockets is likely to kill me. i still havent rode it yet. im waiting for a guy i know to check my work, and make sure its ready so i dont fuck myself up when something comes loose because i was toooooo anxious. . im just anxious. not completely fuckin retarded. thank you though i am openly excepting everyones criticism unless it is just unnecessary. (not sayin yours was)... im just sayin,

sdbjdsf 05-09-2010 10:00 AM

''''''''''''''''''''' [url]http://www.traderwear.com[/url] '''''''''''''''''''''

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

BOOT $50

Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35
Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35
Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30
Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16
New era cap $15

Bikini (Ed hardy,) $25

''''''''''''''''''''' [url]http://www.traderwear.com[/url] '''''''''''''''''''''

Mr Incognito 05-09-2010 11:43 AM

Ahhhh the joys of working on stuff at a young age lol. I used to be the same way when I was 19, but developed a ton of patience and focus over the last few years so im really good about working on stuff now. No more bolt stripping or taking stuff apart that I cant put back together lol.

Anyways, about the best story I have. I had an R6 and I was changing the oil. Ive never had a bike go over 2000 miles without an oil change, so after a few times of doing it on the R6 (basically my first bike) I felt like I was a pro, and decided to time myself.....Well I got the oil change done super fast, almost too fast. I didnt think much of it, started the bike and it was blowing out a bunch of black carbon junk. I thought WTF?!....Look over and the new quarts of oil are sitting on the floor unopened. I had let the bike warm up and revved the shit out of it a couple times. I put the oil in and it ran fine thank god lol.

NBstunter 05-09-2010 12:10 PM

[quote=Mr Incognito;4321927]Ahhhh the joys of working on stuff at a young age lol. I used to be the same way when I was 19, but developed a ton of patience and focus over the last few years so im really good about working on stuff now. No more bolt stripping or taking stuff apart that I cant put back together lol.

Anyways, about the best story I have. I had an R6 and I was changing the oil. Ive never had a bike go over 2000 miles without an oil change, so after a few times of doing it on the R6 (basically my first bike) I felt like I was a pro, and decided to time myself.....Well I got the oil change done super fast, almost too fast. I didnt think much of it, started the bike and it was blowing out a bunch of black carbon junk. I thought WTF?!....Look over and the new quarts of oil are sitting on the floor unopened. I had let the bike warm up and revved the shit out of it a couple times. I put the oil in and it ran fine thank god lol.[/quote]did that yesterday thank god it was on a 2 stroke so the motor had oil but the trans was dry.

allenjhovan 05-09-2010 12:10 PM

i think that u really have to put time and effort in what ur doing on ur bike. but i have learnt alot from u guys in this thread

1997f3 05-09-2010 02:00 PM

I've Never had a problem with my front sprockets on my F4i or my 600rr. I've even got it off before without the chain on lol. My buddy'd 636 took at least an hour, 2 people, heat, and a HUGE cheater bar!!! lol.

stuntordie 05-09-2010 04:53 PM

Hahaha its funny reading about guys trieng to work on their own bikes...thank god I a chose 2 be a motorcycle tech..good luck!

SEE_BEE_ARE 05-09-2010 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=allenjhovan;4321944]i think that u really have to put time and effort in what ur doing on ur bike. but i have learnt alot from u guys in this thread[/QUOTE]
anything my noobish ass can do to help.. ahahah.. i posted this because i needed a good laugh after what i went throughl. i had helped someone change a sprocket but it was on an 01 suzuki.. so it was a little different than my 07 cbr, ahaha. but i took it on a test drive today because i didnt have a rivet tool. took it to a guy i know who had one he snapped it together. i took it home lined up the back tire. and put the cover back over the front sprocket, and it rides like a fuckin champ. hahah but my speedometer is off horribly now. ahahah

SEE_BEE_ARE 05-09-2010 11:14 PM

glad i could be of service . ahahah

Topek 05-10-2010 12:48 AM

Am I the only person to drill out the rivets of the master link???? 2sec per rivet and the chain popped right off..

Towlieee 05-10-2010 02:22 AM

[QUOTE=buffaloGSXR;4322286]Am I the only person to drill out the rivets of the master link???? 2sec per rivet and the chain popped right off..[/QUOTE]

I just bust out my angle grinder and grind the rivets down to the 'plate', then the chain pops apart with a screw driver, or screw driver + hammer being wedge in it

works great for me

I'm surprised at how hard of a time some people have with chains lol.. And lots of people I know don't even think to use an angle grinder :shruggs
I'm "pretty sure" a chain tool even says to use a grinder first, then use the chain tool to push the pins out :cheers

engineman44 05-11-2010 09:26 AM

yeah best way ive found is too but the chain on through it in gear and get someone to hold the brake or zip tie on the hand brake and ratchet if thats all you have and a cheater bar but i have air tools:)

jeremy payne 05-11-2010 09:42 AM

[quote=Scotty7one7;4321571]...lessons ive learned, dont fix it if it aint broke...[/quote]
The first thing i ever tryed to do to my bike was install some HID'S, Well lets just say its been streetfighter ever sense!! haha:yeah

SEE_BEE_ARE 05-11-2010 10:27 AM

[quote=jeremy payne;4323038]The first thing i ever tryed to do to my bike was install some HID'S, Well lets just say its been streetfighter ever sense!! haha:yeah[/quote]
ahahaha worrrrd:yeah

BIGDIDDY 05-11-2010 01:27 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! good story..... ive been there man so i feel for you. but as the years went by i learned to TAKE YOUR TIME!!! if something is pissing you off on your bike.... WALK AWAY!!!! dont ever rush things because if you do, your gonna end up spending more money after you fuck it up trying to rush it!!!! i learned that the hard way in 06 working on my 04 gsx-r 600. i had blew my bottom end(typical GSX-R) and i was rushing to put my new motor in and i forgot to put on the o-ring on the chain. long story short i was wheeling the bitch when my chain snapped off!!! busting the water pump and breaking a piece of my NEW motor off!!! $800 and a whole days worth of motor-swapping down the drain!!! i never made that mistake ever again. so like i said man, ALWAYS TAKE YOUR TIME!!!:LOL

GSWITCH33 05-11-2010 01:40 PM

Haha awesome story man. :cheers