Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Drifting?? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/263072-drifting.html)

slidewayz89 08-30-2009 03:19 AM

Drifting??

Okay well my hip and my cage can not handle learning drifts anymore:LOL i am ablosutly sick of low siding is there any tricks to it really or can you just give me some advice shit my left hip has a knot the size of a grape fruit on it and my cage well its taking a beating (GOOD JOB A-TOWN) but fuck man its been three days of low siding i know its better than high siding:yeah but fuck i can break loose no problem

slidewayz89 08-30-2009 04:07 AM

Re: Drifting??

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

old man roger 08-30-2009 06:30 AM

go right ...lol

PancakePete 08-30-2009 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just highsided on a blown ACL/MCL yesterday making my first attempts.:LOL I'll take some pointers as well.

Turtle 08-30-2009 09:33 AM

how are you hitting your hip? I learned by starting off with my foot on the ground and dragging my foot, think of it as like a crutch to get the lean angles you need and what not. Once you get comfortable with that, you can pick your foot up

JOHNNYSTUNTS 08-30-2009 11:55 AM

[quote=Turtle;4105232]how are you hitting your hip? I learned by starting off with my foot on the ground and dragging my foot, think of it as like a crutch to get the lean angles you need and what not. Once you get comfortable with that, you can pick your foot up[/quote]
that what im doin... then as i come out i pick up the foot.

JOHNNYSTUNTS 08-30-2009 12:00 PM

you gotta be one with the bike!

slidewayz89 08-30-2009 06:26 PM

no im not using my foot im just slideing and breaking loose 1 out of 10 i might get 270 or 360 but not all the time most of the time i just slide out on my left hip

white bandito 08-31-2009 12:01 AM

but your name is slide wayz?

jay cky 08-31-2009 12:40 AM

get aggressive be one with the bike and load your tire up with air 38psi to start..
its all in the clutch release and throttle i am getting them but been only just started yesterday with 25psi an was doing alright? A buddy who was doing them same time with 38psi was killing the shit...

I dunno what else to say if you want it bad enough it will happen...

slidewayz89 08-31-2009 01:22 AM

yea im only at like 28-32 or so. but i mean i can break loose no problem but i think i dump the clutch a little high on the initail take off lol

Jerro 08-31-2009 01:43 AM

just stop bein a pussy!!!!

HighStyles 08-31-2009 06:45 AM

don't wait for the tail to whip around when your on the break, just get it to slide for a few feet then /gas/clutch, might be why your low siding, your waiting to long to put power to the wheel

GAMstunts 08-31-2009 09:40 AM

+1 w/highstyles, pop that shit a second sooner or go a lil faster and do your slide in longer so you get your angle be4 you nail it

Hazen 08-31-2009 09:58 AM

The brand and model of tire makes a big difference... for me at least.

Get something hard, like a touring tire and put a bunch of air in it.

I personally don't suggest the foot down thing, cause bad habits are hard to break - but it helps alot of people learn so to each his own.

!!A2K!! 08-31-2009 10:33 AM

[quote=Hazen;4106325]The brand and model of tire makes a big difference... for me at least.

Get something hard, like a touring tire and put a bunch of air in it.

I personally don't suggest the foot down thing, cause bad habits are hard to break - but it helps alot of people learn so to each his own.[/quote]

+1:cheers

slidewayz89 08-31-2009 11:02 AM

i dont do the foot down thing fuck that but im at a dead stop leaned over when i dump the clutch i mean at 0mph lol i slide to a stop(leaned)then dump and slide every once in a while i will get a "good" one lol then the others i just slide out.

!!A2K!! 08-31-2009 11:11 AM

[quote=slidewayz89;4106394]i dont do the foot down thing fuck that but im at a dead stop leaned over when i dump the clutch i mean at 0mph lol i slide to a stop(leaned)then dump and slide every once in a while i will get a "good" one lol then the others i just slide out.[/quote]

try somethin diffrent....lean a diff way or more air.....ull get it just keep practicing it.....and get ya a few extra tires:LOL

phatman95south 08-31-2009 11:31 AM

well i weigh about 300 so it might b a lil different for the rest of u thinner fells ne wayz i get up over my gas tank tap the front brake while alredy rollin bout 5smiles per hour let the bike pop up just a bit and before the bkes weight shifts back down i pop d cluth at about 7 let the tire spin and slowly turn to the left until the the bike turns about90 degrees from its original spot then turn to the right and spin bout another 90 degrees and repeat till perfectly made a circle and continue to do the damn thing:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

slidewayz89 08-31-2009 11:40 AM

[quote=phatman95south;4106429]well i weigh about 300 so it might b a lil different for the rest of u thinner fells ne wayz i get up over my gas tank tap the front brake while alredy rollin bout 5smiles per hour let the bike pop up just a bit and before the bkes weight shifts back down i pop d cluth at about 7 let the tire spin and slowly turn to the left until the the bike turns about90 degrees from its original spot then turn to the right and spin bout another 90 degrees and repeat till perfectly made a circle and continue to do the damn thing:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah[/quote]

what are you talking about:shruggs