Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   taking off frame F4i (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/238924-taking-off-frame-f4i.html)

-Loco- 12-01-2008 05:58 AM

taking off frame F4i

i'm taking apart my bike to get everything powdercoated but i'm having some trouble with the right side frame bolt & lock nut... the one that connect the frame to te swingarm...
i took out the axle and the left frame side is loose from the swingarm but the right side is still stuck :banghead

it seems to be a 21mm size allen bolt with a special lock nut over it... i went to the hardware store but had no luck finding a allen wrench from 21mm...

is there a way to get this loose without having to buy some special honda tool?

thanks in advance kristoff:cheers

T'RIC'KY 12-01-2008 06:04 AM

Re: taking off frame F4i

go to your local honda dealer and ask them if they can rent it to you for a day. :2cents

blackwater611 12-01-2008 06:14 AM

When I do my frame swaps I use a big bolt....The head of the bolt is a allen....Find a bolt head that is 21mm and use a big ass pair of vice grips or weld it to a socket....It is a ghetto way of doing it, but I promise it works well....:2cents

Scott982 12-01-2008 06:22 AM

[QUOTE=-Loco-;3651820]i'm taking apart my bike to get everything powdercoated but i'm having some trouble with the right side frame bolt & lock nut... the one that connect the frame to te swingarm...
i took out the axle and the left frame side is loose from the swingarm but the right side is still stuck :banghead

it seems to be a 21mm size allen bolt with a special lock nut over it... i went to the hardware store but had no luck finding a allen wrench from 21mm...

is there a way to get this loose without having to buy some special honda tool?

thanks in advance kristoff:cheers[/QUOTE]

Check out this thread it shows you how to make the tool with an old 1 1/4" socket. I made one and it worked great.

[url]http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350722[/url]

old duffer 12-01-2008 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=blackwater611;3651829]When I do my frame swaps I use a big bolt....The head of the bolt is a allen....Find a bolt head that is 21mm and use a big ass pair of vice grips or weld it to a socket....It is a ghetto way of doing it, but I promise it works well....:2cents[/QUOTE]

can also use two nuts on it and not weld the socket on

[b][url=http://autoinsurances.wearecares.net]Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance[/url] | [url=autoprotection.wearecares.net]Auto/Moto Protection Today[/url] | [url=trade-in.wearecares.net]FREE Trade-In Quote[/url][/b]

blackwater611 12-01-2008 06:24 AM

[quote=old duffer;3651839]can also use two nuts on it and not weld the socket on[/quote]

:cheersYup yup...That will work to...and I will have to try that one next...:yeah:hello

-Loco- 12-01-2008 06:55 AM

[quote=blackwater611;3651829]When I do my frame swaps I use a big bolt....The head of the bolt is a allen....Find a bolt head that is 21mm and use a big ass pair of vice grips or weld it to a socket....It is a ghetto way of doing it, but I promise it works well....:2cents[/quote]

right on, i'm going off to work now and see if i can get my hands on some 21mm bolts! :cheers

-Loco- 12-01-2008 06:56 AM

[quote=Scott982;3651836]Check out this thread it shows you how to make the tool with an old 1 1/4" socket. I made one and it worked great.

[URL]http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350722[/URL][/quote]

awesome link bro, thx!:yeah

wjerlinger 12-01-2008 10:38 AM

I made one too.

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Scott982;3651836]Check out this thread it shows you how to make the tool with an old 1 1/4" socket. I made one and it worked great.[/QUOTE]

This is the same way I made mine when I did the RR conversion. It helped alot! Here's a pic from the other site.
[ATTACH]281880[/ATTACH]

da Liks 12-01-2008 02:28 PM

is it coming along kristoff? i'm wanting to do the same but i'm reaaally hesitating.. i wanna do a black or blue frame...

ATOWN1101 12-01-2008 03:27 PM

[quote=blackwater611;3651829]When I do my frame swaps I use a big bolt....The head of the bolt is a allen....Find a bolt head that is 21mm and use a big ass pair of vice grips or weld it to a socket....It is a ghetto way of doing it, but I promise it works well....:2cents[/quote]
this is what i did and it worked great.but i welded it to a 10in steel rod it made it into a tire iron if you can kinda get the picture.

MikeOnTheBike 12-01-2008 03:32 PM

yes this is the way if you can't find an allen or the 4 way tool for loosening those lock nuts. I welded a grade 8 bolt that fit the allen size to an impact socket and used a breaker bar. and be careful when it goes back together and do not over tighten, could overload the bearing and break it. had it happen when I got this bike i have now. the previous owner when they had the swingarm polished it was put together WAY TOO TIGHT and snapped that bearing on the right side.

blackwater611 12-01-2008 04:56 PM

[quote=MikeOnTheBike;3652930]yes this is the way if you can't find an allen or the 4 way tool for loosening those lock nuts. I welded a grade 8 bolt that fit the allen size to an impact socket and used a breaker bar. and be careful when it goes back together and do not over tighten, could overload the bearing and break it. had it happen when I got this bike i have now. the previous owner when they had the swingarm polished it was put together WAY TOO TIGHT and snapped that bearing on the right side.[/quote]

DAMN!!! YOU TO...:banghead It happend to me last year! :LOL

-Loco- 12-01-2008 06:25 PM

[quote=da Liks;3652698]is it coming along kristoff? i'm wanting to do the same but i'm reaaally hesitating.. i wanna do a black or blue frame...[/quote]

just finnished taking the bike apart, a lot of parts are on my garage floor now :LOL
i took some pics step by step when i was taking everything off just to make shure that i rebuild it the right way...
tomorrow i'm gonna take out the bearings from the wheels and swingarm and everything is going to the coater straight away :cheers

btw: frame, sub, swingarm and wheels are going in blue and the rest will be gloss black! looks like we got the same paintscheme idea :apimp