Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Powers Round Bar for F4i? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/221969-powers-round-bar-f4i.html)

nags 05-26-2008 11:58 AM

Powers Round Bar for F4i?

Anyone running one? Did you have to relocate the rectifier?

Towlieee 05-26-2008 01:53 PM

Re: Powers Round Bar for F4i?

I doubt this helps... but....

When my friend put an aftermarket tail on my f4i, he had to move the VR

so he just threw it inside the tail, right under the cross bar between the front and rear seat

few zip ties and its gravy :2cents

nags 05-28-2008 03:28 PM

bump/

punishmentcycle 05-28-2008 03:37 PM

even if it's long and runs into the reg.. just cut a little off and bolt it.

nags 05-28-2008 03:42 PM

thats what I was thinkin'

Tony L 05-28-2008 03:50 PM

gabbbaagggeee.com

FaShowFreestyle 05-28-2008 03:51 PM

[quote=Towlieee;3311314]I doubt this helps... but....

When my friend put an aftermarket tail on my f4i, he had to move the VR

so he just threw it inside the tail, right under the cross bar between the front and rear seat

few zip ties and its gravy :2cents[/quote]

my VR went out like 2 weeks after I moved it under the seat, i think it should be grounded somewhere to the frame....has anyone heard of this?:banghead

stock05 05-28-2008 03:56 PM

i had a SI round so, sorry buddy.

50slut 05-28-2008 04:20 PM

i moved my left passenger footpeg farther back anyway n when i put my bar on i had to move my rectifier and it bolted up perfect in the stock passenger peg location and it looks pimp :cheers and its probably stays alot cooler that way :shruggs
try that Nags!!!!

JohnnyBmore 05-28-2008 05:00 PM

yes mr nags you will ether have to cut the mounting bars or relocate the rectifier ....

Towlieee 05-28-2008 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=FaShowFreestyle;3315007]my VR went out like 2 weeks after I moved it under the seat, i think it should be grounded somewhere to the frame....has anyone heard of this?:banghead[/QUOTE]

VR's regularly go out

Mine was mounted to the PLASTIC when I got the bike at 14k miles, VR lasted tell 28k and I just replaced it about 500 miles ago

I dunno if its supposed to be mounted to metal, my stocker made it to 28k, with 14k of that on plastic lol

nags 05-28-2008 05:10 PM

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
this thing fits like shit

Halfrican 05-28-2008 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=50slut;3315068]i moved my left passenger footpeg farther back anyway n when i put my bar on i had to move my rectifier and it bolted up perfect in the stock passenger peg location and it looks pimp :cheers and its probably stays alot cooler that way :shruggs
try that Nags!!!![/QUOTE]

if he moved his passenger pegs back would he be able to reach the bars? :shruggs :ie [SIZE="1"]little guy[/SIZE]

Towlieee 05-28-2008 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=Halfrican;3315161]if he moved his passenger pegs back would he be able to reach the bars? :shruggs :ie [SIZE="1"]little guy[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:LOL :LOL

[QUOTE=50slut;3315068]i moved my left passenger footpeg farther back anyway n when i put my bar on i had to move my rectifier and it bolted up perfect in the stock passenger peg location and it looks pimp :cheers and its probably stays alot cooler that way :shruggs
try that Nags!!!![/QUOTE]

So you moved your passenger peg, but didn't leave the stock one??

How far did you move it back??

I've been considering adding a second peg to mine

nags 05-28-2008 05:56 PM

Ok, so if you don't want to use the dumb clamps that this thing comes with and want to bolt it in.. The side bars line up right in the middle of the welds and you have to mount it through the welds. So fuck it. I did that.

After everything was done.. the bar is real short.. my tail is a few inches shorter than stock and this thing is still another inch within the tail. Real helpful.

Then I go to put the rear seat on it and it's tight as shit with this thing installed. I had to beat it on to get it to clip.

Long story short, it's probably coming back off this week.

Suicidl 05-28-2008 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

nags 05-28-2008 06:05 PM

Lol, it's going to be in the for sale section soon :hello

I need an SI

stock05 05-28-2008 06:08 PM

[quote=nags;3315227]Ok, so if you don't want to use the dumb clamps that this thing comes with and want to bolt it in.. The side bars line up right in the middle of the welds and you have to mount it through the welds. So fuck it. I did that.

After everything was done.. the bar is real short.. my tail is a few inches shorter than stock and this thing is still another inch within the tail. Real helpful.

Then I go to put the rear seat on it and it's tight as shit with this thing installed. I had to beat it on to get it to clip.

Long story short, it's probably coming back off this week.[/quote]

get the SI it fits like a glove, the only thing i had to do was cut the pieces of the cross tube that extend past the square rails off.

CRA$H AZ 05-28-2008 06:11 PM

nags you should know better than to buy powers. i have a powers 12 bar (it was $40 guys c'mon i had to) but it looks like SHIT.

performance + looks = the bizniz

powers has neither.

MikeM 05-28-2008 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=nags;3315150]this thing fits like shit[/QUOTE]

what kind of squid buys powers shit anyway? come on nags :nono