Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Why Don't Stunters Wear Safety Gear? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/198348-why-dont-stunters-wear.html)

DsK.#1 08-15-2007 11:23 AM

Why Don't Stunters Wear Safety Gear?

I'm not a helmet Nazi, but all I see in alot of the stunt videos is guys stunting in nothing but helmets and maybe gloves as goes safety gear otherwise there dressed as you would walking down the street.

What's the deal with this are they trying to prove something like there "tougher" than the next stunter?
To me it just seems a little dumb, in which one scenario if you crashed with full gear on you could walk away unhurt and keep stunting. As if you'd got nothing but a helemt on, you'd get seriously hurt and be out from stunting for weeks or even months or even die maybe and basically cause yourself an injuiry that could of been avoided by wearing safety gear. I'm not saying safety gear will save you in every situation but the risk is significantly reduced of being injuired.

What is it with some stunters? I'm not generalising I know there's stunters out there which of course stunt always with gear. I'm just interested to know what the idea of "no gear" is? :shruggs

Dobey1 08-15-2007 11:26 AM

Re: Why Don't Stunters Wear Safety Gear?

[quote=DsK.#1;2894978]I'm not a helmet Nazi, but all I see in alot of the stunt videos is guys stunting in nothing but helmets and maybe gloves as goes safety gear otherwise there dressed as you would walking down the street.

What's the deal with this are they trying to prove something like there "tougher" than the next stunter?
To me it just seems a little dumb, in which one scenario if you crashed with full gear on you could walk away unhurt and keep stunting. As if you'd got nothing but a helemt on, you'd get seriously hurt and be out from stunting for weeks or even months or even die maybe and basically cause yourself an injuiry that could of been avoided by wearing safety gear. I'm not saying safety gear will save you in every situation but the risk is significantly reduced of being injuired.

What is it with some stunters? I'm not generalising I know there's stunters out there which of course stunt always with gear. I'm just interested to know what the idea of "no gear" is? :shruggs[/quote]
Who wants to look like a football player. Also this is why we call it stunte'n. You can't move all over the bike with pads. Doing combos with gear sucks and get in the way.

havok 08-15-2007 11:31 AM

i allways wear my gear....but from what ive been told,in the lots not wearing a helmet gives you a better sense of things.....you can hear and see,witch makes it have a better feel...

but ive seen and heard about stupid crashes,and people getting hurt or killed due to no helmet....

so i always wear mine

atl freestyle 08-15-2007 11:32 AM

i'm the "toughest" cause i stunt with no shirt:LOL

VerticalLimits 08-15-2007 11:35 AM

i'd say the biggest excuse you'll hear is it gets real hot and harder to manuever....

I only where lid, gloves, and back protector..... which in my eyes is enough for me, i don't much of anything real high speed, and if i do, i throw the jacket on.....

tuck and roll [EMAIL="bit@hes"]bit@hes[/EMAIL] , tuck and roll....:LOL

vertical_joe 08-15-2007 11:36 AM

The smart guys wear gear. And the "no helmet gives you a better sense of things" is a pretty ridiculous statement!

3824 08-15-2007 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=DsK.#1;2894978] I'm not generalising [/QUOTE]

Yes you are.

Trentl40 08-15-2007 11:38 AM

[quote=VerticalLimits;2895009]i'd say the biggest excuse you'll hear is it gets real hot and harder to manuever....

I only where lid, gloves, and back protector..... which in my eyes is enough for me, i don't much of anything real high speed, and if i do, i throw the jacket on.....

tuck and roll bit@hes , tuck and roll....:LOL[/quote]
+1 most of the stuff we do is slow and all that Hot gear isnt really going to do alot in my opinion!

VerticalLimits 08-15-2007 11:41 AM

[quote=atl freestyle;2895004]i'm the "toughest" cause i stunt with no shirt:LOL[/quote]
i thought that made you the sexiest......

theguy386 08-15-2007 11:45 AM

I wear lid, gloves, and knee pads

DBOUNCE1 08-15-2007 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=scott3824;2895014]Yes you are.[/QUOTE]

+1 i was gonna say that

samurai87 08-15-2007 11:48 AM

im waiting for the guy in the thong to tell what he wears hahahaha

Reyals Bemus 08-15-2007 12:00 PM

I got out riding like every 5 minutes and I only ride stints of like 30-40 minutes per session. So it'd be a bitch to get all dressed up, go out ride, come back, get unchanged, soaked with sweat, and then later get all dressed up again (which takes quite some time) and then do this over and over and over again. I probably go out 4-5 times a day.

When I ride, at the minimum I wear:

- Long pants (usually some good jeans)
- A shirt (short sleeve is fine for me)
- Gloves (if you fall, your hands are likely to shoot towards the ground to save you)
- Helmet (for obvious reasons...)

My avatar shows me wearing short pants, but that was like one time and it was 100+ degrees out...

numberTWO 08-15-2007 12:00 PM

In AZ heat, I think it might be more dangerous to stunt in a jacket and full gear than with just helmet and gloves. When you are out riding in 115 degrees for 4-6 hours you just wanna do whatever you can to keep cool. I personally don't like wearing a helmet when it's hot out, but if i'm doing fast combos or tryin something that is very technical that I don't have on lock, I always wear my helmet. And I do believe there is a huge difference when I do circles with and without a helmet on. It feels like I have more control over the bike when I don't have this big bulky thing on my head. I have seen three pretty bad accidents at over 40 mph in the last couple weeks, all with just helmet and gloves on and they got up with minor rash and that's it. I guess it just depends on the situation and rider. Ride safe everyone.

Lil Krazy 08-15-2007 12:00 PM

I would like to have some knee pads. But when you spend all your money to keep your bike running its not easy to get gear when you gotta buy brake pads, clip ons, and every thing els. then you brake the shit. its never ending.
This sport is expensive:banghead

theguy386 08-15-2007 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Lil Krazy;2895069]
This sport is expensive:banghead[/QUOTE]

+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Ethiopian 08-15-2007 12:03 PM

[quote=Lil Krazy;2895069]I would like to have some knee pads. But when you spend all your money to keep your bike running its not easy to get gear when you gotta buy brake pads, clip ons, and every thing els. then you brake the shit. its never ending.
This sport is expensive:banghead[/quote]

man i bought some knee pads from walmart for like 15 bucks, x-games style and there worth every penney. but i here you this shit gets expensive.

Lil Krazy 08-15-2007 12:06 PM

See what i mean ill spend over 200 a week on my bike at least with gas water i could go on all day. iv been in a parking lot for about 7-8 months im learning hella fast but break stuff even faster. :broke

PeterNoggin 08-15-2007 12:09 PM

Well i wear a cup ha ha ha ha ha

havok 08-15-2007 12:09 PM

[quote=vertical_joe;2895010]The smart guys wear gear. And the "no helmet gives you a better sense of things" is a pretty ridiculous statement![/quote]

again....

[COLOR=red]from what ive been told[/COLOR],in the lots not wearing a helmet gives you a better sense of things....

so as you can see by my avatar..i didnt listen to that statment.....:cheers