Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Can an off duty cop ...? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/197491-can-off-duty-cop.html)

nyRocketkid 08-06-2007 09:04 PM

Can an off duty cop ...?

I was just riding with my buddy and he did a wheelie on his bike and we pulled up to the light next to a guy in a lincon. Well the cock sucker rolls down his window and says to my buddy "I'm an off duty New York State Trooper and I just called in your plate and your gonna be in jail in the morning". If he really was an off duty state trooper can my buddy really get into trouble? And if so what can happen?

Scott- 08-06-2007 09:06 PM

Re: Can an off duty cop ...?

i wouldnt worry about it

DerekMey 08-06-2007 09:06 PM

can't do it....bullshit

cjstunts 08-06-2007 09:09 PM

actually, an off duty cop has the same responsibility as an on duty... basically they are a cop all the time. but he has to call it in, and they have to send an on duty cop. but i believe he can write a ticket and mail it to you...

SIC J 08-06-2007 09:09 PM

ive had a couple off duty cops give me shit. they ALWAYS showed me a badge and just tried yellin at me and sayin im an idiot. i wouldnt trip on it.

big dave 08-06-2007 09:18 PM

hopefully you gave him the finger, then wheelied away.
if not, do it next time 'cause he can't do shit.

Josh Faught 08-06-2007 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=SICmestizoRider;2879984]ive had a couple off duty cops give me shit. they ALWAYS showed me a badge and just tried yellin at me and sayin im an idiot. i wouldnt trip on it.[/QUOTE]

You mean kinda like the one your parked your bike on his hood in your avatar :LOL

nyRocketkid 08-06-2007 09:19 PM

He didn't show us a badge. He just pulled up all casual and rolled down the window of his car and said he was an off duty state trooper and I just called in your plate and your gonna be in jail in the morning. He never showed me a badge.

nyRocketkid 08-06-2007 09:22 PM

[quote=PODIZZLE;2879998]You mean kinda like the one your parked your bike on his hood in your avatar :LOL[/quote]

No it was my buddy.:apimp

matt360 08-06-2007 09:23 PM

That sucks man. Unfortunitly yeah even though he is "off" duty like someone stated above he still has the responsiblity as when he is on the clock. It's even worse cause he is a NYST cause they have venue everywhere in the state. Meaning even if he wasn't from around there he stil can do something about it. Better hope it was someone just messing with you cause of all the shit that has gone down the past couple of years in NY with NYST there prob going to try nail ya.
:banghead

Johnny 08-06-2007 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=big dave;2879997]hopefully you gave him the finger, then wheelied away.
if not, do it next time 'cause he can't do shit.[/QUOTE]

GOOD AWNSER you shoulda been a cop

Standupnfall 08-06-2007 09:24 PM

NY cops can stick it to ya. Especially State troopers. I got 3 tickets after I got out of the hospital when a car hit me.

nyRocketkid 08-06-2007 09:24 PM

[quote=nyRocketkid;2880008]No it was my buddy.:apimp[/quote]

My buddy on his 01 R1 he just got on the road today also. What are the odds?:LOL

Josh Faught 08-06-2007 09:25 PM

If it was a cop he prob woulda pulled his badge out it was probally some old fuck thats a ass and you pissed him off dont sweat it bro

SIC J 08-06-2007 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=PODIZZLE;2879998]You mean kinda like the one your parked your bike on his hood in your avatar :LOL[/QUOTE]

yea that was a once in a lifetime opportunity... :LOL

best part was the cop was encouragin me to do it and take pics like that. he just wouldnt let me do a whoolie and park it on there. he didnt want me to dent the hood. oh well. it was still worth it :YEAH

Josh Faught 08-06-2007 09:27 PM

Thats awesome dude

letsride 08-06-2007 09:27 PM

I got pulled over by a cop from my town but when I rode the wheelie I was in the next town over. Then he pulled me over the second we crossed the border. He tried to scare me saying I was gonna get arrested. He asked me if I could go buy some weed or pills and set someone up. I said no and he let me go. I wouldnt let it stress you out. If anything they'll come give you a ticket or court summons.

nyRocketkid 08-06-2007 09:29 PM

[quote=PODIZZLE;2880015]If it was a cop he prob woulda pulled his badge out it was probally some old fuck thats a ass and you pissed him off dont sweat it bro[/quote]

Hope so. He was driving a brand new lincon & he was really clean cut though.

nyRocketkid 08-06-2007 09:34 PM

Thats it. No more wheelies till I spend the 150bucks.
[URL]http://www.haibikeshop.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_48_504&products_id=1425[/URL]

I need to buy a fucking lot bike. mabey I'll buy a damn F4i next year.

Josh Faught 08-06-2007 09:37 PM

Well if he was fat he was a cop i dunno about there but here all the cops are fat asses